Coral Ridge Ministries and CSI

Stratnerd

DNA is instruction.
Oh I thought you were implying that something exterior to DNA formed DNA... are you switching tracks now and talking about what DNA does? Anywho, the coding of DNA results in different chemical reactions some of which happen to make more of itself and some less.. over time the DNA that is more successful at making more of itself will constitute a greater proportion of the biota. As far as I know this can occur totally by chance.. such as mutation and is something we can observe in a petri dish. I don't get this need to have an external element shoving things around.
I don't think it's as easy as all that. If you are really interested about the difference before the fall and after, I'll tell you what I know
but there was obvious physiological consequences and each time a rational person asks why things like genetic mutations exist we get "The Fall" obviously you are linking sin with genetic mutation.

Evidence you will find compelling? Prolly not, but I will get into it if you are really interested in knowing
about the fall of man... I'm quite familiar with the story.

My framework/base/world view is the Word of God. So, I determine everything in my life from that perspective. Before I get chided, I will contend everyone operates the same way.
sorry, but you were saying that you look at something and see evidence of supernatural creation... I'm asking how do you know from looking at it. If you don't get it from looking at it then you probably agree with me that creationism doesn't require any evidence.

fish gives birth to a bird, then I have not seen evidence for it.
if this is your idea of evolution you will never change your mind.

So far I have not studied each part of a DNA strand and don't know what each particular sequence does. I don't believe we are done studying it yet
but I gave a very specific sequence and you said you see creation.

My prediction is, the tree we have is going to be really really different by the end of these studies.
why? justify.

Does anyone know if there has been a human to human DNA study done yet?
sure - all kinds.

Stratnerd

In Nature the comparison moved us further away from chimps,
from what % to what % - this is what I was talking about before about distorting evidence. Is the decrease something like 97% to 50% or something that remotely makes it look like chimps are out as close relatives.

we got moved closer to rats, mice, chickens, dogs and fish.
No we didn't. The found out that we share certain elements with them - that doesn't make us closer to them. Closer is relative - so were more like those things than chimps. So were 99% dog? Don't think so - they were talking about a very specific area of our shared genome.

Dimo

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
Nineveh posted:

Do you judge traditions of men and teachings of men on what Scriptures say or on your own understanding soley?

Dimo:

How do you determine what scriptures say?

Is it not dependant on your own understanding?

Dimo

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
Nineveh posted:

Usually, if someone takes Scripture out of context, it's fairly easy to spot.

Dimo:

I agree.

john2001

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
Originally posted by Nineveh

For all the bluster about no guesses coming out of creationism, the man who did Mt St Helens was out in the field showing his theories in action.

You should read the USGS report on St. Helens. It would give you an idea of real science looks like. Or, maybe not. Perhaps everything that ICR puts out is the "new New Testament" for you, and is inviolate.

(Kenyon)
Except the part about him changing his mind.

So what? His opinion has been noted. Now, how about the opinions of the people who are actually active in the field? The "Mystery" folks did not go out and get their opinions.

Again, I know the big bang and abiogenesis is lopped off. But where do you logically go after you get back to the "mother of all life forms"? Darwin said back to a single cell in the essoteric soup. So, logically, if there wasn't a "natural" beginning for darwin, whacha gunna do?

No. Logically, if we don't know, it means we don't know. Indeed, we need not have an explanation at all. Science is not a worldview philosphy that has to explain absolutely everything.

Even if people decided that it wasn't a scientific question any more, it would not affect any of the other science that you would like to be wrong.

Actually, I believe the work going on now, that Nature and Science wrote about is proving Dr. Brewer correct. In Nature the comparison moved us further away from chimps, and in Science ( but I linked to the researcher's page cuz I don't have a subsciption to Science.com ) we got moved closer to rats, mice, chickens, dogs and fish. I am positive of one thing: It will be thrilling to see more news come out as things are compared. I posted the National Center for Biotechnology Information website.

