Christian Man Fired From $60K Job for Sharing 'Audacity' Film With Lesbian Co-Workers

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I stand by a companies right to fire anyone, for any reason, at any time.

Employees work for a company at their pleasure.

Jose Fly

And seriously, what kind of clueless dolt actually thinks showing gay people a Ray Comfort movie is going to do anything except make them angry? I mean, have you watched those things? If someone sent them to me, I'd be ticked off just because they're soooooooo stupid.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I'm pretty sure the steel company wasn't paying him to evangelize, and even from the biased CP article it's clear that after he was warned by management to stop showing his gay co-workers an anti-gay movie, he kept doing so. So they fired him.

IOW, he was told not to do something, did it, and is now trying to play the victim.

Youre retarded and didnt read the article, he got into trouble for what he did on his own time, in his own home on his off day to start with.

They have no right to his personal time, off time, break time, etc..

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
So if I was your coworker and I tried to a share a video with you about how Christianity is an abomination ON COMPANY TIME like he did with the second woman, you wouldn't go complain to your boss?

Nope, unless you continued to do it over and over after i told you no thanks, im not interested. Then that crosses into actually being harassed.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
It's interesting to me because of how something done on private time became something the employer addressed.

And while he wasn't disciplined for it, their response makes it sound to me like he would have been disciplined had he done something on FB again. That interpretation could be wrong of course.

Correct interpretation, some people dont read the articles before they comment.

Jose Fly

Youre retarded

Oh, the irony. :chuckle:

he got into trouble for what he did on his own time, in his own home on his off day to start with.

Like several people here have noted, some companies have policies about what you post on FB (if you identify them as your employer on your profile).

But even then, let's say this guy was threatening her over FB. You don't think the company should be able to even call him into the office and tell him to cut it out?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
A day after being called into the office, Routson said that another lesbian worker was hired to work in the facility. Just as he shared his faith with all of his other co-workers, Routson felt compelled to share his faith with the new lesbian worker.

Could be that he's done this over and over again.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
The Facebook one was not work related, but he also wasn't disciplined for it. He was told to stop, but nothing was necessarily enforced. He was disciplined (fired) for the one he did on company time. I see no problem with that.

He was disciplined, because he didn't stop, after being told to stop, even on his own time - the warning came from what he did on his own time - he was told not to do it again. Period, he did it again and was fired.

10 to one, unless there are other facts involved here, he will win a lawsuit. Others have won similar suits.

shagster01

He was disciplined, because he didn't stop, after being told to stop, even on his own time - the warning came from what he did on his own time - he was told not to do it again. Period, he did it again and was fired.

10 to one, unless there are other facts involved here, he will win a lawsuit. Others have won similar suits.

Yet I bet you support a company's right to fire someone who smokes pot "on their own time."

Oh, the hypocrisy.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Yet I bet you support a company's right to fire someone who smokes pot "on their own time."

Oh, the hypocrisy.

Yes, if you had to drug test for the job you have. In other words you know up front that its not acceptable to be in your system at work.

Other than that, no, because i believe what someone does on their own time is their own business provided they didnt agree to certain things about their own time as a condition of employment.

(pot is illegal in most places, disobeying the law is a violation of most conditions of employment)

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Christian Man Fired From $60K Job for Sharing 'Audacity' Film With Lesbian Co-Workers on Facebook

Because of course the lesbians cant just say, im not interested.

Welcome to new gay order. Anyone who doesn't agree will not be allowed to work.

gay-nazi-flag.jpg
Since America and most of the rest of the world seems to be on a one-track mind to grant liberty and justice, human dignity, and inclusion for all, this does not surprise me.

We have a political climate of being too whiny and feeling "wronged."

And this naturally leads to treating others with zero sensitivity. All stripes of ideology are guilty of this and it has to stop. Some favorite stand-up comics will no longer perform at colleges these days because of "language police." And many nonbelievers I know personally are afraid to stand up and be honest about their beliefs when around Christians.

We are becoming too afraid.

shagster01

Yes, if you had to drug test for the job you have. In other words you know up front that its not acceptable to be in your system at work.

Other than that, no, because i believe what someone does on their own time is their own business provided they didnt agree to certain things about their own time as a condition of employment.

(pot is illegal in most places, disobeying the law is a violation of most conditions of employment)

So if a non-evangelism policy was in a signed handbook, his firing would be justified?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
So if a non-evangelism policy was in a signed handbook, his firing would be justified?

Provided he willingly agreed to it as condition of employment, yes. (not they added it later and he never signed off on it and or it doesnt violate the law)

In other words, he agreed not to even evangalize on his own time.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I stand by a companies right to fire anyone, for any reason, at any time.

Employees work for a company at their pleasure.

I agree, and believe thats how it should be but unfortunately that isnt the way it is, so under what we have they should all be represented fairly under what we have.

In other words, a law shouldnt be benefitting only some employees but not others.

Dialogos

Like several people here have noted, some companies have policies about what you post on FB (if you identify them as your employer on your profile).
Well that settles it then, right?

An employer makes a policy and that settles the question about what one can and cannot due on their own time.

When did the company handbook start to trump the constitution?

JoseFly said:
But even then, let's say this guy was threatening her over FB. You don't think the company should be able to even call him into the office and tell him to cut it out?
[/quote]
I think the company should but right out of what people are doing on their own time.

If someone is being threatened then they can call the police. The company is not some private oligarchy that can trample the first amendment rights of individuals.

shagster01

Well that settles it then, right?

An employer makes a policy and that settles the question about what one can and cannot due on their own time.

When did the company handbook start to trump the constitution?

I think the company should but right out of what people are doing on their own time.

If someone is being threatened then they can call the police. The company is not some private oligarchy that can trample the first amendment rights of individuals.

Out of curiosity, should the NFL suspend a player for beating his wife on his own time?