Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Agape4Robin said:
Must be nice to have a god that thinks like you do.............. :rolleyes:
I pray that through this debate we might all become more like-minded with God and thus with each other.

Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus, that you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.Romans 15:5-6

For “who has known the mind of the LORD that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ. 1 Corinthians 2:16​

elected4ever

Poly said:
No, it appears to be the heartwrenching truth as is shown here by Zman's sarcastic response to those who do not feel that God orchestrates such things like rape and murder.
Nonsense and if you or anyone else subscribes to such nonsense then I accuse you and them of willful ignorants at the very least. It is not true. It is something you just prefer to believe and it has no foundation.
It tears my heart out that Zman can be so flippant in his attitude of God supposedly ordaining a person to be murdered or somebody's daughter to be raped.
Show me one post where Zman ever made a statement like that.
But as you can see, it's not disgusting and slanderous as you said above nor is it even an exaggeration. It's very common.
It is and it is a product of your imagination.
I know many, many people personally with Zman's same attitude, and they also wouldn't hesitate to express it proudly just as he does.
You perceive it to be true because of your mindset.Just tell me this. Where in the Bible does God change His character? Where in the Bible is God ever unjust? Where in the Bible does God's foreknowledge prevent choice? You accusations are baseless.

STONE

Bob Enyart said:
The lexicon gives two different meanings for the exact same word in the same sentence! What does two definitions for the same word indicate?

I plan to address this in the Center Ring.
It means that either usage could be supported scripturally. Though hermeneutic is important, opinions will vary.

The Holy Spirit reveals the true meaning.
"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. "

elected4ever

drbrumley said:
Darbyists? I'm a Darbyist? Thought I was a Christian who follows my Lord Jesus Christ and read and STUDY the Word of God? Hmmmm guess I'm not to you.

I will put this mildly for you dad. Open Theism vs the Closed view can cause a pretty big rip tide between believers. I try as most do to not get highly emotional in debates such as these. But if your going to cry foul and start calling people who have studied sons of Satan, then I suggest you back off the debate. Because if your position is correct, your not doing God any favors. I can say the same for me if I start acting as childish as you on this subject. If you believe your postion to be correct, Proof it. You have offered nothing but crap since this thread started. Now we can all talk about this civilily, but that is up to you.
You are as much a Darbyist as I am a Calvinist. OK Einstein, tell me what it means when God repents.

Z Man

billygoat said:
A man at our former church was burning weeds one day. He was using gasoline to do it. His little boy picked up the can of gasoline and spilled it on himself, then ran into the fire, and he was horribly, cruelly immolated.

Did God work this out to bring Himself Glory?

Anyone who says yes has a sick understanding of God.

Bad things happen, but for us to blame God for them is blasphemous and disgusting..
Job blamed God for crushing his children under the crumbled house. And the Bible says he did not sin with his lips.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
elected4ever said:
Show me one post where Zman ever made a statement like that.It is and it is a product of your imagination.
Post #462 of this very thread.

drbrumley

elected4ever said:
You are as much a Darbyist as I am a Calvinist.

Fine, have it your way.

elected4ever said:
OK Einstein, tell me what it means when God repents.

Thanks for calling me Einstein. Nice you recognize me being smart.

God repents as we do. All repent is is to turn from. The difference between God repenting and us repenting is God doesn't need to be "saved." God does not repent to salvation. We DO! And only God can do that.

Z Man

Let me get this straight OV'ers, cause I'm a little confused here. You all agree with the following Scripture:

Job 1:20-22
Job stood up and tore his robe in grief. Then he shaved his head and fell to the ground before God. He said, "I came naked from my mother's womb, and I will be stripped of everything when I die. The LORD gave me everything I had, and the LORD has taken it away. Praise the name of the LORD!" In all of this, Job DID NOT SIN by blaming God.

Yet you all get on my case for saying that it's ok to say God ordained the death of people, whether it be your son or daughter?

Last edited:

Z Man

drbrumley said:
God repents as we do.
Numbers 23:19
"God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?

drbrumley

Z Man said:
Numbers 23:19
"God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?

But yet Gods own word says he does. How come you have a problem with that?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Z Man said:
Job blamed God for crushing his children under the crumbled house. And the Bible says he did not sin with his lips.
Wow! I just realized from reading your post 484 that earlier when you quoted Job 1:22 (NLT) in post 462...
In all of this, Job did not sin by blaming God.​
...that you think this means that Job did blame God, and Job was not wrong to do this.

:doh:

You have it exactly backwards, Z Man! The verse is saying that Job did not blame God, and therefore did not sin because to blame God would be sinful.

(NKJV) In all this Job did not sin nor charge God with wrong.

(KJV) In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly.

(NASB) Through all this Job did not sin nor did he blame God.

(YLT) In all this Job hath not sinned, nor given folly to God.​

Z Man, you are just like Job's wife and his three friends (the original Three Stooges). They blamed God. Job did not.

elected4ever

Post # 482
Far be it for humans to experience suffering, right OV'ers? I mean, who does God think He is to ordain that some guy be murdered, without giving him the chance he deserved to be saved? Or to have my daughter raped! She's my daughter, and God has no right to do anything to her that would offend me or hurt her!
z-Man, You care to explain this? I think you said something that was not intended. You appear to be saying that God orders people raped and murdered. If this is what you meant then the OVers have a legitimate complaint against you and so do I

Z Man

Turbo said:
Wow! I just realized from reading your post 484 that earlier when you quoted Job 1:22 (NLT) in post 462...
In all of this, Job did not sin by blaming God.​
...that you think this means that Job did blame God, and Job was not wrong to do this.

:doh:

You have it exactly backwards, Z Man! The verse is saying that Job did not blame God, and therefore did not sin because to blame God would be sinful.

(NKJV) In all this Job did not sin nor charge God with wrong.

(KJV) In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly.

(NASB) Through all this Job did not sin nor did he blame God.

(YLT) In all this Job hath not sinned, nor given folly to God.​

Z Man, you are just like Job's wife and his three friends (the original Three Stooges). They blamed God. Job did not.
:rotfl:

Oh man.. that was a good one! I'm still laughing!

Z Man

Phew.. ok Turbo.. I think I can respond now. Man.. ha.. that was funny though.

Dude, are you serious? In the verse, Job says, ""I came naked from my mother's womb, and I will be stripped of everything when I die. The LORD gave me everything I had, and the LORD has taken it away. Praise the name of the LORD!" He said the Lord had taken away everything Job had, including his children. He blamed God for everything he just went through; the total lost of all he had. That's what Job did. That's what Job said. A retard would understand that.

Then the writer of Job wanted to make it clear that in blaming God for taking away everything he had, Job was not sinning with his lips. Job did not charge God for wrong doing by blaming Him for killing his children. That is the simple meaning of this verse.

Man, I swear, I really and truly believe that you OV'ers make this crap up as you go along. It's funny though! :D

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Z Man said:
:rotfl:

Oh man.. that was a good one! I'm still laughing!

With a reaction like this after being shown so explicitly how wrong you were only makes it seem as if you're trying to take the focus off of your embarrassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.