Christian Man Fired From $60K Job for Sharing 'Audacity' Film With Lesbian Co-Workers

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Out of curiosity, should the NFL suspend a player for beating his wife on his own time?

yes, because again, (you must not have read my earlier post) MOST employers have clauses about breaking the law.

Its no longer against the law to beat your wife?

shagster01

yes, because again, (you must not have read my earlier post)...

I did read your post and asked this question to dialogos. But feel free to pretend like I'm asking you again.

...MOST employers have clauses about breaking the law.

But dialogos said that the company needs to stay out of personal affairs.

Its no longer against the law to beat your wife?

Irrelevant to the question I asked dialogos.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I did read your post and asked this question to dialogos. But feel free to pretend like I'm asking you again.

But dialogos said that the company needs to stay out of personal affairs.

Irrelevant to the question I asked dialogos.

Your question to him is irrelevant to what he was referencing which is the op, and freedom of speech, a psychopath breaking the law, has nothing to do with it.

Dialogos

Out of curiosity, should the NFL suspend a player for beating his wife on his own time?
Seriously?

Did that question seem relevant to this discussion when you typed it?

There are at least three HUGE problems with your really bad attempt at arguing from analogy here.

1. The NFL doesn't employ the player the club does.
2. The NFL player signed a contract that likely specifies that any criminal actions will result in suspension.
3. And perhaps the most important. Beating one's wife on one's own time is not a constitutionally protected right, its a crime.

:duh:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Title VII Civil Rights Act of 1964 provides general rules for all private workplaces employing fifteen or more people. It stipulates that a company that allows employees to engage in non-work related conversations, such as those about politics, family, sports or other such topics, may not prohibit voluntary religious discussions between employees either.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Because of course the lesbians cant just say, im not interested.

Why should they have to put up with being harassed by a coworker who disapproves of their sexual orientation?

Welcome to new gay order. Anyone who doesn't agree will not be allowed to work.

gay-nazi-flag.jpg
Do you have any idea how offensive it is (and illogical) to equate gays and lesbians with the Nazis who wiped out over 6 million people, including homosexuals?

Do you even care?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Why should they have to put up with being harassed by a coworker who disapproves of their sexual orientation?

Do you have any idea how offensive it is (and illogical) to equate gays and lesbians with the Nazis who wiped out over 6 million people, including homosexuals?

Do you even care?

It isnt harrassment to talk to them about it, untill that person says they arent interested, and THEN you continue with THEM.

That isnt what happened. See the law about it.

As far as your last out of left field rant, that isnt what happened here. Why would i care about something you made up on the spot that didnt happen?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
It isnt harrassment to talk to them about it, untill that person says they arent interested, and THEN you continue with THEM.

As far as your last out of left field rant, that isnt what happened here. Why would i care about something you made up on the spot that didnt happen?

Sorry, I don't rant. That's your area of expertise.

Arthur Brain

Seriously Angel, if you can't see how pathetic it is to have a rainbow with a swastika then there's no chance of having a rational conversation.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Back to the point - its not harrassment in the workplace to share your faith anymore than its harrassment to tell someone about your family.

Title VII Civil Rights Act of 1964 provides general rules for all private workplaces employing fifteen or more people. It stipulates that a company that allows employees to engage in non-work related conversations, such as those about politics, family, sports or other such topics, may not prohibit voluntary religious discussions between employees either.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Back to the point - its not harrassment in the workplace to share your faith anymore than its harrassment to tell someone about your family.

No comparison between the two. Sharing his faith includes a condemnation of their lifestyle and their belief system and that's not acceptable in the workplace - and it's not acceptable anywhere that someone doesn't want to hear it.

And back to the point:

That really offensive rainbow swastika flag in your OP.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
No comparison between the two. Sharing his faith includes a condemnation of their lifestyle and their belief system and that's not acceptable in the workplace - and it's not acceptable anywhere that someone doesn't want to hear it.

You are right, about only one thing there, they (each individual in question) need to express they dont want to hear it, and then it has to keep happening AFTER the person has said no, that didnt happen here.

He will win this case if its as stated in the op.

Their belief system, should be acceptable, if they are allowed to discuss their own family - untill someone tells them they dont want to hear it or arent interested.

What YOU qualify as a relevant belief system doesnt mean a hill of beans in this.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I'm pretty sure the steel company wasn't paying him to evangelize, and even from the biased CP article it's clear that after he was warned by management to stop showing his gay co-workers an anti-gay movie, he kept doing so. So they fired him.

IOW, he was told not to do something, did it, and is now trying to play the victim.

he didn't show the movie, he suggested it. she already friended him on FB. this just sounds like a group of other disgruntled employees (maybe even management) were looking for reasons and blew this out of proportion. then again, "sharing" you faith has work-place limits, kind of unwritten rules, just keep to yourself unless you are sought for spiritual advice. common sense, the guy sounds possibly a tad weird. POSSIBLY i said

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

And back to the point:

That really offensive rainbow swastika flag in your OP.

Too bad. If you are offended, get over it. What happened to this man is pure fascism. Sue me if you dont like my op. See where that gets you.

shagster01

Seriously?

Did that question seem relevant to this discussion when you typed it?

There are at least three HUGE problems with your really bad attempt at arguing from analogy here.

1. The NFL doesn't employ the player the club does.

But both the NFL and clubs can suspend players for things off the field.

2. The NFL player signed a contract that likely specifies that any criminal actions will result in suspension.

They suspend players often times even if they aren't charged or found guilty.

3. And perhaps the most important. Beating one's wife on one's own time is not a constitutionally protected right, its a crime.

:duh:

Is sending private Facebook messages constiutionally protected?