BATTLE TALK ~ BRX (rounds 1 thru 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z Man

drbrumley said:
But yet Gods own word says he does. How come you have a problem with that?
Gods own word says He repents? And I've just shown that He doesn't. Which is it?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
STONE said:
It means that either usage could be supported scripturally. Though hermeneutic is important, opinions will vary.

The Holy Spirit reveals the true meaning.
"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. "
Bob knows that verse well. As a teenager he kept it in his pocket on a piece of cardboard and regularly prayed for wisdom. :)

elected4ever

When false accusations are made about what i believe and language is used that is offensive and untrue, I will respond. I did not start this fight but i will finish it. The only way to stop it is to apologize or ban me. I will not tolerate lies being told about me based on no evidence at all, just assumptions.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Z Man said:
Man, I swear, I really and truly believe that you OV'ers make this crap up as you go along.
No you don't. You believe that God made it up before the foundation of the world. Don't you?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
elected4ever said:
When false accusations are made about what i believe and language is used that is offensive and untrue, I will respond. I did not start this fight but i will finish it. The only way to stop it is to apologize or ban me. I will not tolerate lies being told about me based on no evidence at all, just assumptions.

Maybe I missed it but exactly what lies were told of you?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Z Man said:
Man, I swear, I really and truly believe that you OV'ers make this crap up as you go along. It's funny though! :D
Easy now.... you are free to disagree but please do so without going over the top.

I have already banned an OV'er for going over the top on this thread and I will do the same for you.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
After round 3 is over I may clean up this thread so we can get back on track discussing BRX.

It's OK to go off on some rabbit trails but we don't want to go so far off on the trail that we forget why we are here in the first place.:D

elected4ever

Turbo said:
No you don't. You believe that God made it up before the foundation of the world. Don't you?
This only shows that you have no comprehension of what you are talking about, God does not make a decision for any man but that does not prevent God from knowing what your personal decision is from the foundation of the world.

drbrumley

elected4ever said:
Wrong.

That book you gave me backs me up. God INDEED does not change His character. If you think we say that, you are SADLY mistaken. He can change His mind all He wants and guess what, He still is Righteous. As your book says, God changes His mind. We are all in agreement. His character does not suffer because of this. I think you want to start a fight because you don't understand what is being said.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
elected4ever said:
This only shows that you have no comprehension of what you are talking about, God does not make a decision for any man but that does not prevent God from knowing what your personal decision is from the foundation of the world.
e4e I think Turbo was specifically responding to Z Man whom believes a bit differently than you do.

Let's all try to get back on topic - BR X!

elected4ever

Knight said:
After round 3 is over I may clean up this thread so we can get back on track discussing BRX.

It's OK to go off on some rabbit trails but we don't want to go so far off on the trail that we forget why we are here in the first place.:D
I apologize for my outburst. Just because someone does not understand my theology and makes false assumptions and accuses me wrongly like crash did does not excuse my behavior. I'm sorry.

Z Man

elected4ever said:
Post # 482 z-Man, You care to explain this? I think you said something that was not intended. You appear to be saying that God orders people raped and murdered. If this is what you meant then the OVers have a legitimate complaint against you and so do I
1 Samual 15:3
"Now go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them. But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.'"

Deuteronomy 21:10-14
"When you go out to war against your enemies, and the Lord your God delivers them into your hand, and you take them captive, and you see among the captives a beautiful woman, and desire her and would take her for your wife, then you shall bring her home to your house, and she shall shave her head and trim her nails.

2 Kings 2:23
Elisha left Jericho and went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, a group of boys from the town began mocking and making fun of him. "Go away, you baldhead!" they chanted. "Go away, you baldhead!" Elisha turned around and looked at them, and he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of them.

Exodus 12:29
And at midnight the LORD killed all the firstborn sons in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sat on the throne, to the firstborn son of the captive in the dungeon. Even the firstborn of their livestock were killed.

The Bible is full of evidence of God odering the destruction of people, whether they be women, children, whatever. Why is it so hard to believe that God can make people suffer? In fact, He orders us to suffer! If Christ did, how much more should we?

Z Man

Turbo said:
Nice cop-out. :rolleyes:

So it's settled; Job blamed God, and it wasn't wrong for him to do so, nor was blaming Him for taking away his children a charge of wrong doing against Him.

Z Man

Knight said:
Easy now.... you are free to disagree but please do so without going over the top.

I have already banned an OV'er for going over the top on this thread and I will do the same for you.
Sorry.

elected4ever

The Bible is full of evidence of God ordering the destruction of people, whether they be women, children, whatever. Why is it so hard to believe that God can make people suffer? In fact, He orders us to suffer! If Christ did, how much more should we?
But that is not murder and rape and Jesus never sad to lay down and allow ourselves to be murdered and raped. We suffer as a result of our faith and standing for what is right, not for what is wrong. be very careful of how you apply those scriptures. Before you know it you will be suffering for evil and not for the good.

Ecumenicist

CRASH said:
Well no duh, God is our Comfortor when things go horribly wrong and we can all learn from others mistakes and of course God allows all this to happen - but that is all very different from what most of you CV/Calvinists believe which is that God pre-planned this horrible incident, He pre-ordained it and therefore obviously wanted this little boy to get burned in fire. THAT IS NOT THE GOD REVEALED IN THE BIBLE!!! Add to blasphemous and disgusting - SLANDER, against the living God, and willful ignorance! And while were at it, how about SAD - unbelievers look at these stupid, pagan explainations for evil and rightly say "you can have your god who ordained Hitler and the twin Towers, epidemic murder, rape and cancer!"

Whoa, whoa, lets back off a little and think about this...

The question is whether God knows our future, not necessarily the whole Calvinist
thing wadded up together.

Did God know that the child would be burned, in your example? Yes, He did. Did
God allow it to happen? Yes He did, to do otherwise would be to interfere with our
freewill choice to make our own mistakes. That's the choice we made in the garden,
and God loves us enough to respect our choice. That, my friend, is known as
covenant, God's freewill choice to constrain God's self in relationship / promise with
humanity.

Was God happy about the child being hurt? No, of course not. Will God use it to God's
glory, even our mistakes, even our weaknesses? Yes, of course God will. And its God's
perfect foreknowledge that allows God's Glory to shine through even the worst
circumstances. Our hope is in this: even though bad things happen, God has ultimate
control, and God will make it right, that's God's plan, and God's application of God's
perfect foreknowledge.

Dave

elected4ever

:up:
Dave Miller said:
Whoa, whoa, lets back off a little and think about this...

The question is whether God knows our future, not necessarily the whole Calvinist
thing wadded up together.

Did God know that the child would be burned, in your example? Yes, He did. Did
God allow it to happen? Yes He did, to do otherwise would be to interfere with our
freewill choice to make our own mistakes. That's the choice we made in the garden,
and God loves us enough to respect our choice. That, my friend, is known as
covenant, God's freewill choice to constrain God's self in relationship / promise with
humanity.

Was God happy about the child being hurt? No, of course not. Will God use it to God's
glory, even our mistakes, even our weaknesses? Yes, of course God will. And its God's
perfect foreknowledge that allows God's Glory to shine through even the worst
circumstances. Our hope is in this: even though bad things happen, God has ultimate
control, and God will make it right, that's God's plan, and God's application of God's
perfect foreknowledge.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.