Could Hugh Hefner & Donald Trump Be Homosexual?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Not everyone can ... act on non existent desires.

i don't desire to murder

i'm not attracted to the thought of it
i find the thought of it repulsive
i don't think about it all the time
i don't fantasize about it

according to your "logic", I can state with certainty that I could never commit murder

Arthur Brain

i don't desire to murder

i'm not attracted to the thought of it
i find the thought of it repulsive
i don't think about it all the time
i don't fantasize about it

according to your "logic", I can state with certainty that I could never commit murder

Nor do I, nor to kill in general. Could there be a situation where I could envision myself doing it? Sure, in self defense if it was the only option or protecting another. Could I say with categorical certainty that there couldn't possibly be a situation where I would consider murder? Not absolutely no. If someone killed my family then I don't know what the grief and anger could compel me to do. I don't think anyone would know unless in that position.

The difference between this and being straight is that there's no 'ethics' to it, it's simply a case of being solely attracted to the opposite sex. There's no situation you could present that would make any difference to that or one that could produce any 'moral quandary' either.

ok doser

Simply that there's nothing 'moral' in itself by being straight.

i see

no, there's nothing moral in being straight - it is what it is

which is normal

there is something immoral in perverting that normalcy

artie said:
I didn't make an 'ethical choice' to be attracted to women, just the way it is.

in a similar manner, I didn't make an ethical choice to be repulsed by the thought of becoming a murderer

Arthur Brain

i see

no, there's nothing moral in being straight - it is what it is

which is normal

there is something immoral in perverting that normalcy

Which isn't an option for me as I'm exclusively attracted to women. Whatever anybody else's orientation is it'll have zero impact on my own.

in a similar manner, I didn't make an ethical choice to be repulsed by the thought of becoming a murderer

The thought of killing repulses me in turn although as I said before it's not something I could completely rule out in certain circumstances. I can rule out any sort of attraction to men.

ok doser

Which isn't an option for me as I'm exclusively attracted to women. Whatever anybody else's orientation is it'll have zero impact on my own.

seems like we're talking past one other

there is only one orientation - normal

anything other than that - whether it involves same sex, children or goats - is a perversion of that normalcy

Arthur Brain

seems like we're talking past one other

there is only one orientation - normal

anything other than that - whether it involves same sex, children or goats - is a perversion of that normalcy

Well if you're straight then you can't choose to be attracted to any of the above, otherwise it would be a bit pointless identifying as such. If I could entertain sexual relations with anyone besides a woman then I wouldn't bother saying I was straight by way of. I can't, so I do.

ok doser

Well if you're straight then you can't choose to be attracted to any of the above, otherwise it would be a bit pointless identifying as such. If I could entertain sexual relations with anyone besides a woman then I wouldn't bother saying I was straight by way of. I can't, so I do.

everybody is straight - everybody starts off straight, just like everybody starts off as a non-murderer

after that it's a matter of choice

Arthur Brain

everybody is straight - everybody starts off straight, just like everybody starts off as a non-murderer

after that it's a matter of choice

Well, no it isn't as I've never been able to 'choose' to find anyone besides the opposite sex attractive or desirable on an intimate level. Nor could I 'choose' any differently now. Pretty much just like what 'Exminister' stated here.

ok doser

Well, no it isn't as I've never been able to 'choose' to find anyone besides the opposite sex attractive or desirable on an intimate level. Nor could I 'choose' any differently now. Pretty much just like what 'Exminister' stated here.

and yet you can understand me when I tell you that you or I could choose to murder

your societal conditioning regarding the perversion of homosexuality is stronger than your societal condition regarding murder

curious

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[AB] and yet you can understand me when I tell you that you or I could choose to murder...
He may not struggle with this sin;
limpwrist.gif
but, he does struggle with another which he does not name. Satan knows. :juggle: If he were allowed to live for a hundred more years, we'd witness the monster in an even more depraved state. God is merciful. He doesn't let men be :banana: all that they can be. :rolleyes: Jer 17:9

Spoiler
latest

Arthur Brain

and yet you can understand me when I tell you that you or I could choose to murder

your societal conditioning regarding the perversion of homosexuality is stronger than your societal condition regarding murder

curious

What's curious is how you can conflate the two. My heterosexuality is as fixed as the colour of my skin, it just simply is. A situation where anybody could potentially kill, either in defense of themselves or others, or even as revenge is an argument that doesn't and never was going to work in relation. You should try another.

Arthur Brain

He may not struggle with this sin;
limpwrist.gif
but, he does struggle with another which he does not name. Satan knows. :juggle: If he were allowed to live for a hundred more years, we'd witness the monster in an even more depraved state. God is merciful. He doesn't let men be :banana: all that they can be. :rolleyes: Jer 17:9

Spoiler
latest

Er, what are you talking about?

:AMR:

ok doser

What's curious is how you can conflate the two.

easy - both homosexuality and murder are perversions of normalcy

artie said:
My heterosexuality is as fixed as the colour of my skin, it just simply is.

a statement that's as convincing as my claim that my state of being a non-murderer is as fixed as the color of my skin

(as it happens, the color of my skin changes quite a bit when I go out in the sun :chuckle: )