Coral Ridge Ministries and CSI

Stratnerd

You claim I am incorrect, yet it is on display in Utah. I took the time to email the guy and he said it was.
wait a minute... someone, I thought it was you, posted that is wasn't being displayed any longer.

Honestly, I don't see how it could since many papers have come out on just one of the bona fide pieces not the faux composite.

Who did you email? Where is it on display? And is there a dialog that goes with it [like, this composite is actually composed of two...]?

aharvey

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Credentials vs. credibility

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Credentials vs. credibility

Originally posted by Nineveh

I was talking to Strat about the homo book review. I wanted his take on it, he declined, I respected his rejection to get into the topic, then you took it up as some sort of "proof" that news only comes from the paper pages of Nature. Sorry, but since you still haven't clued me in on the "accepted" news outlets that's the best I can guess.

Sigh... See my post 173, and the several that led up to it. I have answered this very question for you, more than once.

Yet I didn't misquote or misrepresent anything thing from either the article or the review. Then later when I posted straight from Nature.com you still took issue with the source. I'm still trying to get you to give me an approved list of news outlets.

Sigh... See my post 173, and the several that led up to it. I have answered this very question for you, more than once.

And you did misrepresent the article, which was clear to those of us who did read it! And I notice that your reply conveniently ignored my request that you look at your own post 8 for an explanation of why press releases are not substitutes for the real thing.

I asked what I missed since you seem to think there is some sort of "science" being promoted in that book review. From what I had gathered, the review was basically blowing the book off as aganda driven. But, since you didn't feel compelled to reply, I guess I didn't miss a whole lot by not reading the review or the book. Unless you think the theory has been "debunked" in that book or something...

Where did you "gather" this perception of the review you never read? I did ask that right off the bat, but never got an answer.

"So your claim that “the archaeoraptor hoax is being promoted to children” is completely incorrect. The specimen is not in the Czerkas’s private museum in Utah, despite what the web site of the San Juan County Community Development group implies."

You claim I am incorrect, yet it is on display in Utah. I took the time to email the guy and he said it was. So to answer your question, your attitude lies in the fact you instisted it wasn't, not once but twice. When it was found to be there, did you correct yourself in your assesment of my being incorrect about the matter?

(and then, a little bit later...)

I understand the fossil has been returned. I understand the raptor was dropped from the exibit. I also understand people you claim don't have "credintials" have written the book and made the exhibit. Are we square on this issue now?

Nin, you wrote both these statements in the same post. Care to explain how they can both be correct?

Actually, all this seems to be so far is going back to dredge up the first dialog we had that had no conclusion. Maybe we could "close" it by you enlightening me where real news comes from.

No, I don't remember getting "bent out of shape". What I remember is getting tired of wading through your ego to get to your points.

From your post 580: " If you can't be civil, let's not talk." Sounds pretty bent out of shape to me. And since when does frustration = ego?

Actually I'm rather relieved to see you finally address my question, thank you :)

Sigh... See my post 173, and the several that led up to it. I have answered this very question for you, more than once. But you sure get a lot of mileage out of pretending that I didn't.

So what is your issue with Nature.com?

I notice that your reply conveniently ignored my request that you look at your own post 8 for an explanation of why press releases are not substitutes for the real thing.

I never claimed to have read the book or the review. I simply wanted to know what Strat thought of it.

Fine. I guess I was being unreasonable in thinking, "Speaking of 'science' news, have you gotten a load of the new reviews of Joan Roughgarden's Book in 'Science' and 'Nature' on bisexuality?" in any way implies that you yourself had seen the reviews...

I'd say you are making a fuss, still.

Nope, I mentioned this post strictly as an example of your civil writing style. You insist on dwelling on the content. I guess that way we won't have to address the civility issue.

I asked you before, and I'm asking again now, if Nature.com isn't posting what they mean to say on their web site, where then can I get news you won't take issue with?

I notice that your reply conveniently ignored my request that you look at your own post 8 for an explanation of why press releases are not substitutes for the real thing.

