Calvinism Dishonors God and Insults Jesus Christ

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The fact that you defend those unbelieving religions tells me that you are in the same boat with them.

That fact is not a fact. And I'm not defending them, I just want to know why you pick on them if they are saved by calling on the name of the Lord.

beloved57

Faith that is from God honors Jesus Christ by confessing that Jesus is the savior of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

That leaves you out.

There's no Greater way to Dishonor the Son than what you teach, that sinners He shed His Precious Blood for wind up lost in their sins, to suffer the wrath of for all eternity.

beloved57

Faith that is from God honors Jesus Christ by confessing that Jesus is the savior of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

That leaves you out.

There is no wrath of God until Jesus returns, Revelation 19:11-21 and then all hell is going to brake loose.

For now God is at peace with the world because of Jesus Christ, Colossians 1:20. This is the age of grace and faith, no wrath.

False statement. Gods Wrath abides on many now Jn 3:36

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Robert Pate

Banned
OK, then.

Calvinists call on the name of the Lord.

You say that is an act of faith. So now Calvinists have faith. So how can you say they do not?

Its very simple. If you have called on Christ to save you and you believe that he can, then what good is Calvinism or any religion? This is why "The Just Shall Live By Faith" they don't need a religion.

Brother Ducky

Its very simple. If you have called on Christ to save you and you believe that he can, then what good is Calvinism or any religion? This is why "The Just Shall Live By Faith" they don't need a religion.

Your fervor for the religion of Patism, with you as Pope is stronger than most Calvinist, Catholics, Madists, Freewillikers, etc.

You follow a mentor, who by your own definition is not a Christian.

Your main dogma is salvation through faith. [Good one though.]

Secondary dogms are hate Calvinists and Catholics. Hate the church in favor of a Lone Ranger religion. Misrepresent the beliefs of others. Free-will with no support at all. Misinterpret scripture.

And finally, go for a world record in starting redundant anti-Calvinist treads on TOL.

Brother Ducky

Similar to ALL those "Anti-MAD" threads, huh Duck?

Perhaps, but at best a very very distant second.

And, for the record, I have not started any anti-MAD threads. Not a concern of mine. And certainly not of salvific import. I may have asked questions for clarification, but not to fight.

No substantive response, though?

Brother Ducky

But you do indeed have a religion.

And that notwithstanding, you claim that all who call on the name of the Lord will be saved. If that be true, then other stuff really does not matter.

Hate Calvinists. Hate Catholics. Talk about the God of Love. That seems to be your religion.

Robert Pate

Banned
But you do indeed have a religion.

And that notwithstanding, you claim that all who call on the name of the Lord will be saved. If that be true, then other stuff really does not matter.

Hate Calvinists. Hate Catholics. Talk about the God of Love. That seems to be your religion.

I don't have, nor do I want a religion.

Jesus Christ and his Gospel are my religion. Jesus saves and he saves to the uttermost, Hebrews 7:25.

Nanja

I don't have, nor do I want a religion.

Jesus Christ and his Gospel are my religion. Jesus saves and he saves to the uttermost, Hebrews 7:25.

But those He Saves to the uttermost are only those whom God has Chosen and causes to approach unto Him!

Psalm 65:4
Blessed is the man whom thou choosest, and causest to approach unto thee, that he may dwell in thy courts: we shall be satisfied with the goodness of thy house, even of thy holy temple.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

~~~~

beloved57

That leaves you out.

But those He Saves to the uttermost are only those whom God has Chosen and causes to approach unto Him!

Psalm 65:4
Blessed is the man whom thou choosest, and causest to approach unto thee, that he may dwell in thy courts: we shall be satisfied with the goodness of thy house, even of thy holy temple.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

~~~~

He can't believe that Christ saves to the uttermost if he believes that sinners Christ died for still wind up lost in hell!