Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin (Wiccan)

Knight said:
You don't care for companies that advertise through Google????

Well.... all righty then.

Nah ... I usually adblock Google scripts coming up on non-google sites. Hey, that's how Google makes their money, and I'm all for that, but I got into the habit of being really parsimonious with my bandwidth when I was on dial-up.

Justin

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Justin (Wiccan) said:
Nah ... I usually adblock Google scripts coming up on non-google sites. Hey, that's how Google makes their money, and I'm all for that, but I got into the habit of being really parsimonious with my bandwidth when I was on dial-up.

Justin
FYI: There is a low bandwidth style for TOL. You can select it at the bottom of every TOL page, it's called ASDial-up.

Or you can set it as your default in your USER CP.

C

cattyfan

I apologize in advance if you've already answered this:

If someone with a negative/red box reputation give a positive/green box poster negative rep, does it count as positive points? (the double negative = a positive thing)

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Kight
I notice that my rep power and the power of others is increasing while yours is not. Does that mean the maxium power is 75

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
deardelmar said:
Knight
I notice that my rep power and the power of others is increasing while yours is not. Does that mean the power maxium power is 75
I can set the admin's rep power to any number. I thought 75 was a good number.

I have also decided not to rep others very often. I don't want to play a too big a role in how the votes come out. I ONLY rep when I feel its necessary (positively or negatively).

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
cattyfan said:
I apologize in advance if you've already answered this:

If someone with a negative/red box reputation give a positive/green box poster negative rep, does it count as positive points? (the double negative = a positive thing)
:ha: no... but that is a funny idea.

Lovejoy

Knight said:
:ha: no... but that is a funny idea.
I though about that too, as the only negative rep I have gotten was from a zero guy. It seems that would be system quickly abused by the nuts, though. Still funny...

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Is it just me or does the homepage seem to take longer to load than it use to? :think:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Well, while everyone is agreeing with me, let me ask another one.

Does anyone else think the font is TOO SMALL?

Not that I'm complaining! :)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Clete said:
Well, while everyone is agreeing with me, let me ask another one.

Does anyone else think the font is TOO SMALL?

Not that I'm complaining! :)
The font in the posts?

I have already increased its size twice.

Its plenty big on my screen.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Knight said:
The font in the posts?

I have already increased its size twice.

Its plenty big on my screen.

No not in the posts, that font is pretty good. It's the font that is used when you are typing a post. It's so small that I can't tell for sure exactly where my cursor is when I back space to do a correction or something.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Clete said:
No not in the posts, that font is pretty good. It's the font that is used when you are typing a post. It's so small that I can't tell for sure exactly where my cursor is when I back space to do a correction or something.

Exactly!

Status
Not open for further replies.