cheap salvation

Ben Masada

Matthew 7:22 (KJV 1900)
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Thank you.

This is one of the messages they skip or dismiss those who spread half message and cheap salvation.

Well, I find absolutely nothing to relate this message of Mat. 72 with real or cheap salvation.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Meshak believes you get to Heaven by:

1) Doing good works and deeds.
2) Not admitting to being saved.
3) You must earn your right into Heaven.
4) You must be 100% obedient to ALL the laws and commands of Jesus.
5) You can only trust in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and sometimes John. You must reject the rest of the Bible like Meshak does.
6) You cannot ever assume that Heaven awaits you. Because, it's not humble.

Ben Masada

Salvation is not cheap. It is absolutely free.

Right Delmar, but only if you are referring to the universal salvation that; you know, the one that Jesus mentioned coming from the Jews. (John 4:22) There is no doubt about the personal salvation Jesus mentioned to be achieved by listening to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31)

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jesus clearly commanded His followers to teach everyone to obey His commands.

Yet, so many Christians preach obeying Him is not get you salvation.

Just amazing.

Too many seem to want cheap salvation which will not save them.

At least you're honest when you've said in some of your past
posts: "I don't know if I'm saved? That's up to Jesus. At least
you don't believe that one is saved through faith. You believe
that you'll have a chance at Heaven if you do enough good
works and deeds. You also believe you might
go to Heaven if you're obedient enough. Which means, you
may not make it? You'll wait and see. Hopefully, you'll do
enough good, so that it outweighs all the bad things you do.
Which are many.

Ben Masada

I have yet to cross paths with a Calvinist that will answer this: "How did you know you were of the Elect?" Nobody wants to answer that question?

I do. First of all, we must try to understand who are the elected ones. IMHO, Jesus himself implied that they are of those who listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31) If you still can't get to the point of what Jesus meant, ask me further and we can talk more about it.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I do. First of all, we must try to understand who are the elected ones. IMHO, Jesus himself implied that they are of those who listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31) If you still can't get to the point of what Jesus meant, ask me further and we can talk more about it.

Well, you're Jewish so we'll probably not have a meeting of the minds?
However, I totally respect the Jewish people and don't argue with them,
out of that respect.

Ben Masada

There's no cheap salvation. There is however, only one Gospel for today and that is, The Grace Gospel. (Paul's Gospel) All men's secrets will be judged according to Paul's Gospel, the Bible says.

So, you believe that salvation is according to the gospel of Paul, a Hellenist who lived in the First Century. I must disagree with you because I learned the way I believe from the gospel of Jesus which he himself said, comes from listening to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31) Now, do you still believe that the gospel of Paul was right and that the gospel of Jesus was wrong? How would you evidence your opinion?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
How could God judge a man by Jesus according to the gospel of Paul if Jesus himself followed a different gospel from that of Paul?
Read the context of the following verse. The words of the first verse here are the words of Peter.

Acts 10:42 NASB - 42 "And He ordered us to preach to the people, and solemnly to testify that this is the One who has been appointed by God as Judge of the living and the dead.

Acts 17:31 NASB - 31 because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a Man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raising Him from the dead."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
So, you believe that salvation is according to the gospel of Paul, a Hellenist who lived in the First Century. I must disagree with you because I learned the way I believe from the gospel of Jesus which he himself said, comes from listening to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31) Now, do you still believe that the gospel of Paul was right and that the gospel of Jesus was wrong? How would you evidence your opinion?

The ascended Christ met Paul on the road to Damascus. Subsequently,
Paul was given the "Grace Gospel" and was sent to the Gentiles with
this Gospel. Whereas, Peter and the rest continued preaching the Kingdom
Gospel to the House of Israel. (The Jews) There were two messages being
preached at that time. Today, in this "Dispensation of Grace" the Grace Gospel
is for both the Jew and the Gentile.

God's Grace through our faith in Christ as our Savior. (Paul's Gospel)

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
In the four Gospels, Matthew through John, Christ was preaching only to
the Lost Sheep of Israel. Not to the Gentiles nor the latter, Body of Christ.

Ben Masada

Salvation is not cheap, it cost Him His Life.

That kind of salvation from life is indeed not cheap but, hey! We all have no choice as we all must go through it as it is natural. Part of life, you know! There are three parts: First, we are born, second, we spent a time to live and naturally, we all must die.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
That kind of salvation from life is indeed not cheap but, hey! We all have no choice as we all must go through it as it is natural. Part of life, you know! There are three parts: First, we are born, second, we spent a time to live and naturally, we all must die.

Birth, death, eternity.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
First get saved?

As if that were possible by the power of any human?

I thought you already knew that Salvation was Given to those
Chosen in Christ before the foundation of the World 2 Tim. 1:9.

~~~~~

Even though we are chosen before the world began, and even though salvation for us is an assured thing, beginning and ending with God. Nevertheless we still get saved at a point in time.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Why is so much spoken of about salvation in the New Testament If it isn't available to those who desire it. I believe that Jesus came for all those who would believe in Him. That means unlimited atonement.
Not all are Calvinist in there beliefs and believe that those who are not can be saved by the grace of God. I see a selfishness in some Calvinists who believe that there is salvation only for their small sect. God is greater than that.

John 3:16 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

You have to discover why YOU desired to be saved and others do not desire to be saved