boycott the NFL

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
What are you white people doing to the blacks in your neighborhoods? You’ve blown the nfl. Stop with your assaulting of minorities-already. Man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drbrumley

Funny how they threw that word in.
Looks like a petition to me, not a demand.

I signed it.
Curious, I petition someone means I am demanding something done.

I signed a petition to have the county repave my road due to thousands of potholes...i am demanding they take care of it...doesnt mean they will, but I am demanding it..

Same thing. Nice try though at mudding up the water. :up:

Sent from my SM-G920V using TOL mobile app

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Curious, I petition someone means I am demanding something done.

I signed a petition to have the county repave my road due to thousands of potholes...i am demanding they take care of it...doesnt mean they will, but I am demanding it..

Same thing. Nice try though at mudding up the water. :up:

Sent from my SM-G920V using TOL mobile app
Could be taken that way.
Could also be taken as petitioning is requesting them to do something, and demanding is commanding them to do something.
A petition to fix your roads would be asking/requesting that the content of the petition become commanded/demanded.
Like petitioning for a law; it's not a law until the content of the petition changes from being a petition to being a command.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Could be taken that way.
Could also be taken as petitioning is requesting them to do something, and demanding is commanding them to do something.
A petition to fix your roads would be asking/requesting that the content of the petition become commanded/demanded.
Like petitioning for a law; it's not a law until the content of the petition changes from being a petition to being a command.
Yep. A petition is like an appeal or a vote. Petitions seek change, not command it. Petitions are a "pleading"

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Be careful if your son is in the room, sometimes the mics pick up cuss words from the coaches and players.
Never intentionally and I think they have a slight delay these days to catch that, but I have heard them in the past, so you may be right still.

And if that happens I'll tell Jack what I did, that people sometimes say and do stupid, low things. That if those mistakes don't define them they'll attempt amends. And if they don't, then he has insight into who they are and sometimes that warning is a good thing, at least as far as the future goes.

Meanwhile, how's that knob doing today? Anything new?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Be careful if your son is in the room, sometimes the mics pick up cuss words from the coaches and players.
51bad55dd6b28577b4340955ed0a442c_w41_h37.gif

drbrumley

Trump relies on culture wars to distract from everything else and stir up his supporters.

Not sure I follow..what culture war? He is a pro abort, loves gay people to the point that some law is ok pertaining to them only....hate crime etc.....so what culture war?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Not sure I follow..what culture war? He is a pro abort, loves gay people to the point that some law is ok pertaining to them only....hate crime etc.....so what culture war?

Maybe those are his personal views but his administration hasn't taken those positions. He occasionally throws some bones to social conservatives and evangelicals.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I wrote, "Getting your knickers in a twist over someone exercising their right to free speech doesn't make you patriotic."

No, it doesn't, because the people kneeling were exercising their patriotism by showing their support of one of its most important principles and doing it in the face of popular opposition, even in defiance of authority. It doesn't get more American than that. Love and devotion aren't only found in praise, but also in discipline. That can sometimes be a harsher measure, a judgment predicated on the expectation of better.

No, it wouldn't be "patriotic" unless you have a really bad dictionary. Also, your attempts at parallel aren't parallel given the empirical data on disparate, negative treatment for blacks and other minorities in this country.

Nothing in what they did attacked the anthem or the flag. And what they did was in service to the principles that make those symbols meaningful.

It's not the choice I'd have felt obliged to make, but I can respect it as an exercise in keeping with our traditions.

:thumb:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Those are good articles too.
Thank you so muchh!

I wish more would take the data seriously.
There is so much data that states that it much more beneficial for children raised in homes with both parents, and how welfare promotes the dividing of the parents.
For those that claim they are so concerned for the children, they sure do put this data on the back burner (if they bother considering the data at all).

It doesn't have to be either/or.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Boring nfl. Rugby is the man’s game. No whining black guys or whites. Just pounding the ball up field. Brothers can’t play rugby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk