Battle Talk ~ BR XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

novice

Who is the stooge now?
Eisley said:
I have another question: how is God glorified through the DP?
Well, first off have you ever hard of Jesus Christ?

But Jesus answered them, saying, “The hour has come that the Son of Man should be glorified. - John 12:23

Secondly, why did you ask that question?

Eisley

BANNED
Banned
Because all of God's actions glorify himself. And so all of our actions should glorify him also. And I obviously meant the DP carried out by Christians, not the instance where Christ died for all of our sins, rendering the death penalty useless.

Primghar

BANNED
Banned
novice said:
Wow, what a coincidence! You guys should get engaged! :chuckle:

You silly man. I am not sure what is a coincidence, but....I will just agree. YAY. I am getting married to Theo! woohooo!

Where did DreadHelm go? I miss him. Come back, Dread Helm, come back! :(

novice

Who is the stooge now?
Primghar said:
You silly man. I am not sure what is a coincidence, but....I will just agree. YAY. I am getting married to Theo! woohooo!
Ahhh, so Eisley is Theo. :up:

novice

Who is the stooge now?
Eisley said:
Christ died for all of our sins, rendering the death penalty useless.
Hmmm, so after Christ's death you believe the death penalty is "useless"?

Do you believe the book of Revelation is also a part of God's word?

Eisley

BANNED
Banned
Yay, I just learned an amazing word! Obfuscate. Did you have to look that one up, or did you just know it?

novice

Who is the stooge now?
Eisley said:
Yes, and I also believe that it is thoroughly misinterpreted.
Of course you do! :chuckle:

Please reinterpret the following verse for us....

Revelation 13:9 If anyone has an ear, let him hear. 10 He who leads into captivity shall go into captivity; he who kills with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

Eisley

BANNED
Banned
And I obviously meant the DP carried out by Christians, not the instance where Christ died for all of our sins, rendering the death penalty useless.

I'm not talking about Christ's death!!

Eisley

BANNED
Banned
oh, what version of the bible are you using? NIV: "If anyoen is to go into captivity, into captivity he will go, If anyone is to be killed with the sword, with the sword he will be killed" This verse isn't talking about the death penalty, it is talking about the predestination of events....that is why it addresses the perseverance of the saints. It is a verse given as hope and comfort.

novice

Who is the stooge now?
Eisley said:
I'm not talking about Christ's death!!
Theo you asked "how is God glorified through the DP?" And I answered you in a ROCK solid way.

You want another answer?

How is God glorified through the death penalty? Simple! Government is God's minister and we should glorify Him by properly fulfilling our role as God's minister to inflict wrath on evil-doers.

Romans 13:3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. 4 For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

When we fail in our obligation we profane God.

Ezekiel 13:19 “And will you profane Me among My people for handfuls of barley and for pieces of bread, killing people who should not die, and keeping people alive who should not live, by your lying to My people who listen to lies?”

novice

Who is the stooge now?
Eisley said:
oh, what version of the bible are you using? NIV: "If anyoen is to go into captivity, into captivity he will go, If anyone is to be killed with the sword, with the sword he will be killed" This verse isn't talking about the death penalty, it is talking about the predestination of events....that is why it addresses the perseverance of the saints. It is a verse given as hope and comfort.
Ah... another HIV user eh? :hammer:

Here is another one for you to "reinterpret".

And I heard the angel of the waters saying: "You are righteous, O Lord... because You have judged these things. For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and You have given them blood to drink. For it is their just due." Rev. 16:5-6

"just due" Theo???? :think:

Eisley

BANNED
Banned
romans 13:3, please look at context, this passage is about authority (i.e. the sword) and paying taxes.

Ezekiel 13:19, and should we also kill those who hate their brother? Jesus says that this is the same as if they murdered him....(hint: Ezekiel was under the OLD COVENANT where blood was demanded for sins...now christ's blood has paid for believer's sins!)

Eisley

BANNED
Banned
And I heard the angel of the waters saying: "You are righteous, O Lord... because You have judged these things. For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and You have given them blood to drink. For it is their just due." Rev. 16:5-6

You are leaving out a very important part of this passage....

"Just are you, O Holy One, who is and who was,
for you brought these judgements. For they have shed the blood of the saints and prophets, and you have given them blood to drink. It is what they deserve!" (ESV)

I'm confused by this one. are you saying that the saints and prophets deserved to have their blood drank by those whom the Lord brought judgements against?

Status
Not open for further replies.