I never implied mistakes are hoaxes. However, the raptor had no excuse, I'm glad it was discovered and taken care of quickly. Java Man was a "mistake" for over 30 years. I can't stretch my imagination that much to believe it wasn't on purpose. I don;t make up the news about these "transitionals" or "missing links", but the history behind them is there. I tend to believe sometimes people want something so badly they are willing to do or believe anything. In the realm of science pilt down, java, nebraska and the raptor were all acclaimed to be evidence of evo at some point. I am happy those examples are behind us now. Unfotunatly it appears Lucy has different bones making up her story, too. I guess we shall wait and see what comes of it all, especially since she has a prominent place in our "tree", at least to the museums that put her on display.

30 years too long for a problem to remain unfixed? You know little about science, madam. I've got a grad student defending a thesis tomorrow in which he resolves two contradictory results published in 1952 and 1962; they've been cited many times, but no one's sat down to sort it out until now. This is hardly unusual. How many scientists do you think there are for every biological problem?

But more importantly: Archaeoraptor and Piltdown man were hoaxes. What about the others? Do you now consider them to be mistakes or hoaxes?

You are right, you didn't use the term "wince".

I also didn't use the words "fact" or "evidence," I used the word "proof." And how many times have I emphasized that "proof" and "evidence" are NOT the same? Too many for you not to be aware of this. And yet you still use the word "proof" when you mean "evidence." I find it very difficult to believe that you would be so dense that you could honestly conclude that, after all my posts stressing the differences between "evidence" and "proof," that I could possibly have meant that facts and evidence makes evolutionists wince when I said that you (mis)use the word "proof" just to irritate scientists.

I would also like to thank you for keeping things civil, all but for the "boneheaded" part :)

Hey, it's my default.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by Dimo
Many people who consider themselves "fundamentalist" Christians see the naturalistic explanations in the material sciences as contradicting their interpretation of Genesis.

Maybe the explanations of the evidence do.

Therefore, in an attempt to muster more social support for their religious ideas they attack these naturalistic explanations and the people who understand them. This has been your modus operandi right from the start.

No, from the start, I posted about a new museum being put together. I will call your attention to the first few evo replies to this thread, the news was less than well received. You use the word "attack", rather I would say folks like Kenyon, Brewer, et al offer their own opinion and/or poke holes in evo theories.

On the other hand, most people in the material sciences are not out to burst the "fundamentalist" bubble. It just so happens that the evidence does not support the literalist claims of Genesis, that fundamentalists like to use as their battle cry.

"It just so happens" not all scientists buy into evo.

Again, I am not a pagan. I do believe in the one God. I know nothing of your experience with pagans.

I didn't say you were, I said I hear that a lot from pagans. (Mormons believe in "one god", too btw)

I agree. That is why I follow him and not you. Nor do I accept that your socio-political party line is representative of Jesus or reflects this passage.

No one said you did. But have you ever considered Gen. 1:3 with John 1:1?

Again, I do not know many pagans. Most people I know are monotheistic. I do know a few agnostics and some atheists. Tell me where can I meet these "pagans".

You must not get around TOL much :)

I agree. And it warns me of people such as yourself.

Oh? How so?

Again, I agree. Perhaps you should stop doing this.

Mind backing up your accusation with something a little more solid? I will expect to see Scripture.

I have no problem with creationism being taught in public schools. I learned about it as a part of science history. Nor do I have a problem with philosophical speculation about the ideas that God's creative power is manifest through the natural universe. Just don't call these things leading edge understandings in the material sciences.

Too bad most other evos don't agree with you.

Could you please point me in the direction of some literature that is good support for your claims. I have three books on creationism/ID and none of them seem to build a case for their own claims. It appears that their whole intent is to undermine the naturalistic methodology and assumption of the material sciences. They do not have any positive evidence for their explanations, only negative mud-slinging against the naturalistic explanation. Kind of like what you do here.

Why not spend some time at AIG and ICR.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by Stratnerd

wait a minute... someone, I thought it was you, posted that is wasn't being displayed any longer.

