ECT Christ is the Head of His Bride.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nothing wrong with that.

You must be one of those that think that MAD teaches that EVERYTHING Paul taught was different and somehow conflicts completely with the rest of the revelation of God.

I'm still waiting for you to tell us who the other sheep were?

Why won't you tell us?

Right Divider

Body part
I'm still waiting for you to tell us who the other sheep were?

Why won't you tell us?
Because that's not what this thread is about and I will not answer every question that you feel like throwing out while you're simply changing the subject. You can play your kindergarten games with someone else.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Because that's not what this thread is about and I will not answer every question that you feel like throwing out while you're simply changing the subject. You can play your kindergarten games with someone else.

This thread is about the bridegroom/bride metaphor.

You deny the shepherd/sheep metaphor is for believers today.

I believe that the shepherd/sheep metaphor is for us believers today.

Since you disagree, tell us who the other sheep were?

Also, is Peter and the 12 in the building metaphor with Paul and us believers today?

achduke

Paul says that believer are already sitting in heavenly places.
Eph 2:4-7 KJV But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, (5) Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) (6) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: (7) That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
Col 3:1-4 KJV If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. (2) Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. (3) For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. (4) When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
I still do not see it. It says in the ages to come.
Ephesians 2:7 that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus

Also john 6:40 says that he raises everyone in the last day. Not just Gentiles or Israel but everyone.
John 6:40 "And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day."

1 Thessalonians 4:14 says they sleep. They are in Christ but none the less they are a sleep.
1 Thessalonians 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

Lastly 1 Corinthians 15:51-52 says they are a sleep again except those that are alive when he comes at the last trump.
1 Corinthians 15:51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed--

1 Corinthians 15:52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Right Divider

Body part
I still do not see it. It says in the ages to come.
Everything leading up to verse 7 is in the past tense.

The ages to come refers to an ongoing showing of the riches of His grace for all of eternity.

Also john 6:40 says that he raises everyone in the last day. Not just Gentiles or Israel but everyone.
John did not receive all of the revelation that Paul did.

1 Thessalonians 4:14 says they sleep. They are in Christ but none the less they are a sleep.

Lastly 1 Corinthians 15:51-52 says they are a sleep again except those that are alive when he comes at the last trump.
These both refer to earthly physical things, not heavenly spiritual things.
Col 2:18-23 KJV Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, (19) And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God. (20) Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, (21) (Touch not; taste not; handle not; (22) Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men? (23) Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.
It seems clear that you don't want to "see" anything and that you just want to reject everything you're given regardless of the content.

achduke

Everything leading up to verse 7 is in the past tense.

The ages to come refers to an ongoing showing of the riches of His grace for all of eternity.

John did not receive all of the revelation that Paul did.

These both refer to earthly physical things, not heavenly spiritual things.
Col 2:18-23 KJV Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, (19) And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God. (20) Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, (21) (Touch not; taste not; handle not; (22) Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men? (23) Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.
It seems clear that you don't want to "see" anything and that you just want to reject everything you're given regardless of the content.

Do you believe other than Christ anyone has received their new body? Do you believe that other than Christ that any man is in Heaven?

Most of the spiritual things are in mind and heart. Do you have your glorified body?

Matthew 6:19-21 19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: 20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: 21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
One house, one kingdom of God.

One Body, one kingdom of God.

Once again I ask, how many general sections were there in the Temple?

That has nothing to do with any of these metaphors.

Were there different people in each section of the temple?

You do know that God only dwelt in one section of the temple?

You're really grasping at straws.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What's that suppose say/mean/whatever?

It's ridiculous.

He thinks there are three gospels, with three different kinds of people, with three different eternities.

This is what happens when someone like STP adheres to Hyper-Dispensationalism. In trying to defend his Hyper-Dispensationalism, STP has to make up all kinds of wild theories in order to try and make his Hyper-Dispensationalism work.

Right Divider

Body part
This thread is about the bridegroom and bride metaphor.
Which is exactly why I told you to take your "other sheep" question to a different thread.

Like I said, you MADists have to deny all the metaphors except the body metaphor.
I'm fine with all of the metaphors, analogies, similes, etc. in the Bible. Where I have a problem is when some take two that are different and smash them together. Like the Lamb's bride.

The Lambs' bride is NOT the body of Christ.

The building metaphor causes you the most problems because the Apostle Paul gives it directly to what you guys call the BOC.
And yet Paul strived NOT to build on another man's foundation. Which man do you think that he is talking about?

Paul specifically said "I" laid the foundation. That must be something different.

I understand this all to mean that BOTH the kingdom of Israel (earthly program) and the body of Christ (heavenly program) are founded on Jesus Christ, just NOT in the EXACT same way.

No.

The Apostles and Prophets are the foundation, and Christ Jesus is the cornerstone.

Paul was an Apostle.

Buildings only have one cornerstone. Christ Jesus was the cornerstone for one building.