I am quite content to let the biologists sort this out. I am sure that creationists will have a lot of quotes to mine, and facts to misrepresent.

(lack of expertise)
No, I don't believe everyone can walk into a biochem lab and play with all the toys, but most could look over their shoulder and understand the findings, if they cared to.

There is enough popularized science literature out there to give nonscientists a view into the issues that are important in science today. There is a lot of popularized
anti-science out there too, of which creationist lliterature is only a part.

This reminds me of the "ignorant" being kept away from the "complexity" of Scripture. But, after Martin Luther got ahold of a Bible, things changed, the "enlightened" lost their strangle hold on truth.

That would be the same Martin Luther who said:

"What harm would it do, if a man told a good strong lie for the sake of the good and for the Christian church... a lie out of necessity, a useful lie, a helpful lie, such lies would not be against God, he would accept them."

--Martin Luther [1483 --- 1546]

From: (The Life and Letters of Martin Luther_, Preserved Smith,
Houghton Mifflin, Boston, 1911, p.381; also documented in
_Briefwechsel Landgraf Philipps des Grossmhuthigen von Hessen mit
Bucer_, Max Lenz, Leipzig, 1880, p.373)

I guess creationist literature is ok with God, then, no matter what it says.

(regarding ICR not producing any science)

And I think you are an "earthscientist" talking about chemical biology, but I don't discount your ideas, I don't agree with them, but then If I did our convo wouldn't be very interesting :)

I can state with confidence that all of the purported young-earth global flood related materials are, at best bad science, and at worst, not science at all. As to the other fields, I have to rely on others with expertise for those opinions.

Besides, this argument goes along with "they don't publish", "they don't hypothosize", "they don't have journals", " they don't have peer review", etc. All four have been found to be false, this argument as attested to by Dr. Brewer belies this argument as well.

There is no science of "scientific creationism". Indeed, in the entire existence of the scientiific creationist movement, there has not been a single scientific result that has come out of the movement. The generate a lot of paper---all of aimed at people like you. The creationist community does, in fact, sell creationist materials. The Kent Hovind's and the Ken Ham's have made a big business of selling their stuff to the credulous.

Mitochondria may be inherited from either parent, but they do not reproduce through the recombination of DNA from mitochondria of both parents. That's a big difference.

Dimo

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
Nineveh posted:

Except the part about him changing his mind.

Dimo:

So noone is allowed to change their mind?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Strat, Dimo, and john,

Thank you for replying :) I won't be home this weekend. So I will get replies to you Sunday evening :) Have a wonderful weekend :)

Dimo

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
Nineveh posted:

Thank you for replying.

Dimo:

Don't mention it.

Nineveh posted:

I won't be home this weekend. So I will get replies to you Sunday evening.

Dimo:

I anxiously await your well thought out replies.

Nineveh posted:

Have a wonderful weekend.

Dimo:

And you as well.

"May the four winds blow you safely home"

Robert Hunter

Dimo

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
Nineveh posted:

This reminds me of the "ignorant" being kept away from the "complexity" of Scripture. But, after Martin Luther got ahold of a Bible, things changed, the "enlightened" lost their strangle hold on truth.

Dimo:

Yes and now the not so "enlightened" believe that they have a strangle hold on the truth. Because they believe that knowledge that goes against thier traditionally devised understanding (this knowledge is often referred to as "wordliness"), is all a lie or half truth. Because these people are certain that they have the "whole" truth.

Flipper

Well, i'll reserve judgement until the detailed sequencing and comparisons are more complete. However, I wouldn't get too excited if I were you, Nineveh.

These questions are going to get largely resolved one way or another in the next ten to twenty years, I suspect. I'm pretty certain that creation science isn't going to be the 21st Century paradigm.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by Stratnerd

Oh I thought you were implying that something exterior to DNA formed DNA... are you switching tracks now and talking about what DNA does? Anywho, the coding of DNA results in different chemical reactions some of which happen to make more of itself and some less.. over time the DNA that is more successful at making more of itself will constitute a greater proportion of the biota. As far as I know this can occur totally by chance.. such as mutation and is something we can observe in a petri dish. I don't get this need to have an external element shoving things around.

We both believe "something exterior" formed the first cell. Either mother nature or God. The best men in lab coats can do is work with already functioning DNA.

but there was obvious physiological consequences and each time a rational person asks why things like genetic mutations exist we get "The Fall" obviously you are linking sin with genetic mutation.

It was the consequences of sin that "caused" the changes that have lead to the break downs we see today. Like I asked last time, if you are serious, I'll tell you what I know.

about the fall of man... I'm quite familiar with the story.

I hope so :)

sorry, but you were saying that you look at something and see evidence of supernatural creation... I'm asking how do you know from looking at it. If you don't get it from looking at it then you probably agree with me that creationism doesn't require any evidence.

I see a vast array of life, all around me. I see a vast universe surrounding the earth. We see the same things, but we have different beliefs on how it all got there.

if this is your idea of evolution you will never change your mind.

That's the long and short of evo, slow gradual change of one kind into another, is it not?

but I gave a very specific sequence and you said you see creation.

Yes, I see design in the fact that sequences holds information.

why? justify.

Because the apperances outside are seeming to mean little when compared with the instructions on the inside. I am hoping at some point we get to see comparisons between two humans or two chimps. It seems that would be a good place to start for base lines in comparisons between different kinds.

sure - all kinds.

Cool! Got links?

from what % to what % - this is what I was talking about before about distorting evidence. Is the decrease something like 97% to 50% or something that remotely makes it look like chimps are out as close relatives.

I think we started at 97% and we keep losing % as we go. Now we are down to about 94%? The more we learn the more likely it is it will go down lower.

No we didn't. The found out that we share certain elements with them - that doesn't make us closer to them. Closer is relative - so were more like those things than chimps. So were 99% dog? Don't think so - they were talking about a very specific area of our shared genome.

Exactly similar strands of DNA that somehow are coded to never be touched by mutation. Another marvel of mother nature, no doubt.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Dimo,

How do you determine what scriptures say?

I read it.

Is it not dependant on your own understanding?

I think it's pretty self explanitory.

Me: Except the part about him changing his mind.

Dimo: So noone is allowed to change their mind?

Not according to evos apparently. Dr. Kenyon had a 180. He was a leader in his field while an evo, it seems the evos now don't care to listen to him since he points to ID. : shrugs :

Yes and now the not so "enlightened" believe that they have a strangle hold on the truth. Because they believe that knowledge that goes against thier traditionally devised understanding (this knowledge is often referred to as "wordliness"), is all a lie or half truth. Because these people are certain that they have the "whole" truth.

Actually, I see the people who desire to get their thoughts out on creation or ID being squelched. ( Don't get me wrong, if the topic is anything other than actual origins their ideas are not usually pushed asside ).

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by Flipper

Well, i'll reserve judgement until the detailed sequencing and comparisons are more complete. However, I wouldn't get too excited if I were you, Nineveh.

Why on earth not?! The scientists are :)

These questions are going to get largely resolved one way or another in the next ten to twenty years, I suspect. I'm pretty certain that creation science isn't going to be the 21st Century paradigm.

The researcher comparing us to rats and mice didn't have the some optimistic attitude, but we will see :)

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by john2001

You should read the USGS report on St. Helens. It would give you an idea of real science looks like. Or, maybe not. Perhaps everything that ICR puts out is the "new New Testament" for you, and is inviolate.

Or, since this is your field, why not poke some holes in his arguments?

So what? His opinion has been noted. Now, how about the opinions of the people who are actually active in the field? The "Mystery" folks did not go out and get their opinions.

Kenyon was speaking from his field in Unlocking.

No. Logically, if we don't know, it means we don't know. Indeed, we need not have an explanation at all. Science is not a worldview philosphy that has to explain absolutely everything.

I agree, if we don't know, we don't know. But I will go one further, if we don't know, we should find out instead of making up stories.

Science can't explain everything, perhaps that's why you don't believe in the spiritual realm.

Even if people decided that it wasn't a scientific question any more, it would not affect any of the other science that you would like to be wrong.

Science isn't "wrong", it's a tool. Humans on the other hand have a great track record for being wrong, though :)

I am quite content to let the biologists sort this out. I am sure that creationists will have a lot of quotes to mine, and facts to misrepresent.

It appears you will ignore any biologist who doesn't fit into your view of reality. At least that's what I am getting from your attitude about Dr. Brewer, Dr. Kenyon, et al.

There is enough popularized science literature out there to give nonscientists a view into the issues that are important in science today. There is a lot of popularized
anti-science out there too, of which creationist lliterature is only a part.

I see a lot of story telling from the evo side. Like making feathers appear where they aren't, or different bones put together to make something that isn't. Personally, I'd rather just look over the scientist's shoulder at the evidence and leave off with the tale telling.

That would be the same Martin Luther who said:

Martin Luther broke the dominance of the RCC. Whatever else the man said or did will be on his own head, no? Anyway, do you often just pull a few lines from a totally different conversation to aid your point?

I guess creationist literature is ok with God, then, no matter what it says.

So far I haven't seen where ID has pulled a fraction of the stunts evo has in it's cause.

I can state with confidence that all of the purported young-earth global flood related materials are, at best bad science, and at worst, not science at all. As to the other fields, I have to rely on others with expertise for those opinions.

If I may inquire, does your degree have the word "evolution" in it?

There is no science of "scientific creationism". Indeed, in the entire existence of the scientiific creationist movement, there has not been a single scientific result that has come out of the movement. The generate a lot of paper---all of aimed at people like you. The creationist community does, in fact, sell creationist materials. The Kent Hovind's and the Ken Ham's have made a big business of selling their stuff to the credulous.

I keep hearing it, and keep posting Scientists from their field who hold to ID over evo. Instead of pointing to Hovind, why not listen to Kenyon and Brewer instead?

Mitochondria may be inherited from either parent, but they do not reproduce through the recombination of DNA from mitochondria of both parents. That's a big difference.

Anyway, you are welcome for the info. Obviously the folks who investigate this stuff think differently.

"Mitochondria may not be inherited solely through the maternal line, according to new research that promises to overturn accepted biological wisdom.

If confirmed by other researchers, the findings could have huge implications for evolutionary biology and biochemistry."

So, I guess we shall see what "suprises" await us in this area as well :)

Last edited:

Stratnerd

We both believe "something exterior" formed the first cell. Either mother nature or God. The best men in lab coats can do is work with already functioning DNA.
Here you go again.. plugging thoughts/words in for people... this time I'm down to begging... please stop. I don't believe in mother nature, Gaia, or anything of that nature. It is only the chemicals and physics involved that I consider important - nothing else.

It was the consequences of sin that "caused" the changes that have lead to the break downs we see today. Like I asked last time, if you are serious, I'll tell you what I know.
Do you see any ha ha's or smiley's? If creationists give it serious consideration then so do I since I want to know your positions. So... how does sin cause mutation?

I see a vast array of life, all around me. I see a vast universe surrounding the earth. We see the same things, but we have different beliefs on how it all got there.
that of course, has nothing to do with the question. To state a fourth time, when given a specific sequence, how do you know it was poofed via supernatural creation or is do to common descent. YOU are the one that said you saw God in some sequences - I want to know how.

That's the long and short of evo, slow gradual change of one kind into another, is it not?
you weren't presenting something slow and gradual were you? Wan't it something ABSURD like a bird hatching from a lizard?

Yes, I see design in the fact that sequences holds information.
what about sequences that hold no information?

Cool! Got links?
not now but I would do a google search too.
I think we started at 97% and we keep losing % as we go. Now we are down to about 94%? The more we learn the more likely it is it will go down lower.
HOLY SMOKES 94%!!!! Man that's huge.... gimme a break. And that's only from a different sample.. I don't the difference in the overall genome is even that large. But still is SIX percent difference supposed to be "huge"?

Exactly similar strands of DNA that somehow are coded to never be touched by mutation. Another marvel of mother nature, no doubt.
My guess is that they are "touched" by mutation but we never see it because those that have the mutation die.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by Stratnerd

Here you go again.. plugging thoughts/words in for people... this time I'm down to begging... please stop. I don't believe in mother nature, Gaia, or anything of that nature. It is only the chemicals and physics involved that I consider important - nothing else.

Really now.

You know that is what I mean by the term "mother" nature.

Do you see any ha ha's or smiley's? If creationists give it serious consideration then so do I since I want to know your positions. So... how does sin cause mutation?

Don't be rude. I just wanted to be sure this was something you seriously wanted to get into. ( I don't know what ID or creationists think about this topic ) But, I don't recall ever saying or reading mutations are caused from sin. Please point out to me where I said that, I need to change it, cus I don't believe that "sin cause mutation".

Some mutations are beneficial (like turning off the eye making DNA in blind cave fish), some neutral, and some bad. Most fall into the first two catagories (the way things work best). The last kind don't work very well or are deadly.

If sin has anything to do at all with mutations, it is the last kind. And only as an effect/ramification/natural outcome of that sin. Sin = death. God = life. God designed things to work and they were "good". We sinned, and things were no longer "good".

Have you considered what effect being removed from the Tree of Life migh have in this realm of ideas?

that of course, has nothing to do with the question. To state a fourth time, when given a specific sequence, how do you know it was poofed via supernatural creation or is do to common descent. YOU are the one that said you saw God in some sequences - I want to know how.

Look, either you believe God did it with intelligence or you believe "mother" nature did it. I see code and think programmer. Sorry, it's just logical to me. Really, it is that simple.

you weren't presenting something slow and gradual were you? Wan't it something ABSURD like a bird hatching from a lizard?

Hey, that was a theory there for a while, and I had nothing to do with it :)

So anyway, that's evo. You want birds to come from dinos while I believe only blind cave fish can come from fish.

what about sequences that hold no information?

I'm currious, how do we know it doesn't? Didn't we once assume some DNA to be junk as well?

How is "adding up" DNA sequences that hold no information proof of darwin's adding up all that are good?

not now but I would do a google search too.
HOLY SMOKES 94%!!!! Man that's huge.... gimme a break. And that's only from a different sample.. I don't the difference in the overall genome is even that large. But still is SIX percent difference supposed to be "huge"?

"Chromosome 22 makes up only 1% of the genome, so in total there could be thousands of genes that significantly differ between humans and chimps, says Jean Weissenbach from France's National Sequencing Centre in Evry. This could make it much harder than scientists had hoped to find the key changes that made us human." - Nature

My guess is that they are "touched" by mutation but we never see it because those that have the mutation die.

Well, It seems to me God mighta wanted it that way for a reason so wrote that into the code. Either that or "mother" nature is a really fine planner. Anyway it will be interesting to see what these parts actually regulate :)

aharvey

Re: Re: Credentials vs. credibility

Re: Re: Credentials vs. credibility

Nope :) Isn't there a list of his writting on his page?

Huh? I looked through his list of publications, and none seemed to involve creationism. To what "writting" are you referring?

No, if you would like to talk to me fine, if not fine.

Huh? How on earth does this comment relate to my asking you to think about one of the key claims in Brewer's paper?

john2001

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod

Or, since this is your field, why not poke some holes in his arguments?

