Bought and Washed, NOT Predestinated

Robert Pate

Banned
The Creeds are centered on Christ. Worship is centered on Christ. Doctrine is centered on Christ.

I agree with you about the Gospel. I also agree that Christ alone saves.

Much of the creeds are based upon law. What you should do to remain a Christian. The law says, Do something.

All that we need to do is have faith in Christ, plus NOTHING.

Cedarbay

What you are passing on to your children is religion.
Is there anything that you find objectionable in this statement?

"That I with body and soul, both in life and death, am not my own, but belong unto my faithful Saviour Jesus Christ;

who, with his precious blood, has fully satisfied for all my sins, and delivered me from all the power of the devil;

and so preserves me that without the will of my heavenly Father, not a hair can fall from my head;

yea, that all things must be subservient to my salvation, and therefore, by his Holy Spirit, He also assures me of eternal life, and makes me sincerely willing and ready, henceforth, to live unto him."

Cedarbay

Much of the creeds are based upon law. What you should do to remain a Christian. The law says, Do something.

All that we need to do is have faith in Christ, plus NOTHING.
I believe that our salvation in Christ is based upon His work alone.

The holy life of a Christian is lived out through the continued grace of God and His intercession on our behalf.

Robert Pate

Banned
Is there anything that you find objectionable in this statement?

"That I with body and soul, both in life and death, am not my own, but belong unto my faithful Saviour Jesus Christ;

who, with his precious blood, has fully satisfied for all my sins, and delivered me from all the power of the devil;

and so preserves me that without the will of my heavenly Father, not a hair can fall from my head;

yea, that all things must be subservient to my salvation, and therefore, by his Holy Spirit, He also assures me of eternal life, and makes me sincerely willing and ready, henceforth, to live unto him."

No, but try this.

Jesus, in my name and on my behalf, has made me acceptable to God.

It is only by the doing and the dying of Jesus that I have been justified, sanctified and redeemed. I now stand complete "In Christ".

When God accepted Jesus into heaven, I was accepted in him.

Robert Pate

Banned
I believe that our salvation in Christ is based upon His work alone.

The holy life of a Christian is lived out through the continued grace of God and His intercession on our behalf.

The reason that God leaves us on this earth is to be a witness for Christ and his Gospel.

Many of the early martyers went to their deaths singing songs about Jesus. A very strong witness.

Cedarbay

No, but try this.

It is only by the doing and the dying of Jesus that I have been justified, sanctified and redeemed. I now stand complete "In Christ".

It seems you are saying that all the action for salvation is coming from God, true?

Cedarbay

God can limit himself.

When Jesus returns the saved will be identified by the indwelling Holy Spirit.

In the judgment it says that the books were opened to see who's name is written in the book of life, Revelation 20:12, 15.

Doesn't God know? Why is there a book?

Luke 15:10 says that the angels in heaven rejoice over one sinner that repents. Didn't they know ahead of time who that sinner was?
This is stunning. I am speechless. Please consider reading one of the historic Creeds of the Christian Church to understand the Omniscience of the Godhead.

The Psalms alone bring us to our knees, in His all-knowing Presence.

Cedarbay

No, but try this.

I'm happy to read that you agree with the statement.

It is from the Heidelberg Cathechism, Lord's Day One, Question One.

This is the faith the Reformed teach their children.

Robert Pate

Banned
This is stunning. I am speechless. Please consider reading one of the historic Creeds of the Christian Church to understand the Omniscience of the Godhead.

The Psalms alone bring us to our knees, in His all-knowing Presence.

God can limit himself.

God does not see what is going on, on the earth.

God sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 1:20.

Nothing will be revealed until Christ returns and then everything will be revealed.

Cedarbay

God can limit himself.

God does not see what is going on, on the earth.

God sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 1:20.

Nothing will be revealed until Christ returns and then everything will be revealed.
Trying to be respectful here, but these statements are one of the reasons why a systematic theology is so important. Reformed find that in many resources, including but not limited to it's Creeds and Confessions.