You can't handle the fact that Peter and the 12 have the same cornerstone as Paul, and are part of the same building.
I handle it just fine.

I understand that these are TWO foundations on the SAME cornerstone are God's revelations.
Eph 1:9-12 KJV Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: (10) That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: (11) In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: (12) That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
It's easy if you just let it be.

Right Divider

Body part
Do you believe other than Christ anyone has received their new body? Do you believe that other than Christ that any man is in Heaven?

Most of the spiritual things are in mind and heart. Do you have your glorified body?
I believe what the Bible says. Only Jesus has a glorified body now. We will get ours later.

Regarding your Matthew quote, don't forget what Jesus told them when He was on earth:
Mat 6:10 KJV Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
They were always told to expect things on the earth, a land, etc.

We are told otherwise by Paul.
Col 3:1-4 KJV If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. (2) Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. (3) For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. (4) When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Which is exactly why I told you to take your "other sheep" question to a different thread.

The shepherd/sheep analogy is the same as the head/body analogy.

Christ Jesus is both the shepherd and the head. Believers in Christ are both sheep and Christ's body.

You have no answer for who the other sheep are because you know any answer causes really big problems for your Dispensationalism.

I'm fine with all of the metaphors, analogies, similes, etc. in the Bible. Where I have a problem is when some take two that are different and smash them together. Like the Lamb's bride.

Again, the bridegroom/bride analogy is the same as the head/body analogy.

Christ Jesus is both the bridegroom and the head, and believers in Christ are both the bride and the body.

And yet Paul strived NOT to build on another man's foundation. Which man do you think that he is talking about?

Nice try.

Paul made it clear that he strived to build in places where Christ Jesus had never been preached. Paul didn't want to waste time preaching in places where others had already preached about Christ Jesus.

(Rom 15:20) My ambition has always been to preach the Good News where the name of Christ has never been heard, rather than where a church has already been started by someone else.

It had nothing to do with an alleged different gospel.

Paul specifically said "I" laid the foundation. That must be something different.

Where Christ Jesus had never been preached before.

I understand this all to mean that BOTH the kingdom of Israel (earthly program) and the body of Christ (heavenly program) are founded on Jesus Christ, just NOT in the EXACT same way.

There is no such things as "earthly program" and "heavenly program". This is just a bunch of rubbish you Hyper-Dispensationalists made up. Nowhere in the Bible does Paul speak of two different programs, with one on earth and one in heaven.

I handle it just fine.

No, you're scared to death of it because you have to have Peter in a different "program" than Paul.

I understand that these are TWO foundations on the SAME cornerstone are God's revelations.

Buildings don't have TWO foundations.

Two foundations with the same cornerstone is even more ridiculous.

Maybe you should consult an architect or builder before you make such embarrassing statements.

Cross Reference

The shepherd/sheep analogy is the same as the head/body analogy.

Christ Jesus is both the shepherd and the head. Believers in Christ are both sheep and Christ's body.

You have no answer for who the other sheep are because you know any answer causes really big problems for your Dispensationalism.

Again, the bridegroom/bride analogy is the same as the head/body analogy.

Christ Jesus is both the bridegroom and the head, and believers in Christ are both the bride and the body.

Nice try.

Paul made it clear that he strived to build in places where Christ Jesus had never been preached. Paul didn't want to waste time preaching in places where others had already preached about Christ Jesus.

(Rom 15:20) My ambition has always been to preach the Good News where the name of Christ has never been heard, rather than where a church has already been started by someone else.

It had nothing to do with an alleged different gospel.

Where Christ Jesus had never been preached before.

There is no such things as "earthly program" and "heavenly program". This is just a bunch of rubbish you Hyper-Dispensationalists made up. Nowhere in the Bible does Paul speak of two different programs, with one on earth and one in heaven.

No, you're scared to death of it because you have to have Peter in a different "program" than Paul.

Buildings don't have TWO foundations.

Two foundations with the same cornerstone is even more ridiculous.

Maybe you should consult an architect or builder before you make such embarrassing statements.

Very good analogy!

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Of course.

How many general sections?

Let's assume there were "three general sections":

1) Vestibule
2) Holy Place
3) Holy of Holies

You couldn't get to #2 or #3 without going through #1.

Only the High Priest could go in #3

God only dwelt in #3

Everyone passed through #1, no one hung out in #1

Everyone who worshiped in #2 had to go through #1 to get to #2, and then back out past #1 again to leave.

IOW, how the heck is this even close to being an analogy for your crazy "three eternities" theory?

SaulToPaul 2

Let's assume there were "three general sections":

1) Vestibule
2) Holy Place
3) Holy of Holies

You couldn't get to #2 or #3 without going through #1.

Only the High Priest could go in #3

God only dwelt in #3

Everyone passed through #1, no one hung out in #1

Everyone who worshiped in #2 had to go through #1.

IOW, how the heck is this even close to being an analogy for your crazy "three eternities" theory?

Was there a section for,

1. The people
2. The priesthood
3. Beyond the veil