Blasphemy?

rexlunae

From the outside, the distinctions between the monotheisms look pretty ridiculous. But inside, they take them very seriously.

The Muslim confession of faith, the Shahada, is roughly "there is no god but God, and Muhammed is his messenger", and what has always struck me about this is that, despite the religion being centered around the idea of a single unitary god, the way they distinguish themselves from other monotheisms is by naming a man.

Lon

Muslims killing Christians does not tarnish the words of God in the Quran.
There you go. Even you don't believe Islam is a peaceful religion.
Does your god need you to kill for him? My God can and does fight His own battles and I don't need to kill those who speak against Him.
The Christian faith will stand, as we are "gentle as doves."

That's a HUGE difference.

Lon

It's just a fact that He is. Same God that spoke to Abraham.
Even in the U.S. when you hear a celebrity say "My God isn't against homosexuality," they aren't talking about the same "god" I am. So if there can be a difference between god and God, there can and is often, a difference between Allah and allah and god even.

Lon

This needs to be poty because it is something we cannot forget or neglect:
Muslims kill Christians for converting: If it were the same god, you'd think that'd not be the case, so I can see a Mod on Christian forum taking great exception and taking a strong stance.

He is ABSOLUTELY right!!!

So much for the 'peaceful' Muslim/doesn't exist.

keypurr

By Yahweh I think I wasn't. This is my one and only account here.

And I think this is kinda stupid. I can't even explain why I think YHWH = Allah when I get warned for simply saying so.

I agree with you.
There could very well be a connection between our God and yours.

I feel that you were treated unfairly but the folks who run this forum have the right to do what they did.

keypurr

It's a Christian site and posting blasphemy is frowned upon here.True Christians recognize Allah as who he actually is: a false god that doesn't even exist.That might not get you an infraction. Most people here know this ignorant objection to the Truth of The Holy Scriptures, anyway.I like it!!!

He did not post blasphemy.

He wonders if his God is the same as ours.

What is wrong with that?

keypurr

This needs to be poty because it is something we cannot forget or neglect:

He is ABSOLUTELY right!!!

So much for the 'peaceful' Muslim/doesn't exist.

Christians also have a shaded past Lon. Folks were killed because they did not swallow all stuff the churches taught. There are folks in every faith that are extreamist.

Lon

Christians also have a shaded past Lon. Folks were killed because they did not swallow all stuff the churches taught. There are folks in every faith that are extremist.
:doh: Wake up!
I agree with you.
There could very well be a connection between our God and yours.

I feel that you were treated unfairly but the folks who run this forum have the right to do what they did.
Here you are hoping you and the other ten arians on the planet will be spared but ""to hell with the rest of us." He told you point blank the Quran nor he has any problem with killing Christians. What did you do? Sold out. Your grandkids are on that hit list :doh:

I was thinking about deleting the "All Arians Perverted" thread. This just reminds me that it needs to stay put on TOL.

(Still quite on my ignore list, but I'm glad I looked for once. You've lost your mind and sold your soul for fear or brain-damage or both - God cannot be mocked)

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
He told you point blank the Quran nor he has any problem with killing Christians.

Calm down. Lon. I'll make you a cup of tea.

My English suxs, I know that very well. What I meant was that Muslims killing Christians for no good reason does not do anything to demonize the Quran. For many reasons. The Quran in fact talks good about some Christians.

Lon

Calm down. Lon. I'll make you a cup of tea.

My English suxs, I know that very well. What I meant was that Muslims killing Christians for no good reason does not do anything to demonize the Quran. For many reasons. The Quran in fact talks good about some Christians.
"Some" Christians.... The Arians. There are only about 1 million arians on the planet so the Quran and you are for killing a LOT of Christians.
I'm not very comforted. Should I be? When a Muslim cannot convert to Christianity, without being killed, that's a very bad thing. We don't kill Christians who convert to Islam because we think God is stronger than men and can take care of this Himself. We don't believe you can be born a Christian, not even in a Christian family, so a person who chooses Islam is able to do so without us having to kill him or her. There is no need. Our God is stronger than we are. It seems the God of Islam isn't as powerful, men have to kill to keep Islam alive. Not a very good religion.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Christians also have a shaded past Lon. Folks were killed because they did not swallow all stuff the churches taught. There are folks in every faith that are extreamist.

Well said brother. This kind of practice has been hidden under the rug in mainstream churches.

Their faith is so violent from the beginning of their history, starting with RCC.

Trinitarians and Muslims worship the same violent god.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

We are children of the reformation...we are the children of those who were martyred for their opposition the Roman Church.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He did not post blasphemy.

He wonders if his God is the same as ours.

What is wrong with that?

1. Let you be accursed (get the most important thing first)

2. It is blasphemy to speak against God. You do it daily. It must be because of pity that you are allowed to post here at all.

3. 2 “I am YHWH your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. 3 “You shall have no other gods before Me.

shagster01

There you go. Even you don't believe Islam is a peaceful religion.
Does your god need you to kill for him? My God can and does fight His own battles and I don't need to kill those who speak against Him.
The Christian faith will stand, as we are "gentle as doves."

That's a HUGE difference.

Would you call Judaism a peaceful religion?

genuineoriginal

Say that Jesus is not God is blasphemy.
The Bible spends a lot of time making sure we know that Jesus is the Son of God.
The Bible doesn't say anything about God being His own Son, so that is an extra-Biblical teaching.
If Jesus is God, then the Bible does nothing to make that clear but does a whole lot to obscure it.

I am always amazed when people that claim to believe in Sola Scriptura or an inerrant English translation of the Bible find reasons to support dogmas that are not clearly stated in the Bible.

Aimiel

All three of the Abrahamic faiths worship the real God. Jews and Muslims err in a number of ways, but that doesn't mean that there are other Gods. They worship the same One we do.
Jews are merely blinded by the veil that has been put over their eyes, for God's Purposes. Indeed, they worship The Lord. Muslims, however, because they follow the doctrines of demons called: "Quran," worship a false god who doesn't exist, whether you can agree with that or not; just as JW's follow a false god and LDS follow a false god. The UB is another false religion which depicts a false god just as the RCC depicts a false god (idols of stone and beads). You need to buy a clue. God is real. His Word is designed to lead men into the freedom that a relationship with Him yields, not into the darkness and bondage that religion brings. Jesus didn't build a religion. He came to seek and to save that which was lost: relationship. That is what men lost when Adam and Eve sinned. Jesus, The Last Adam, opened the door for men to come into God's Presence and stay here.