Christian Kids in the Public School

Nomad

Yes, it is. Christian parents allow an aggressively anti-Christian institution to form the minds of their children, and the fruit of that choice is bitter. The overwhelming majority of children from evangelical families leave the church within two years after they graduate from high school; only 9% of evangelical teens believe that there is any such thing as absolute moral truth; and, our children are being forcibly indoctrinated to believe that homosexual behavior is acceptable.

Jesus said in Matthew 6:33, "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness..." He did not say, "But seek first public education and humanistic paganism!"

Kmo has a point when he talks about good parenting overcoming what the public schools teach. And if I'm not mistaken, a major bone of contention for you is the teaching of evolutionary theory, which, at least for me, occured for a few weeks in the 8th and 10th grade. If you do not think that parents can overcome that, you give them, and yourself too little credit.

My school had nothing on acceptance of homosexual behavior, for your information.

You insinuate that home school kids are less likely to leave the faith after high school than public schools, and this may be true. If it is however, I believe, as I did in this post that factors other than where they attend school are at stake

Children can go to a public school and still seek first the Kingdom of God. Frankly, your insistence that they don't is the most insulting and saddening I've yet read on this forum. It is unfortunate that you, and many others, have had bad experiences in the public school system, but I believe what has happened since then is called the fallacy of false composition, wherein you have taken an instance of the part and applied it to the whole, incorrectly.

The home schoolers case has been to claim that all public schools are evil, vile places that send children to the pits of hell (though perhaps I don't do the justice), mine has been to claim that not all of them are that way. Merely given that sentence most people would be able to recognize who is correct.

Joe Roberts

BANNED
Banned
I know that there is much controversy surrounding this topic, but I would like to hear from some people if they believe Christian kids should be educated in the public school?

There is no such thing as Christian kids, only children of Christian parents.

Nomad

apparently that's true in the public schools....

Joe, try not to set off another powder keg in this one, ok? :chuckle: things are still toasty from PK :box: PJ

Joe Roberts

BANNED
Banned
I've been following this thread....the reason its got 30+ pages is thanks in large part to a hefty and inconsequential bout between PastorKevin and ParsonJefferson

I have no part in that. I just saw that the Title of this thread was incorrect.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian suggests:
Well, that sounds like a testable assertion. Let's see the evidence for that. And it's a breathtakingly awful accusation. I hope you have something to back it up. Be sure to document any facts.

Are you saying you need facts to prove that the public school hates Jesus Christ?

I certainly would not make an accusation that serious with nothing to back it up. It's something God definitely hates.

Open your eyes for starters.

Sorry. I don't have any evidence for that. I gather you have nothing either, since you declined to present anything.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why not just be man enough to apologize for accusing me of teaching my kids to roll joints and put on condoms?

Why not just be man enough to admit that it was a sick, creepy, stupid and completely anti-Christian thing to do?

Don't do the pansy little "I'm sorry you were offended." Why not just openly admit to, and apologize for, your sick and demented accusation. THAT would be a Christian thing to do - and exactly what your are obviously incapable of.

Go back to Jesus Camp.
Jesus Camp? What, is that some kind of inside joke?

I won't apologize for anything I've said because I haven't said anything wrong.

I will repeat that I'm sorry you were offended because your meltdown has been truly pathetic and painful to watch. :baby:

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is a good result, to you? :squint:
Yes, the wisdom of this is easy to miss. But God would rather, if they are not for Him, to be clearly against Him. It's a principle that applies not only to one's overall belief, but to any particular issue as well.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Think about it...

These idiots can say whatever creepy thing they can, and will, say about ME. But leave my kids out of it!

You want a battle royale? Attack my kids.

You didn't see me asking Yorzhik if his daughter was a prostitute, did you?
For as much as I accused your kids of knowing how to roll a joint to put on a condom, you accused my daughter of being a slut, if not a prostitute. But in all honesty, since you don't know my daughter, it only showed what an arrogant, mean-spirited, hateful, hypocrite you are.

Now, I'll admit that I've read only about 95% of the posts in this thread. Did you actually say somewhere that your kids (the ones who are not adults) don't know how to roll a joint or put on a condom? I know you certainly didn't say it to me.

ParsonJefferson

BANNED
Banned
For as much as I accused your kids of knowing how to roll a joint to put on a condom, you accused my daughter of being a slut, if not a prostitute. But in all honesty, since you don't know my daughter, it only showed what an arrogant, mean-spirited, hateful, hypocrite you are.

Now, I'll admit that I've read only about 95% of the posts in this thread. Did you actually say somewhere that your kids (the ones who are not adults) don't know how to roll a joint or put on a condom? I know you certainly didn't say it to me.
What are you babbling about now, Reverend Phelps?

You've exposed yourself as another creepy, nasty, vile hater. Don't you have a cemetery, or funeral of a soldier, that you need to go protest?

JustinFoldsFive

Yorzhik said:
Did you actually say somewhere that your kids (the ones who are not adults) don't know how to roll a joint or put on a condom?

To bo honest, I don't know how to roll a joint...though it sounds pretty self-descriptive. I prefer beer. :cheers:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Based on what he has written here, it is EASY to believe that he'd be one of the leaders.
First off, I wouldn't necessarily agree that what he has written in this thread makes him look like them. Secondly, you shouldn't base your decision on only this thread. Maybe you'd like to know that Yorzhik doesn't believe in tongues or anything like that.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Based on what he has written here, it is EASY to believe that he'd be one of the leaders.
That's enough of that, ParsonJefferson. If you had read Yorzhik's posts on any thread but this one, you'd never have said that, whether you agree with his theology or not. Right now, you're intentionally provoking him. Let it alone.

ParsonJefferson

BANNED
Banned
That's enough of that, ParsonJefferson. If you had read Yorzhik's posts on any thread but this one, you'd never have said that, whether you agree with his theology or not. Right now, you're intentionally provoking him. Let it alone.
The guy is a puke that accused me of teaching my kids to roll joints and put on condoms.

The fact that he's a homeschooler does not mean that you need to defend his evil behavior.