Flipper called San Diego where the exibit is on dislplay, they don't have the raptor in the exibit. What is on display in Utah is a plastic model.

Honestly, I don't see how it could since many papers have come out on just one of the bona fide pieces not the faux composite.

I believe that's why it got bounced.

Who did you email?

Czerkas’. I got their email from their museum website.

Where is it on display?

A plastic model is on display in Utah at their museum.

And is there a dialog that goes with it [like, this composite is actually composed of two...]?

I dunno what info they have with it, I didn't ask.

Dimo

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
Nineveh posted:

"It just so happens" not all scientists buy into evo.

Dimo:

Please, which scientist propose as you do that the supernatural model is responsible?

Dimo

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
quote:
Again, I do not know many pagans. Most people I know are monotheistic. I do know a few agnostics and some atheists. Tell me where can I meet these "pagans".

Nineveh posted:

You must not get around TOL much.

Dimo:

Maybe not. But I still have not seen many posts here where the poster claims to a "pagan". I have seen people claiming to be agnostics, some atheists, and many monotheists.

At any rate I was talking about people I know on a personal level. But all of this is beside the point.

Dimo

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
quote:
I agree. And it warns me of people such as yourself.

Nineveh:

Oh? How so?

Dimo:

Because you claim that Genesis is a treatise on the mechanisms for our physical and biological origins. When any reasonable person can plainly see that it is a treatise on the origins of human consciousness and how that relates to the one God.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Credentials vs. credibility

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Credentials vs. credibility

Originally posted by aharvey
And you did misrepresent the article, which was clear to those of us who did read it! And I notice that your reply conveniently ignored my request that you look at your own post 8 for an explanation of why press releases are not substitutes for the real thing.

How did I misrepresent the article?

Where did you "gather" this perception of the review you never read? I did ask that right off the bat, but never got an answer.

I read about it at a news site. So am I wrong? Did the actual review reflect the opinion that this biologist laid waste to the theory of sexual selection, or did it imply the book was aganda driven?

Nin, you wrote both these statements in the same post. Care to explain how they can both be correct?

You said: "So your claim that “the archaeoraptor hoax is being promoted to children” is completely incorrect. The specimen is not in the Czerkas’s private museum in Utah, despite what the web site of the San Juan County Community Development group implies."

The email reply from S. Czerkas: "No, the Archaeoraptor is in China, and not on view in San Diego. A plastic replica is on view at The Dinosaur Museum."

From your post 580: " If you can't be civil, let's not talk." Sounds pretty bent out of shape to me. And since when does frustration = ego?

I guess we have different definitions for "bent". I just didn't feel the need to deal with your 'tude, that's all.

I requested Jukia look on the site for answers to his questions. I posted from Nature.com. So is Nature.com reliable or not? What further was in (what? the paper copy?) that isn't on the site of the same name?

30 years too long for a problem to remain unfixed? You know little about science, madam. I've got a grad student defending a thesis tomorrow in which he resolves two contradictory results published in 1952 and 1962; they've been cited many times, but no one's sat down to sort it out until now. This is hardly unusual. How many scientists do you think there are for every biological problem?

I think there is a difference making claims about something but not letting others take a look at it for 30 years is a little different.

To refresh from Agent Smiths post on page 3:

THE PITHECANTHROPUS ERECTUS!
Calling his find the Java Ape-Man or "Pithecanthropus erectus" (the ape-man that walks upright), evolutionists swallowed his "proof" without question and arrogantly declared to the world that the Ape-Man was 750,000 years old! Many leading scientists eagerly went to his Holland home to see for themselves those amazing bones, only for Dubois to turn them away at his door.

Finally, after about 35 years, the scientific world demanded to see and evaluate the bones for themselves. Twenty-four European scientists met and studied the bones. Ten said they were the bones of an ape; seven said they came from a man; and seven said they were not the bones of a "missing link!" No less an authority than H.G. Wells, the agnostic historian known for his two-volume Outline of History, said they were the bones of an ape. Even Dubois himself finally admitted that the bones were probably from an ape. But the Java Ape-Man has been paraded in museums and high school and college text books the world over as the "missing link" between man and animals, proving evolution! Almighty God must have had these worldly wise men in mind when He inspired the Apostle Paul to tell Timothy to "...keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science, falsely so called!" ...

But more importantly: Archaeoraptor and Piltdown man were hoaxes. What about the others? Do you now consider them to be mistakes or hoaxes?

What others? Lucy and/or the dino (Strat or Flipper ?) posted about?

Dimo

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
quote:
Again, I agree. Perhaps you should stop doing this.

Nineveh posted:

Mind backing up your accusation with something a little more solid? I will expect to see Scripture.

Dimo:

None needed. I guess you are saying that you are sinless. Hmmm, I thought there was only one person who was truly sinless.

My point being that you use this smoke screen of assault on the naturalistic assumption and methodology to divert attention from your own shortcomings.

Do I really need scripture to back this up. I'm sure I can find a few passages that support my claim. But then you will just weasel out of that, like you do with most everything else.

Dimo

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
quote:
Many people who consider themselves "fundamentalist" Christians see the naturalistic explanations in the material sciences as contradicting their interpretation of Genesis.

Nineveh posted:

Maybe the explanations of the evidence do.

Dimo:

Again, where is your evidence for the supernatural?

Oh that's right because your interpretation of the Bible requires this. And since your interpretation of the Bible involves the "supernatural", any explanation in natural philosophy that you do not understand or like must be evidence for the "supernatural".

Last edited:

Dimo

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
quote:
Therefore, in an attempt to muster more social support for their religious ideas they attack these naturalistic explanations and the people who understand them. This has been your modus operandi right from the start.

Nineveh posted:

No, from the start, I posted about a new museum being put together. I will call your attention to the first few evo replies to this thread, the news was less than well received. You use the word "attack", rather I would say folks like Kenyon, Brewer, et al offer their own opinion and/or poke holes in evo theories.

Dimo:

Yes, and the qoute your used referred to evolution as a "lie". Is that not an attack on the naturalistic assumption and methodology of the material sciences? Since the best explanation, given purely naturalistic mechanisms, for our physical origins is naturalistic evolution. Your use of this quote shows your support for such tactics. Also, your whole mode of argument following your original post follows suit.

Nineveh posted:

Why not spend some time at AIG and ICR.

Dimo:

I have. There MO is the same as yours and the three creatinist/ID books I have. Not to mention that they are not entirely honest. Got any better sources?

Last edited:

Dimo

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
Nineveh posted:

I dunno what info they have with it, I didn't ask.

Dimo:

Yeah, why would you? Since you feel you got what you needed.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Dimo, this is the last time I am going to put all your thoughts together, so from now on, I will reply to your first post and the rest will go un answered, ok?

Please, which scientist propose as you do that the supernatural model is responsible?

ID proposes an Intelligent Designer.

Maybe not. But I still have not seen many posts here where the poster claims to a "pagan". I have seen people claiming to be agnostics, some atheists, and many monotheists.

How about a witch?

Because you claim that Genesis is a treatise on the mechanisms for our physical and biological origins. When any reasonable person can plainly see that it is a treatise on the origins of human consciousness and how that relates to the one God.

treatise: 1 : a systematic exposition or argument in writing including a methodical discussion of the facts and principles involved and conclusions reached

I don't know anyone who claims Scripture is a "treatise" about the finer points of what He did during Creation. But, you know? God thought it was important enough to mention it again in the 10 Commandments.

So anyway, how does Scripture warn you about me? This time, you might want to use Scripture.

What are your thoughts on comparing Gen 1:3 with John 1:1?

None needed. I guess you are saying that you are sinless. Hmmm, I thought there was only one person who was truly sinless.

If you want to correct my error according to Scripture, you need to have some.

Do I really need scripture to back this up. I'm sure I can find a few passages that support my claim. But then you will just weasel out of that, like you do with most everything else.

If you can lay the accusation against me, yes, I want to see the evidence. (or is this going to be like your junk DNA definition?)