Which arguments would you like me to comment on?

Kenyon was speaking from his field in Unlocking.

Basically Kenyon was speaking against his own work. He did not address the work of others. Indeed, if that Mystery program was supposed to be informative, why didn't they interview the leading people in the fields they were discussing?

I agree, if we don't know, we don't know. But I will go one further, if we don't know, we should find out instead of making up stories.

Science is about finding out. That is what the people you call "evolutionists" are doing.

Science can't explain everything, perhaps that's why you don't believe in the spiritual realm.

We are talking about science, here. Not what I may believe or not believe. Basically science operates in a restricted domain. We can only study scientifically those things that we observe/measure, that we can then communicate clearly to other scientists, and finally that we have some way of comprehending with our intellects.

Anything that fails any of these three critera fails to be science.

So, as far as the "spiritual realm" is concerned, this is not something that science can evaluate. I know of know experiment that can establish the existence of a spiritual realm, nor of any clear communication regarding exactly what the qualities of the spirit realm are, and finally I know of know intelligible theory describing or explaining just what the "spiritual realm" is.

I, personally have never experienced anything that I would call the "spirit realm". Indeed, it seems to be something more in the nature of a mythos, than anything that is real.

So, I personally see no particular reason to believe in it

It appears you will ignore any biologist who doesn't fit into your view of reality. At least that's what I am getting from your attitude about Dr. Brewer, Dr. Kenyon, et al.

Kenyon is a has-been. He is not a leader in his field anymore. His opinions are not in tune with the opinions of the current leaders in the field.

Brewer seems to be a decent scientist. I have no problems with his research. As to his little publication on the ICR page, I see this as an example of his *religious* beliefs not his scientific opinions on the subject of evolution. He certainly is free to publish papers on the failure of microorganisms to conform to a simple tree of phylogeny.

It is up to the biologists to fight it out, and determine what the next great theory of the origin of species will be. So far, it seems that it will be an "evolution" type theory, even if the radical were to happen, and some sort of ID-mechanism were adopted.

I see a lot of story telling from the evo side. Like making feathers appear where they aren't, or different bones put together to make something that isn't. Personally, I'd rather just look over the scientist's shoulder at the evidence and leave off with the tale telling.

In any field of science you will find that there is a natural language in which the results are orgainized and the theories are communicated. In the field of biology, that language consists of generalizations of collections of representative datasets. The prevailing method for organizing those representative datasets for morphology is cladistics.

Without having a detailed grasp of taxonomy, with its extension, cladistics, you cannot truly say what consists of "storytelling" and what does not. Certainly, what is told to the public sounds like "story telling".

Now, the majority of criticisms from the creationist and ID communities are in fact, criticisms of this public communication.

Martin Luther broke the dominance of the RCC. Whatever else the man said or did will be on his own head, no? Anyway, do you often just pull a few lines from a totally different conversation to aid your point?

You brought up Martin Luther. Not me.

As to quote mining, the totality of so-called "creation science" consists of out-of-context quotes and one-liners. I assumed that you found the practise acceptable, and was merely doing what the creationist camp does.

If you find this frustrating, consider the poor science teacher who has to deal with some smart-*** kid in his or her class firing out one-liners from some creation tract.

So far I haven't seen where ID has pulled a fraction of the stunts evo has in it's cause.

The ID movement is, so far, a political movement out of the Discovery institute. So far it is all stunts.

I keep hearing it, and keep posting Scientists from their field who hold to ID over evo. Instead of pointing to Hovind, why not listen to Kenyon and Brewer instead?

Ok. Its a short list. Neither Kenyon nor Brewer is discussing the majority of the theory of evolution. Kenyon is not disucussing evolution at all, only abiogenesis. Brewer is discussing microorganisms--prokaryotes in particular. Yet, it is to be inferred from their presentations that their comments are somehow fatal to the general notions of evolution in biology, which is simply not true.

