Battle Talk ~ BR XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

novice

Who is the stooge now?
Eisley said:
I don't understand ignorant psychobabble. Sorry, Novice.
Primghar, "ignorant psychobabble"???

Wow, you are a mean one aren't you?

Was that comment really called for?

Eisley

BANNED
Banned
You continued to claim it was "irrelevant" ...and after all that I didn't call your intellect or your honesty into question.

So, now claiming that something is irrelevant means that one didn't understand it. Ah, the logic of five-year-olds.

novice

Who is the stooge now?
Eisley said:
I'm here to talk about the debate, not answer ridiculous questions.
Go tell Theo to get you a cold drink from the fridge and we can get started "talking about the debate". OK?

All set now?

Who would like to respond to my post that I posted twice before with no response?

Theo? Primghar? Eisley? Phantastes?

Let me re-post....

Primghar said:
That is not true. If your 16-year-old son stole money from you, you would forgive him. But you would still make him give the money back and possibly take away his license for a week or make him clean the house or something, but you have still forgiven him for his wrong.
I think it's rather obvious you do not understand what forgiveness means.

What you have described above is my son "paying the price" for his disobedience.

You have confused restitution with forgiveness.

It seems to me you and Theo are attempting to redefine forgiveness. Let ask you something... do you believe that you need to add anything to the forgiveness that Jesus offers on the cross? Do you need to "give the money back", "clean the house" or have your license "taken away" (to borrow from your analogy above)?

Do you believe that to attain forgiveness you need to not only repent but to pay restitution?

I do not believe people should be given the death penalty; I believe they should be forgiven and punished--but not executed. I am not sure why that is so difficult to understand.
It's difficult for you to explain because you are forced to alter the meaning of the word forgiveness to make your point.

What you describe as forgiveness... is actually restitution.

Primghar

BANNED
Banned
I refuse to act decent, Eisley.

I have a number of things to say concerning Turbo's last post. I am very disappointed in the way he switched from 2nd to 3rd then to 1st and back to 2nd person point of view, tsk, tsk, tut, tut.

"Examining what Theo has supposedly accomplished so far for the AV:"
I have a question for Turbo: What have YOU accomplished so far? Even if you do not believe theo has accomplished anything, he set goals and is working toward them. I fail to see where you HAVE accomplished something.

What the heck is this?
"Theo has broken ranks with his professor."
That is stupid; Theo never said he was in an alliance with the professor and he never said he agreed with everything that his professor said. Plus, that is just a really dumb argument for Turbo to make--what is your point here, Turbo??

It sometimes seemed as though Turbo was arguing for complete forgiveness with no consequences. I am so confused!!

"What's more, you brought up the story of Nineveh, in which an entire city repented of their sins at the threat of being executed, shortly before arguing that the death penalty is not a deterrent. You undermine your own arguments at every turn!"
Turbo, you are silly. The death penalty is not a deterrent! I think the strange results of theo's statistics show that. I think we should also pay attention to the part of the story of Ninevah when God has "COMPASSION" on the town....it seems like many of the people supporting the death penalty have little or NO compassion. Why is that?

"And again I will point out that you advocate that government should imprison criminals, which also requires judgment."
Right, but the judgment imprisoning someone does not take away their chance for salvation like execution does.

"Of course, I am not advocating that anyone ought to judge carelessly, but as the Lord taught, we are to "judge with righteous judgment" (John 7:24)
Turbo, can you please explain how we "judge with righteous judgment"? Because, obviously, being a Christian does not make your judgment righteous? So, how do we know????

The Death Penalty is a Powerful Deterrent.
wow, so, you quoted yourself. But you really have no evidence for this being true. However, good job at remembering what you said.
When the death penalty is administered consistently, swiftly, and painfully upon conviction of capital crimes, the incidence of those crimes is minimized.
And this made ABSOLUTE NO SENSE. Because you stated yourself that the death penalty is NOT "administered consistently, swiftly, and painfully upon conviction," therefore, it CANNOT be a deterrent, so how does that support your case?
"Do you not see the glaring inconsistency in your view? Maybe I need to point it out a few dozen more times."
This statement could also be used against you, Turbo. Shhhh.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Eisley said:
So, now claiming that something is irrelevant means that one didn't understand it. Ah, the logic of five-year-olds.
Your lack of understanding was not the only possibility I listed.

novice

Who is the stooge now?
Wow.... as bad as theo is doing in the actual debate pales in comparison to how he and his multiple usernames are doing in this thread. :chuckle:

Primghar

BANNED
Banned
novice said:
Go tell Theo to get you a cold drink from the fridge and we can get started "talking about the debate". OK?

All set now?

Who would like to respond to my post that I posted twice before with no response?

Theo? Primghar? Eisley? Phantastes?

Let me re-post....

I think it's rather obvious you do not understand what forgiveness means.

What you have described above is my son "paying the price" for his disobedience.

You have confused restitution with forgiveness.

It seems to me you and Theo are attempting to redefine forgiveness. Let ask you something... do you believe that you need to add anything to the forgiveness that Jesus offers on the cross? Do you need to "give the money back", "clean the house" or have your license "taken away" (to borrow from your analogy above)?

Do you believe that to attain forgiveness you need to not only repent but to pay restitution?

It's difficult for you to explain because you are forced to alter the meaning of the word forgiveness to make your point.

What you describe as forgiveness... is actually restitution.

Now, Novice, I already told you I wasn't going to answer those questions...And why are you asking Eisley or Theo to answer them; I was the one you were having the conversation with! I am jealous...you don't want to talk to me anymore....

GuySmiley

Primghar said:
The Death Penalty is a Powerful Deterrent.
wow, so, you quoted yourself. But you really have no evidence for this being true. However, good job at remembering what you said.
When the death penalty is administered consistently, swiftly, and painfully upon conviction of capital crimes, the incidence of those crimes is minimized.
And this made ABSOLUTE NO SENSE. Because you stated yourself that the death penalty is NOT "administered consistently, swiftly, and painfully upon conviction," therefore, it CANNOT be a deterrent, so how does that support your case?
"Do you not see the glaring inconsistency in your view? Maybe I need to point it out a few dozen more times."
This statement could also be used against you, Turbo. Shhhh.
Do you see a difference between the merits of the DP as it is implemented in the US and the merits of the DP in general. I don't think Turbo, (in fact he blatantly stated) is a fan of the DP as it is currently used in the US. theo is making arguments that don't even address Turbo's position by using statistics about the DP in the US.

Eisley

BANNED
Banned
Attacking people personally is the worst form of debate. I apologize for what I said about you being ignorant. Ad hominim does is certainly not evidence for either side of the debate's arguments.

Eisley

BANNED
Banned
One thing I don't understand, is why Turbo insists that Theo submit authority to the gov. (and our government (U.S. or worldwide) is completely undecided on the subject of the DP, when he says over and over that our gov. does not do it correctly! Make up your mind, Turbo! you either have to submit to the gov. on this issue and respect how they are doing it, or you have freedom of speech to express your views....but then so do we!

Primghar

BANNED
Banned
novice said:
Why not?

You aren't a very good actor are you?

I already told you why not--twice! And...I am a woman, so I would be an actress, not an actor. And no, I am not, although I did play a troll in preschool in a rendition of "Three Billy Goats Gruff." I was a sweet troll. And I had my hair crimped and wore Osh Kosh overalls. Plus, I was one of the seven dwarfs from snow white in like 6th grade, wore a pink hat, pretty rockin'.

You should be able to tell the difference between me and Theo and Eisley, 'cause I don't use big words...and I really DONT know what relativist means. I don't know what restitution means either, which is one reason why I stopped answering your questions.

Army of One

Eisley said:
One thing I don't understand, is why Turbo insists that Theo submit authority to the gov. (and our government (U.S. or worldwide) is completely undecided on the subject of the DP, when he says over and over that our gov. does not do it correctly! Make up your mind, Turbo! you either have to submit to the gov. on this issue and respect how they are doing it, or you have freedom of speech to express your views....but then so do we!
Can you point to where Turbo has made this argument?

Status
Not open for further replies.