Again, where is your evidence for the supernatural. Oh that's right because your interpretation of the Bible requires this. And since your interpretation of the Bible involves the "supernatural", any explanation in natural philosophy that you do not understand or like must be evidence for the "supernatural".

Why not listen to the ID argument and leave off with proving the unprovable. Apparently some feel the physical evidence supports design, not evo.

Funny I found some awsome articles about blind cave fish at ICR, and I found the Scientist Dr. Brewer, who is working and teaching in his field. I keep hearing the arguments about what creationism lacks and keep finding more and more evidence these arguments are not rooted in reality.

Please try to keep your thoughts to one post from now on? Pretty please?

I didn't ask what they said about their display because the argument I was rebutting was about it not even being there. You are free to email if you want to know more about it.

Dimo

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
Nineveh posted:

I don't know anyone who claims Scripture is a "treatise" about the finer points of what He did during Creation.

Dimo:

I agree. It was from the viewpoint of present human consciousness. It is a revelation from God to Adam.

Nineveh posted:

But, you know? God thought it was important enough to mention it again in the 10 Commandments.

Dimo:

Yes it is very important. I never said it wasn't. Personally I think my consciousness is the most important part of my existence. Since without it I would not know I existed.

Dimo

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
Nineveh posted:

If you want to correct my error according to Scripture, you need to have some.

Dimo:

That is between you and God. I do not claim to have the ability to correct your errors. That is up to you, God willing. I am simply pointing out to the rest of humanity that although you post here as if you are sinless, you are not.

Dimo

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
Nineveh posted:

If you can lay the accusation against me, yes, I want to see the evidence. (or is this going to be like your junk DNA definition?)

Dimo:

Are you saying that you are sinless?

If you say that you are, I have no hard evidence to the contrary.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Dimo, in post 600 you accused Nineveh of "try[ing] to make His Word say something other than what it says to benefit them in their sins."

Nineveh is asking you to back up that accusation, and to be specific as to which Scripture she is twisting.

She is not claiming that she never sinned. But you assume she did, then you say that you have no evidence to the contrary, and that you cannot correct her assertion with Scripture.

Are you unfamiliar with this verse?
  • for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23

That is one of the best-known verses in the Bible.

It's no wonder you only post in this forum. Maybe you should read what goes on in the other forums instead of fighting with Christians here in Origins. Or, read the Bible.

aharvey

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Credentials vs. credibility

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Credentials vs. credibility

How did I misrepresent the article?

It's called context and completeness. You focused on a couple sentences in the press release that seemed to support your views on "chuck" and "evo" (both meant with the utmost of respect and civility, I'm sure!), which would have been extraordinarily difficult to defend if you had tried to use the actual research reported on by the scientists themselves. Again, see your post 8 about whether it is wise to assume press releases tell the whole story.

I read about it at a news site. So am I wrong? Did the actual review reflect the opinion that this biologist laid waste to the theory of sexual selection, or did it imply the book was aganda driven?

You read about a review of a book at a news site? What "news site," pray tell, considers book reviews to be news? One with an agenda, perhaps? Like, maybe a creationist agenda?

You said: "So your claim that “the archaeoraptor hoax is being promoted to children” is completely incorrect. The specimen is not in the Czerkas’s private museum in Utah, despite what the web site of the San Juan County Community Development group implies."

The email reply from S. Czerkas: "No, the Archaeoraptor is in China, and not on view in San Diego. A plastic replica is on view at The Dinosaur Museum."

So to you, the statements "The archaeoraptor is on display in Utah," "The archaeoraptor has been returned to China," and "A plastic model of the archaeoraptor is on display in Utah."? And there's no difference betweeen "The archaeoraptor hoax is being used to indoctrinate children that birds evolved from dinosaurs," and "The archaeoraptor hoax is being shown as an important, but embarrassing, illustration of how frauds are perpetrated upon, and recognized by, the scientific community"? I'm guessing that you do not think these are equivalent, which is why you made a point not] to ask Czerkas the context in which the replica was being displayed. Am I right?

