Christian Kids in the Public School

Layla

I think this is at the heart of PJ's derision towards homeschoolers. Maybe he will elaborate more for us, so we can understand why his preconceived notion against homeschooling is so negative.

I don't think he actually is negative on homeschool, I think he's just being overly defensive because so many people are slating public school, which comes off to him as a personal insult given that he chooses to put his kids there.

zoo22

I don't think he actually is negative on homeschool, I think he's just being overly defensive because so many people are slating public school, which comes off to him as a personal insult given that he chooses to put his kids there.

I see more than that ... Besides having his kids in public schools, he involves himself in the schools as a contributing part of the community, and knows that it's important for parents to be involved in public schools. And he knows how they can be great and how much of an impact that one can have by participating and being involved in a positive way.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
And to answer a question asked earlier by kmoney, when I graduated from high school (in 2001), 46% of my fellow graduates were illiterate.
How do you know that (I'm not doubting it, just curious)
And, why do you think that was?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
On average, this may be true. But let's not be too quick to make broad generalizations, (i.e. homeschool kids are more intelligent than public school kids).
I have no doubt that on average homeschooled kids are more intelligent than public school kids. I don't think the reason is the public schools though (at least not the primary one).

ParsonJefferson

BANNED
Banned
Thank you!

FINALLY somebody is able to look past their accusatory fingers and THINK.

ParsonJefferson

BANNED
Banned
I'm sorry, but we love our kids enough to NEVER put them in public school. I would die first. Seriously!

Okay, I'm calling you out on this one.

It's OBVIOUS that you believe that those of us who DON'T pull our kids out of public school don't love our kids. Is this is an example of you NOT being judgmental and critical? Is this an example of you NOT being "abusive" toward those of us who aren't homeschoolers?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Questions to all since so far no one I've asked specifically has answered these questions....

1) Do you believe that homeschooled children are, on average, better educated than public schoolers?

If yes, why?
If no,:squint:

Personally I think the answer to #1 is yes, but I don't think the primary reason is the public school cirriculum. I'm curious to see how people will answer.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Questions for the homeschool apologists....

What is your primary reason for homeschooling your children? Is it:

1) Moral reasons?
2) Education reasons?
3) Safety reasons?
4) Other?

ParsonJefferson

BANNED
Banned
Questions to all since so far no one I've asked specifically has answered these questions....

1) Do you believe that homeschooled children are, on average, better educated than public schoolers?

If yes, why?

Personally I think the answer to #1 is yes, but I don't think the primary reason is the public school cirriculum. I'm curious to see how people will answer.

That depends entirely upon the parents

ParsonJefferson

BANNED
Banned
That's why I said on average.
If Christian parents get involved in their kids' lives and education - even at Public School (aka, The Great Satan), those kids will excel. What my kids learned at Public School is an EXTENSION of what they learned at home. It was not either/or.

We dealt with the Religion of Evolution, peer pressure, false teachings and tough choices when our kids were still living at home. We prepared them to grow up, go out into the world, and succeed as strong-spirited and strong-minded Christians in a real world.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
If Christian parents get involved in their kids' lives and education - even at Public School (aka, The Great Satan), those kids will excel. What my kids learned at Public School is an EXTENSION of what they learned at home. It was not either/or.
Ok, I believe that is/can be true, but can you answer the questions?

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

If yes, why?

Yes; mostly because it's one-on-one reaction between the student and the teacher. The parent/teacher doesn't have to deal with 30 other kids to teach his/her one or two (or more) kids.