Christian Kids in the Public School

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I think you are underestimating what parents can do.

Exactly. Kids make a big deal of acting like their parents are clueless. But in study after study, the finding shows that even teenagers tend to have the same values and assumptions as their parents.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
It's good to be arrogant when you know you're right, but you are just foolishly defending a system that hates your Savior.

Well, that sounds like a testable assertion. Let's see the evidence for that. And it's a breathtakingly awful accusation. I hope you have something to back it up. Be sure to document any facts.

Here are some quotes from Adolph Hitler:

"Let me control the textbooks and I will control the state."

"Tell a lie loud enough and long enough and people will believe it."

I've heard that before. But I can't find documentation. Can you show me yours?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Yes, it is. Christian parents allow an aggressively anti-Christian institution to form the minds of their children, and the fruit of that choice is bitter. The overwhelming majority of children from evangelical families leave the church within two years after they graduate from high school; only 9% of evangelical teens believe that there is any such thing as absolute moral truth; and, our children are being forcibly indoctrinated to believe that homosexual behavior is acceptable.

Jesus said in Matthew 6:33, "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness..." He did not say, "But seek first public education and humanistic paganism!"
So now you think someone who uses public school can't seek the kingdom of God? :squint: Do you believe that someone who sends their kids to public school aren't "real Christians"?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
As a pastor, PJ should know better - at least know what the Bible teaches on the matter of judging. Is that so much to ask?
Has PJ talked about what he believes about judging?
But that isn't why I asked you that question. Assuming PJ has been hypocritical, I want to know why you find it funny.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
If you want your kids to be nonracist, nonsexist, not homophobic and likely to have, homosexual relations during puberty then send then to public school. If you want then to read well and know what the classics are, send them somewhere else. I good British boarding school is still in good form.

Last edited:

DXPose

BANNED
Banned
Public schools...?

Aren't those the places where God isn't allowed to be mentioned and kids can't pray and they teach kids that we evolved from monkeys and girls are consistently harrassed and sexually propositioned? And I think I remember most kids (even the ones calling themselves "Christian") Smoking pot and having sex in the bathrooms and stairways. And if I'm not mistaken, it's mandated in most schools that sex-ed teachers encourage kids to test out homosexuality and they pass out condoms and some of the teachers even give the kids some "hands on" practice of their own.

So what's the debate here? Someone is saying we should send our kids into the lion's den to preach the gospel? Sounds like someone is trying to justify having a BMW in the driveway instead of having a parent stay home to teach their child in a loving home alongside friends and family.

YOU NAILED IT! :thumb:

I'm still waiting for the Biblical justification for Christian parents to be sending their children to a PAGAN Seminary to be educated. And don't give me the "salt-n-light" crap!

DXPose

BANNED
Banned
You're dodging the questions, aren't you?

YOU are a NASTY JERK that accused me of teaching my kids to roll joints and put on condoms.

You might as well admit it. It's there for everyone to see.

Yes indeed, how very CHRISTIAN of you.

From my observation of PJ's unjustified nasty attitude, I would venture to say that his kids are probably better off being taught by godless heathens.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
YOU NAILED IT! :thumb:

I'm still waiting for the Biblical justification for Christian parents to be sending their children to a PAGAN Seminary to be educated. And don't give me the "salt-n-light" crap!
Have you provided biblical justification for saying Christian parents should homeschool?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
From my observation of PJ's unjustified nasty attitude, I would venture to say that his kids are probably better off being taught by godless heathens.
Inflammatory comments like this won't help the situation. :down:

DXPose

BANNED
Banned
You got caught trying to slander public schools. That is all.

Well, that sure isn't hard to do considering that there isn't anything nice or Christian about government schools.

"The battle for humankind's future must be waged and won in the public school classroom by teachers who correctly perceive their role as the proselytizers of a new faith: A religion of humanity -- utilizing a classroom instead of a pulpit to carry humanist values into wherever they teach. The classroom must and will become an arena of conflict between the old and the new -- the rotting corpse of Christianity, together with its adjacent evils and misery, and the new faith of humanism." - John J. Dunphy, The Humanist 1983

DXPose

BANNED
Banned
Has PJ talked about what he believes about judging?
But that isn't why I asked you that question. Assuming PJ has been hypocritical, I want to know why you find it funny.

Because his comments are laughable and my three year old seems more qualified to be a pastor than him.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Because his comments are laughable and my three year old seems more qualified to be a pastor than him.
So you find hypocrisy "laughable"? Why? I thought hypocrisy was a bad thing. :idunno:

And again, imflammatory comments will only make things worse. :down:

DXPose

BANNED
Banned
Well, that sounds like a testable assertion. Let's see the evidence for that. And it's a breathtakingly awful accusation. I hope you have something to back it up. Be sure to document any facts.

Are you saying you need facts to prove that the public school hates Jesus Christ? Open your eyes for starters.

Nomad

DXPose, I was hoping you saw the post below:

When asked if Christian kids in a public school can be as 'morally intelligent' as ones in home schools bu JustinFoldsFive, you replied with this, my reply after:

NO! The Public schools are run by FOOLS and swarming with reprobate delinquents.

Proverbs 13:20 - "He who walks with wise men becomes wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm."

Luke 6:40 - “A student is not above his teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like his teacher.”

1 Corinthians 15:33 - “Do not be deceived: Bad company corrupts good morals.”

This post is saddening to me, and insulting to many more.

1 Corinthians 15:33 - “Do not be deceived: Bad company corrupts good morals.”

Indeed it does. But what exactly is company? If you go to a restaurant filled with atheists, do they become your company and corrupt you? No, this is silly. Plenty of God-less people can be around you, but it does not give them any influence over you; any chance to corrupt you. It is when you let 'bad company' have influence on you when it corrupts your morals; morals do not travel by osmosis. A kid can choose the right company in a public school and keep good morals. There were many people in my high school that I did not associate with because I did not see eye to eye with them morally. Those I did associate with generally held the same moral principles as I did.

The same extrapolation can be made for the Proverbs verse, where a stronger word, companion, is used.

Luke 6:37-42:

37 “Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. 38 Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.”
39 And He spoke a parable to them: “Can the blind lead the blind? Will they not both fall into the ditch? 40 A disciple is not above his teacher, but everyone who is perfectly trained will be like his teacher. 41 And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not perceive the plank in your own eye? 42 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Brother, let me remove the speck that is in your eye,’ when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck that is in your brother’s eye.

DXpose you judged all the Christian kids in this nation that attend public schools as being less morally intelligent than those that attend public schools. If a disciple is not above his teacher, and if my parents are my teachers, as you firmly believe, what is to become of me should they send me to a public school?

Please stop from passing unwarrented and erroneous judgements on the entirety of Christian kids who attend public schools.

Nomad

I think you are underestimating what parents can do.

Inflammatory comments like this won't help the situation. :down:

Obviously. Since you apparently think no one can exert more influence than the public schools.

So you find hypocrisy "laughable"? Why? I thought hypocrisy was a bad thing. :idunno:

And again, imflammatory comments will only make things worse. :down:

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Kmoney again :thumb:

Nomad

Well that's NOT judgmental at all. :doh:

Watch out for your own hypocrisy, PJ - Jesus warned about that...you know, in the Bible. Are you really even a pastor? Sheesh! :rotfl:

I posted contextualized verses of verses you posted having to do with the same subject, worth a look :thumb: