Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
2 - Is the "Autosmite" feature being used by admins even now? I kind of want to see someone be...smote? smited? In any case, I didn't see much past the original announcement by Turbo. Just curious.
Auto-smite simply means that when a user receives multiple infractions the system will automatically ban them for pre-determined amounts of time.

skeptech

Knight, you're a jerk.

Knight, you're a jerk.

Knight said:
Do the bounds of your stupidity have no limits? I seriously think you need to find another forum to participate on, maybe one where all the members are as stupid as you are.
This is your version of an artful and clever response? A constructive rebuke? I feel sorry for your 6 kids and their friends, if this is the example you set for them.

I think your head has gotten way too big from playing God in this forum for so long. Next time you're in church, why don't you meditate for a while about the value of showing a little genuine compassion, understanding, and humility here.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This is your version of an artful and clever response?
Yes.
A constructive rebuke?
Yes.
I feel sorry for your 6 kids and their friends, if this is the example you set for them.
I know... I know... I need to be more harsh. Thanks, I will try harder next time.

I think your head has gotten way too big from playing God in this forum for so long. Next time you're in church, why don't you meditate for a while about the value of showing a little genuine compassion, understanding, and humility here.
You want me to tolerate stupid? :idunno:

Why?

fool

Hall of Fame
Auto-smite simply means that when a user receives multiple infractions the system will automatically ban them for pre-determined amounts of time.

We need an "autosmote" tee-shirt to distinguish these points people from the good old fashion go-down-in-flames "banned".

Jahdal

Back to the origins of TOL

Back to the origins of TOL

I originally posted this somewhere else, but has since lost it and was afraid you might not see it since it wasn't in a well trafficked area. Just a couple questions:

1. Were you the original creator of TOL, or did you and some friends just start emailing each other so much you all thought it'd be easier to just have a forum to talk about theology?
  2. What ever happened to "Knight Cam"?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
You may be interested in this.

Its still there. :)

Now you could write a book about that! I think it is about the strangest thing I ever heard! In Texas, when I was an administrator, just knowing someone was possibly a transsexual, it would lead to an inquiry, the transsexual would have to come to work dressed as a man (note: under Texas law, one’s sex is determined by genes, unless mitigating circumstances prevail, such as AIS) and not discuss his personal life about being transsexual with other staff. Moreover, he would have to have a psychiatric examination and be found mentally adjusted to work at the job. If you think this is speculation, then I will say it happened once and the perspective employee was not hired. If you think this happened in the dark ages, it was in 1994.

I know jobs are important, but if I had to face something as bizarre as that, plus listen to one remark that offended my person, or denigrated me in any way. I would have left and I would wish to return with a bag of rotten vegetables and proceed to bombard it! I may not do that last part, but it would be on my mind.

As I said, I never knew a homosexual but I did send a policy memo that one openly displaying odd behavior that would indicate the advertisement of being homosexual would be fired. That policy was not negated or actively enforced, thus is was similar to the way the military handled the situation.

Just thinking about how TOL started with a reaction to a big freak is funny:cheers:

bybee

No doubt, God's "knowing" and God's "doing" are two separate actions. It seems logical that God knows all possibilities but but through the granting of free will to humans He let's us live our lives according to our own choices. The ability to be forgiven allows the contrite heart to learn and grow in goodness. We are, surely, "works in progress".

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No doubt, God's "knowing" and God's "doing" are two separate actions. It seems logical that God knows all possibilities but but through the granting of free will to humans He let's us live our lives according to our own choices. The ability to be forgiven allows the contrite heart to learn and grow in goodness. We are, surely, "works in progress".

:thumb:

Jahdal

Maye your case here. Maybe somebody will pick up the tab. :)

With the economy in such bad shape, my conscious would feel pricked if I were to take away someone else's money they could've used for something for their family. Thanks anyway. I just wanted to go to the woodshed to see what banned different people. I just thought of the Knight cam because I saw a much larger link in an older TOL version.

You may be interested in this.

So how did you think, "I'm going to start a forum", at that time? What was the reason?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Such bad shape? While it isn't how it could be, the economy today is larger than it was at any previous point. Capital grows with capitalism.

Our economy is growing, not receding. Although with the coming tax hikes, lay offs always happen.

Jahdal

Such bad shape? While it isn't how it could be, the economy today is larger than it was at any previous point. Capital grows with capitalism.

Our economy is growing, not receding. Although with the coming tax hikes, lay offs always happen.

I need to move where you are then. Here it's pretty rough.

Jahdal

Question for Knight

Question for Knight

Who came up with the saying, "Open Rebuke is Better Than..."?

How did you come up with it?

After reading your story, I wondered what drove you to say, "I'm going to start a forum."?

Status
Not open for further replies.