Anyway, you are welcome for the info. Obviously the folks who investigate this stuff think differently.

"Mitochondria may not be inherited solely through the maternal line, according to new research that promises to overturn accepted biological wisdom.

If confirmed by other researchers, the findings could have huge implications for evolutionary biology and biochemistry."

So, I guess we shall see what "suprises" await us in this area as well :)

The conventional wisdom regarding mitochondria which was assumed in the "Eve" study a few years ago was that mitochondria came only from the maternal line.

The mitochondria do *not* reproduce sexually, as does the nuclear DNA. They reproduce asexually, by division. There is little or no exchange of DNA between the mitochondria of the two parents. You get your mitochondria from either parent, but most commonly from the maternal side.

The fact that the mitochondrian reproduces much as a bacterium does makes it the idea clock for determining descent.The point is that the mitochondria are the ideal clocks for studying the relatedness of organisms. The nuclear DNA is the clock for sexual-reproduction related variation, which si what the Nature article is about.

Last edited:

Stratnerd

You know that is what I mean by the term "mother" nature.
then you shouldn't have used the term external then. Better yet, better to drop the term Mother Nature altogether with all its baggage.

But, I don't recall ever saying or reading mutations are caused from sin. Please point out to me where I said that, I need to change it, cus I don't believe that "sin cause mutation".
I thought you were implying that all was fine before the fall.

If sin has anything to do at all with mutations, it is the last kind. And only as an effect/ramification/natural outcome of that sin. Sin = death. God = life. God designed things to work and they were "good". We sinned, and things were no longer "good".
So is there a connection or not. Sure as heck sounds like you are saying that sin -> mutation. the question is how?

Have you considered what effect being removed from the Tree of Life migh have in this realm of ideas?
And not trust human rationality and start believing things that make no sense... uh why would I do that?

Look, either you believe God did it with intelligence or you believe "mother" nature did it. I see code and think programmer. Sorry, it's just logical to me. Really, it is that simple.
I'll take that as "I have no idea". I asked you a specific and you keep returning a generality. However, we know some sequences must be due to common descent - between you and your relatives. There's no programmer necessary to explain why it is shared.

Hey, that was a theory there for a while, and I had nothing to do with it
nice.. hopeful monsters??? sorry but your scenario is bogus under any theory.

So anyway, that's evo. You want birds to come from dinos while I believe only blind cave fish can come from fish.
I don't want anything... I go where the evidence leads.

I'm currious, how do we know it doesn't? Didn't we once assume some DNA to be junk as well?
because we can let them mutate sans effects... that's why we suspect those sequences that are shared among many taxa are important. The inference goes both ways.

How is "adding up" DNA sequences that hold no information proof of darwin's adding up all that are good?
huh?

"Chromosome 22 makes up only 1% of the genome, so in total there could be thousands of genes that significantly differ between humans and chimps, says Jean Weissenbach from France's National Sequencing Centre in Evry. This could make it much harder than scientists had hoped to find the key changes that made us human." - Nature
the mean of means is the mean. So we expect some wobble but my guess is that the average will settle in to where it is about now. So you're hoping it drops to what? Still you haven't answered why 94% presents a huge difference?

Well, It seems to me God mighta wanted it that way for a reason so wrote that into the code. Either that or "mother" nature is a really fine planner. Anyway it will be interesting to see what these parts actually regulate
considering all the organisms that have gone extinct or or born with mutation or die before born... I wouldn't go bragg'n about anybody's handiwork.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Re: Re: Re: Credentials vs. credibility

Re: Re: Re: Credentials vs. credibility

Originally posted by aharvey

Huh? I looked through his list of publications, and none seemed to involve creationism. To what "writting" are you referring?

I was refering to all of his writing.

Huh? How on earth does this comment relate to my asking you to think about one of the key claims in Brewer's paper?

If you can't be civil, let's not talk.