Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Is it a stolen credit card?

:)

No, it's actually a new one, but I used it last week when I bought a gift subscription.

I'd use my debit card but the 3 digit number on the back is worn off and I never wrote it down. :doh:

Sometimes technology can be a real pain in the......

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No, it's actually a new one, but I used it last week when I bought a gift subscription.

I'd use my debit card but the 3 digit number on the back is worn off and I never wrote it down. :doh:

Sometimes technology can be a real pain in the......
Let me know (on this thread) if you get it to work because I am not at my computer right now so if I need to manually setup your account I will need to know if the payment was made.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Hey, Knight, what's the deal with Sozo's signiature? Y'know, the "Godrulz is a Godless demon from Hell" one? Is it within or outside of the rules? If it's within the rules, can I make that my signiature too?

Granted, I see he changed it. :noid:

Mystery

Hey, Knight, what's the deal with Sozo's signiature? Y'know, the "Godrulz is a Godless demon from Hell" one?
That wasn't it. I said he is "demon possessed". Claiming that godrulz is from hell, would not make any sense, and it would be untrue.

Granted, I see he changed it.
Only my signature has changed, but the fact has not. However, I still have hope that it will change someday. :up:

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Alright, Knight, new question on the rules. I am confused about the rules concerning links. I had recently received a three day vacation from a certain moderator (whom I'll not currently name) for posting a music video by The OffSpring, which, for the record, I'd like to point out has played on air at least by the radio.

In the past, I had always thought that giving links to other sites containing vulgar language was acceptable, assuming A) the vulgar language is not excessive, B)there is nothing else otherwise wrong with the site (like, for example, nudity or something of the sort, and C) a warning was posted near the link saying that the vulgar language is present.

For the record, I didn't think it was excessive, insofar as A) you don't have to confirm your age to youtube to watch the video and B) as I said, it's played on the radio.

When I was still on the Apologist account, this was (I think) what I was told by one of the mods (I think it was either One Eyed Jack or Nineveh...one of the two).

Granted, the link to The Offspring's video was via a youtube link.

I am confused.

Are the rules different for youtube links and general links?

Was I misinformed in the first place?

I don't understand. What's the current ruling in the matter?

If it wasn't against the rules, would you mind retracting the infraction that I received?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Alright, Knight, new question on the rules. I am confused about the rules concerning links. I had recently received a three day vacation from a certain moderator (whom I'll not currently name) for posting a music video by The OffSpring, which, for the record, I'd like to point out has played on air at least by the radio.

In the past, I had always thought that giving links to other sites containing vulgar language was acceptable, assuming A) the vulgar language is not excessive, B)there is nothing else otherwise wrong with the site (like, for example, nudity or something of the sort, and C) a warning was posted near the link saying that the vulgar language is present.

For the record, I didn't think it was excessive, insofar as A) you don't have to confirm your age to youtube to watch the video and B) as I said, it's played on the radio.

When I was still on the Apologist account, this was (I think) what I was told by one of the mods (I think it was either One Eyed Jack or Nineveh...one of the two).

Granted, the link to The Offspring's video was via a youtube link.

I am confused.

Are the rules different for youtube links and general links?

Was I misinformed in the first place?

I don't understand. What's the current ruling in the matter?

If it wasn't against the rules, would you mind retracting the infraction that I received?
Keep in mind.....

Nobody likes you.

You are a knucklehead Catholic racist. I am guessing most TOL moderators are looking for reasons to ban you. Therefore if you want to remain on TOL you will need to take extra special care and not even post the slightest thing that could be considered a rules violation. Know what I mean? It's almost as if you are on double-secret probation. :)

Granite

Hall of Fame
Keep in mind.....

Nobody likes you.

You are a knucklehead Catholic racist. I am guessing most TOL moderators are looking for reasons to ban you. Therefore if you want to remain on TOL you will need to take extra special care and not even post the slightest thing that could be considered a rules violation. Know what I mean? It's almost as if you are on double-secret probation. :)

:devil: :bow:

Music to my ears, boss.

Question, what gave you the idea of founding TOL, assuming it was you?

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
You act surprised. :idunno:

I don't understand. If I am that completely unliked by the mods, then why don't you just ban me for creating another account after already having been banned? I mean, it's not like you really need an excuse to get rid of me. :confused:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't understand. If I am that completely unliked by the mods, then why don't you just ban me for creating another account after already having been banned? I mean, it's not like you really need an excuse to get rid of me. :confused:
We are giving you an "oh so ever small" 2nd chance.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Keep in mind.....

Nobody likes you.

Actually, he's talking about me. :chuckle: I don't dislike him. I was going to give him a warning but, because he had so many points (I guess), it would only let me give him an infraction.

I treated him the same way I would treat anyone else on TOL.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Actually, he's talking about me. :chuckle: I don't dislike him. I was going to give him a warning but, because he had so many points (I guess), it would only let me give him an infraction.

I treated him the same way I would treat anyone else on TOL.
Wow! You ban everyone?!! Wait wait .. Knight .. does ebenz ban everyone?

:chuckle:

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wow! You ban everyone?!! Wait wait .. Knight .. does ebenz ban everyone?

:chuckle:

:chuckle: No. But, I would have edited the post and given you a warning, like I tried to do with Traditio. He had enough points built up that I had to give him an infraction.

ShadowMaid

I wasn't exactly sure where to ask this question, but I guess the first person I thought of to ask was Knight, I'll ask here.

My Tab doesn't work when I'm trying to speed my typing up and skipping from one text both to another. It hasn't been tooo much of a problem, but I would really really like to get this fixed if I can.

It works when I use it in a combination of keys, like switching from screen to screen, but it doesn't seem to work on it's own, and just beeps at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.