Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninjashadow

What's the difference between soft delete and hard delete? Is a soft delete mean that the post is basically gone, but the post still counts as a post?

julie21

When you rep a poster, is there a set number of other posters you must rep before you can give rep to the first one again? Sorry if this has been asked already :)

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
ninjashadow said:
What's the difference between soft delete and hard delete? Is a soft delete mean that the post is basically gone, but the post still counts as a post?
Mods can view or restore soft deleted posts. Hard deleted posts are GONE!

Either way, the post count is reduced when the post is deleted.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
TOL advertising for Witchcraft Courses???

TOL advertising for Witchcraft Courses???

Knight,

I got a chuckle when I was reading the new fellow (Justin's) thread (the Wiccan poster) and noted the following two ads in the "Ads by Google" box toward the bottom of the screen...
  • "Blue Moon - The Most Powerful Wicca and Magic Jewelry"
  • "Train to be a Witch - Wicca Degree Programs, Attainment & Advanced Wiccan Certification"

Talk about serendipitous events... :chuckle:

Justin (Wiccan)

Zakath said:
I got a chuckle when I was reading the new fellow (Justin's) thread (the Wiccan poster) and noted the following two ads in the "Ads by Google" box toward the bottom of the screen...
  • "Blue Moon - The Most Powerful Wicca and Magic Jewelry"
  • "Train to be a Witch - Wicca Degree Programs, Attainment & Advanced Wiccan Certification"

Talk about serendipitous events... :chuckle:

Google's ad-server searches the page that the ad is on for relevant keywords ... in this case, "Wiccan."

That being said, the two ads you cite are perfect proof that Barnham was right ... only I think the birth-rate has gone up since he said it.

:chuckle:

Justin

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Justin (Wiccan) said:
Google's ad-server searches the page that the ad is on for relevant keywords ... in this case, "Wiccan."
Pretty slick! :thumb:

That being said, the two ads you cite are perfect proof that Barnham was right ... only I think the birth-rate has gone up since he said it.

:chuckle:

Justin
So when a certain itinerant exorcist posts we should see ads for eliminating ignorance and supersitition? :think:

Justin (Wiccan)

Zakath said:
So when a certain itinerant exorcist posts we should see ads for eliminating ignorance and supersitition? :think:

In a perfect world you might ... alas, as good as Google is, they're not perfect.

Well, like most corporations, it could be said that they're "perfectly greedy," :greedy: but that's a topic for a different thread. :chuckle:

Justin

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Justin (Wiccan) said:

Justin
Yes Justin is correct. And I recommend that if you are a homo or a wiccan you click on those links of interest when you see them.

Justin (Wiccan)

Knight said:
Yes Justin is correct. And I recommend that if you are a homo or a wiccan you click on those links of interest when you see them.

Hmm. Well, I only fall into one of the two categories (Wiccan), and I don't particularly care for the companies advertizing through Google, so how about if I pass. ;)

Justin

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Knight said:
Since I'm neither, I'll just refrain, thanks. ;)

Justin (Wiccan)

Zakath said:
The latter - nectar of the Tuatha de Danann. Slaintè! ;)

Eww! Hops is an evil, pernicious weed.

That's why the Gods gave us mead: because they love us, and want us to be happy. (That's also why they invented the designated driver ... but that's a topic for another thread.)

J

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Justin (Wiccan) said:
Eww! Hops is an evil, pernicious weed.

That's why the Gods gave us mead: because they love us, and want us to be happy. (That's also why they invented the designated driver ... but that's a topic for another thread.)

J
To each their own. :cheers:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Justin (Wiccan) said:
Hmm. Well, I only fall into one of the two categories (Wiccan), and I don't particularly care for the companies advertizing through Google, so how about if I pass. ;)

Justin
You don't care for companies that advertise through Google????

Well.... all righty then.

Status
Not open for further replies.