I guess we have different definitions for "bent".

Well, it does run deeper than that. Your own definitions of civility and attitude dependent entirely on whether you are disagreeing with someone (in which case, the more insulting the better) or else someone is disagreeing with you (in which case, they'd better be very, very nice!).

I just didn't feel the need to deal with your 'tude, that's all.

It's pretty clear why. You've got more than you can handle with your own.

I requested Jukia look on the site for answers to his questions. I posted from Nature.com. So is Nature.com reliable or not? What further was in (what? the paper copy?) that isn't on the site of the same name?

Honestly, Nineveh, I've only answered this about 100 times. There is a journal called Nature, printed on real paper, which preceded Nature.com by only a couple hundred years. Nature.com is the web face for the actual journal; it is not the actual journal. Nature.com shows you press releases and abstracts of the full research reports that are in the actual journal Nature. You've looked at, maybe 5% of what was actually in the paper.

The great irony is that, although you chided Jukia for relying on the superficial content of the Coral Ridge press release re: the mammoth bones instead of searching the site itself, the Coral Ridge press release does in fact contain the complete discussion of the mammoth bones! And then there's good 'ol Brewer. His article was about the same length as the Nature abstract you read, but does in fact represent Brewer's entire report.

So maybe I have been assuming too much (although this wouldn't explain why you took Jukia to task for stopping at the press release...). So let me say this yet again: when it comes to real scientific research publications, press releases and abstracts posted on web sites are at best brief, incomplete summaries; this is true even of the web sites of the journals themselves, and they would never argue otherwise (if for no other reason because that would be bad business; why subscribe to the journal if you can get the complete story for free online?). Tell you what; I will make a PDF file of the actual report briefly available so you can see for yourself.

I think there is a difference making claims about something but not letting others take a look at it for 30 years is a little different.

To refresh from Agent Smiths post on page 3:

You know, the stuff you posted from AS, as inflammatory, biased, and dripping with attitude as it is, does not say that "someone" made claims about the fossil but refused to let anyone else look at it for 30 years!

What others? Lucy and/or the dino (Strat or Flipper ?) posted about?

Revealing question. There aren't many, are there? Lucy, Nebraska, anything that you've previously called a hoax.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Credentials vs. credibility

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Credentials vs. credibility

Originally posted by aharvey

It's called context and completeness. You focused on a couple sentences in the press release that seemed to support your views on "chuck" and "evo" (both meant with the utmost of respect and civility, I'm sure!), which would have been extraordinarily difficult to defend if you had tried to use the actual research reported on by the scientists themselves. Again, see your post 8 about whether it is wise to assume press releases tell the whole story.

I only pointed out all the differences they found, which is what the whole article was about. Why is it the scientists can be "amazed" but I can't? BTW, because you took issue with quoting from Nature.com, when I found out there was even more news along the same lines, I went to the scientists own page (I didn't have access to Science.com). But the findings there were the same in the news about the news. So I still don't get why you are so vehement about posting from Nature, unless you feel they aren't telling the truth about the research.

You read about a review of a book at a news site? What "news site," pray tell, considers book reviews to be news? One with an agenda, perhaps? Like, maybe a creationist agenda?

First, answer my question about the review. Did it really put down sexual selection or was it agenda driven according to the book review in the paper pages of Nature?

So to you, the statements "The archaeoraptor is on display in Utah," "The archaeoraptor has been returned to China," and "A plastic model of the archaeoraptor is on display in Utah."? And there's no difference betweeen "The archaeoraptor hoax is being used to indoctrinate children that birds evolved from dinosaurs," and "The archaeoraptor hoax is being shown as an important, but embarrassing, illustration of how frauds are perpetrated upon, and recognized by, the scientific community"? I'm guessing that you do not think these are equivalent, which is why you made a point not] to ask Czerkas the context in which the replica was being displayed. Am I right?

No, I asked Czerkas and San Diego the same question "is the archaeoraptor on display". That was your argument you calimed it wasn't on display in Utah, but it is. As for how Utah is showing the archaeoraptor model, only your conjecture is answering that question. Here is another opportunity for you to find out instead of guess.

Well, it does run deeper than that. Your own definitions of civility and attitude dependent entirely on whether you are disagreeing with someone (in which case, the more insulting the better) or else someone is disagreeing with you (in which case, they'd better be very, very nice!).

I'm sorry we won't agree. This is a very long thread with mostly evos replying (if you haven't noticed). So if you want to say I got "bent" because I tired of wading through your 'tude to get to your points instead of replying to other people who can just drop the 'tude for the most part and state their case, so be it. It's not like this is the first thing we haven't agreed on :)

Honestly, Nineveh, I've only answered this about 100 times. There is a journal called Nature, printed on real paper, which preceded Nature.com by only a couple hundred years. Nature.com is the web face for the actual journal; it is not the actual journal. Nature.com shows you press releases and abstracts of the full research reports that are in the actual journal Nature. You've looked at, maybe 5% of what was actually in the paper.

The point is they represent the research honestly, or else, that is your apparent claim. Unless they are lying about the research I can not get why you have a problem with them. Anyway, there is much more about the chromosome comparisons at Nature.com. That's why I kept asking you what it was you thought I needed to read that would make the "press release" mean more/less than what it said. Chances are I could have looked up whatever article you had infront of you on their site.

The great irony is that, although you chided Jukia for relying on the superficial content of the Coral Ridge press release re: the mammoth bones instead of searching the site itself, the Coral Ridge press release does in fact contain the complete discussion of the mammoth bones! And then there's good 'ol Brewer. His article was about the same length as the Nature abstract you read, but does in fact represent Brewer's entire report.

Firstly, the "press release" about the museum was at Coral Ridges site. Looking for info on mammoth bones at the ministry's site would be sort of silly, wouldnt it? So I suggested he go to CSI's site to look, there he found a 1-800 #, he could call toll free to get his questions answered from the man himself.

Um... I'm looking at Coral Ridges "press release" right now. The only thing about the mammoth's age is in the caption under the picture.

I was asking you what more I needed to read about the chromosome study and met with little more than, "more than the press release".

So maybe I have been assuming too much (although this wouldn't explain why you took Jukia to task for stopping at the press release...).

The press release wasn't about mammoth bones. It was about a museum. If he had wanted more info about the museum, I would have suggested he contact the people from the page covering the press release. So much for apples and oranges...

So let me say this yet again: when it comes to real scientific research publications, press releases and abstracts posted on web sites are at best brief, incomplete summaries; this is true even of the web sites of the journals themselves, and they would never argue otherwise (if for no other reason because that would be bad business; why subscribe to the journal if you can get the complete story for free online?). Tell you what; I will make a PDF file of the actual report briefly available so you can see for yourself.

Two things:
First, give me the title of the article I've been asking after all this time, and let's see if it isn't at Nature.com before you go through the trouble of scanning it.

Second: What is said in the article that unsays there are over 60,000 differences in that one (human chimp) chromosome comparison?

You know, the stuff you posted from AS, as inflammatory, biased, and dripping with attitude as it is, does not say that "someone" made claims about the fossil but refused to let anyone else look at it for 30 years!

"Calling his find the Java Ape-Man or "Pithecanthropus erectus" (the ape-man that walks upright), evolutionists swallowed his "proof" without question and arrogantly declared to the world that the Ape-Man was 750,000 years old! Many leading scientists eagerly went to his Holland home to see for themselves those amazing bones, only for Dubois to turn them away at his door.

Finally, after about 35 years,..."

Revealing question. There aren't many, are there? Lucy, Nebraska, anything that you've previously called a hoax.

You said:
But more importantly: Archaeoraptor and Piltdown man were hoaxes. What about the others? Do you now consider them to be mistakes or hoaxes? (post 602 for reference)

You are implying there are "others", maybe I should ask, "other what?" Other hoaxes or other "evidences" of "transitionals/missing links"?

Last edited: