ARGH!!! Open Theism makes me furious!!!

Hilston

Hall of Fame
Sozo,

Since you so enthusiastically agree with godrulz cancer-cure analogy, I have some questions.

Originally posted by godrulz and agreed by Sozo
A doctor with the cure for cancer can freely offer it to all those with the death sentence of cancer.
Yes, but the cure actually can do nothing if the cancer patient has no means of acquiring it. It is an impotent, insufficient potential salvation, i.e. no salvation at all.

If some refuse to come to the loving, perfect doctor for the effective cure, it is not the doctor's fault nor is it a failure of the cure.
First of all, to what does the "cancer" allude? It can't be sin, since all sin has been paid. So what exactly gets cured by the doctor?

Second, this analogy shifts the means of salvation from the actual "cure" to the hapless cancer patient, who is too sick and weak to have the wherewithal to acquire the cure from the doctor. The analogy belies the claim that the "cure" is sufficient to save. It's not. Men become their own savior's by relying on that which scripture denounces as a means of salvation: Work and effort. That leaves us with a cure that is no cure at all, that is, until the afflicted somehow takes up his own bed and goes to get the cure. Of course, this all contradicts the claim that there is no "cancer" anymore anyway, since Jesus died for all men's sins and there is no more any guilt.

It is the patient's fault alone.
"Fault" implies sinful culpability, and I thoght you said all men's sins had been redeemed by Christ's blood.

If they would have appropriated the provision, they would have been cured.
The "if" contingency renders the "cure" insufficient to accomplish that for which it was intended. If the doctor makes enough "cure" to save the entire world's cancer, but the entire world has no means of acquiring it, the cure will not save a single life. It is intrinsically insufficient.

Earlier, Hilston asked: So are you claiming that everyone in hell, and going to hell, already has all their sins forgiven?

Originally posted by Sozo
No, I am claiming that all sin has been paid for through His blood, but some men want to pay their own way, ...
But you said, "Having your sins forgiven is not what saves you." So are you saying Christ died for the forgiveness of all sins, but nonetheless, there are sins unforgiven? Please explain.

... and so thay do not accept God's provision, even though it has clearly been made.
But if the provision has been made, there is no guilt for sin. The price has been paid, regardless of whether or not they want to "pay their own way." If Jesus went ahead and paid their way in advance, there is no "paying their own way." Their payment would be refused. And if they have to accept the payment to make it count, then there really was never a true provision, only a potential provision, which is no provision at all.

These men are still dead, and they need life.
This is puzzling. You describe guiltless, sinless men (i.e. Jesus died for their sins) who are still dead and going to hell if they don't turn in their old car keys?

... Death is separation from God.
Right. So, those in hell are there for not making the trade, not because of any sins they committed, since Christ's death paid for all their sins, right?

Hell is eternal separation from God (where you aware of that? :chuckle: ) Forgiveness of sin is in Him. It's IN HIM, Jim. ALL that God has prepared, is IN HIM ("HIM" being Jesus, of course).
Maybe someone likes having their sin forgiven, but would still rather keep their own life. What have they done to deserve eternal separation from God and torment in hell? Especially considering that all their sins are paid for.

Are you saying that God was NOT satisfied with the sacrifice of Jesus, and that it was not finished, and that the debt for all sin was not paid?
I'm just asking questions to better understand your view of the atonement. On my view, there are zero losses. God saves each and every one He chose to love and sent His Son to die for. There will be no one in hell for whom Jesus died, and they go to hell for their sins, and are punished eternally for their sins.

Hilston asked: What are we saved from?

Wrath, Sin, Law, & Death (Romans 5, 6, 7, & 8)
But I thought you said "Having your sins forgiven is not what saves you." So Christ's payment for our sin doesn't save us, yet, here you say we are saved from sin. That suggests there are a bunch of people in hell whose sins are forgiven, but still they will be tormented and punished for eternity -- for what, exactly?

No, men receive life, by the grace of God, through faith. Salvation is a free gift. Are you any relation to a guy named Jay Bartlett? What sends people to hell is their unbelief in Jesus.
If sin is disobedience to God's commands and if Jesus commanded the people to believe in Him (He even called that doing the work of God), then not believing would be a sin, right? Why didn't Jesus die for that sin, too? Godrulz says it's a different kind of sin. But isn't that then an admission that Jesus' death is insufficient to redeem men from all their sins?

John 16: 8-9
"And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin, and righteousness, and judgment; concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me
That doesn't seem to make sense, if the Holy Spirit comes after the sacrifice of Christ, which means that all sins are forgiven. Why would the Holy Spirit convict the world concerning sin after Jesus' death paid for all sin?

Their sin is what brought death.
That shouldn't be true anymore, since Christ's death paid for all sins. Now, by your statements, death comes from not trading in the old car keys. Sin has nothing to do with it, right?

The wages of sin is death...
That can't be right. You said death, "separation" from God, is the result of not trading our life for His. It has nothing to do with sin, especially given the fact that all sin has been already paid for. Should I may scratch that verse out of my Bible, because you said all sins have already been paid for and "having sins paid for does not save you."

But, there is good news (gospel), Jim!!!

The free gift of God is eternal life IN Christ Jesus!

The good news, Jim, is that it is all about Jesus. He is the redemption center. When you come to Him, you receive ALL (is that pantas, or something else :D ), that God has prepared for those who love Him. God demands that we deny ourselves (turn in the old keys) obey Christ (get the new keys), and that salvation (the car) is found in no other.
Seems to me, by what you're saying, that salvation is not really in Christ, but in ourselves, our own decision to turn in the old keys. In other words, Christ's work is impotent until we agree to the terms, which means everything He did is insufficient. It hasn't really accomplished anything. We must first add our own works to the equation in order to catalyze the potentiality of salvation. Without the catalyst, Christ's work is just an impotent, insufficient token that doesn't really accomplish anything.

In your "new car" analogy, I pointed out that you had asked the wrong question. The question is: Does everyone own a new car? If you truly purchased it in their behalf, the answer would be yes. But in actuality, since you put a stipulation on the ownership of the car, they don't really own it, which means that you really didn't buy the car for them. It isn't really their car until they've met your demands. You're basically holding the new car hostage until you get what you want, which is the keys to their old car. So the price you paid for the car does nothing for the people who want to keep their old keys. It accomplishes nothing apart from what must be added by turning in one's old car keys.

Isn't it true then, on your view, since all sin has been paid for and "having your sins forgiven is not what saves you", that we no longer need to tell the world that their sin will send them to hell?

Those who have not come to Christ to receive His life are still dead. Forgiveness of sin is found "in Him".
Did you say "Forgiveness of sin is found"? I thought all sin was paid for already. How can "forgiveness of sin be found"?

Please help me understand your view of these things.

elected4ever

Originally posted by Hilston

The Greek word for "all" is either "pantas" (accusative, plural, masculine) or "panta" (accusative, plural, neuter). The Greek word for judgment is singular and feminine. Neither "pantas" nor "panta" fits with "judgment" based on basic rules of grammar.

The problem, e4e, is that "all" is not singular! None of the manuscripts support any singular rendering of "pas."

So you've asked and answered the wrong question to make a specious case for an untenable interpretation. The right question would be, "Is there a nominative plural noun in Jesus' statement that agrees with the plural adjective without adding the word 'men' or 'things'?"

The answer is "no".

In Jn 5:22, "all" and "judgment" are in agreement (gender, number). In Jn 12:32 they are not.

I must admit to an error. All in JOHN 12: 32 IS A PLURAL NOUN not an adjective in its usage as the direct object in the sentence. The normal feminine requirement of the spelling when used as an adjective is not required. It simply means all will be drawn without respect to a specific. When men was added to the text by the translator one automatically thought in terms of an adjective. I think we all failed to make this adjustment in our thinking. I apologize for my error.:eek:

Sozo

Hilston asked: So are you claiming that everyone in hell, and going to hell, already has all their sins forgiven?

But you said, "Having your sins forgiven is not what saves you." So are you saying Christ died for the forgiveness of all sins, but nonetheless, there are sins unforgiven? Please explain.
Jim... If you are in prison, and the warden gives an unconditional release to all prisoners, are all prisoners released?

If you choose to stay in your cell, where will you die?

Yes Jim, God does solicit a response from you.

As Paul stated: "...we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God."

Why would someone "beg" the elected?

Paul makes a distinction between Jesus reconcilling us to God, and our decision to be reconciled.

But if the provision has been made, there is no guilt for sin.
There is if you do not believe it.
The price has been paid, regardless of whether or not they want to "pay their own way." If Jesus went ahead and paid their way in advance, there is no "paying their own way." Their payment would be refused.
Yes, it would be refused, but some people are stubborn, and will not be reconciled without attempting to make their own provision, and they therefore refuse God's. God will not force people to receive His life.
And if they have to accept the payment to make it count, then there really was never a true provision, only a potential provision, which is no provision at all.
That's silly, Jim. Are you telling me that you always eat everything on your plate?
This is puzzling. You describe guiltless, sinless men (i.e. Jesus died for their sins) who are still dead and going to hell if they don't turn in their old car keys?
Yes, Jim, men are dead (separated from God), and in need of Life. Sin brought death to all men (I believe that the bible teaches that all men are born into this world dead, because of the sin of Adam, and we are all born in his likeness).

"Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned-- for until the Law sin was in the world; but sin is not imputed when there is no law. Nevertheless death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over those who had not sinned in the likeness of the offense of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come."

Although the sin issue was settled, men are still dead from the effect of that sin. Remember... the wages of sin is death, but the free gift is life?

"But the free gift is not like the transgression. For if by the transgression of the one the many died, much more did the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abound to the many. And the gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned; for on the one hand the judgment arose from one transgression resulting in condemnation, but on the other hand the free gift arose from many transgressions resulting in justification. For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ. So then as through one transgression there resulted condemnation to all men, even so through one act of righteousness there resulted justification of life to all men."

It's the same all, Jim!

(Why do I have the feeling that another Greek lesson is on the way) :noid:

So, those in hell are there for not making the trade, not because of any sins they committed, since Christ's death paid for all their sins, right?
Jesus died for all sins. But, man has a condition that must be exchanged through faith in Christ. People go to hell, because of their condition (dead), which resulted from the sin of one man (Adam).

" For as through the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the One the many will be made righteous."

Maybe someone likes having their sin forgiven, but would still rather keep their own life. What have they done to deserve eternal separation from God and torment in hell? Especially considering that all their sins are paid for.
I think you just answered your own question. There is no life, apart from God.

"All of us like sheep have gone astray, Each of us has turned to his own way; But the LORD has caused the iniquity of us all To fall on Him."

So Christ's payment for our sin doesn't save us, yet, here you say we are saved from sin.
Yes, those who are in Christ (have the life of God), are free from sin. The forgiveness is in Christ. Jesus is the provision. If you are hungry, and someone gives you an apple (let's say from the tree of life, for example), it's not in you until you eat it!

That suggests there are a bunch of people in hell whose sins are forgiven, but still they will be tormented and punished for eternity -- for what, exactly?
For being dead, because they would not accept the forgiveness that is in Him.

Jim... The forgiveness has been provided for all men, but it is in Him. Again, look at the apple. If I offer eternal life, and place it in the apple, it is not in you until you accept and partake.

I'll try and get to your other questions soon, but it appears that we are both repeating ourselves.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

I didn't say I wasn't a pastor. I just don't refer to myself as one. I'm also a Girard High School graduate. I don't refer to myself as that either. I'm only a pastor to my church; no one else. It isn't a title. It is a description of role I share with four other men as an occupation and a responsibility.
When I said....

"It's kind of sad really and it does little for your case. It blows my mind that you actually refer to yourself as a pastor."

You responded with....
I don't. That's your first false assumption.
Yet you really DO refer to yourself as a Pastor, right here in your own profile!

Tell me again who is obfuscating?????? :kookoo:

godrulz

Hall of Fame

:thumb:

Thx for the thumb. I will try to not let it go to my head. It is a pleasure when we agree on things. We should always strive to take sides with 'truth' regardless of the person who holds it.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by logos_x

1Co 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
1Co 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
1Co 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
1Co 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
1Co 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

How does this fit in if our destinies are fixed at physical death?

Faith or unbelief determines our destinies (heaven/hell).

Works determine our degree of rewards/responsibilities. (severity of sin determines degree of punishment)

I Cor. 3 is not a context about destinies (John 3 deals with this). It is in a context of divisions in the church. It is addressed to believers who were being immature. It is not about unbelievers who perish.
v.13 work
v. 14 reward

Your arguments against hell are sentimental. They minimize God's holiness and justice, and maximize man's goodness. Hell is a place of separation from God where God-haters live out their selfish lives. They do not want God in this life and lose Him in the next. It is not a medieval torture chamber. It was prepared for the devil and demons and never intended for man. If a man rejects the cure to death (cross/Christ), they will experience the wages of sin: physical, spiritual, eternal death/separation.

Last edited:

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Hilston:

Parables have one central truth. The details are not meant to form doctrine on each point.

Our analogies are imperfect and limited and meant to illustrate the plausibility of a principle. They are not meant to be hyper-analyzed looking for every non-parallel idea or to convey deep spiritual/didactic truth.

It seems to me there are misunderstandings and logical fallacies floating around in our discussions. Some comments seem to reflect a lack of understanding of each other's views or jumping to conclusions with indefensible counter-responses.

Statements are made accusing other's of views that do not necessarily follow from their arguments. Wrong assumptions like taking the first century metaphor of a payment and reading our 20th century concepts back into it (vs redeemed/slavery contexts, etc.) leads to wrong conclusions and confusion. Do not press the payment analogy too far or you will have trouble not becoming a universalist (everyone saved) or a Calvinist (only the elect can be saved). There is an alternate, mediate view that is more cogent.

logos_x

Originally posted by godrulz

Your arguments against hell are sentimental.

I haven't argued against Hell. I have argued against eternal conscious torment.
Sentemental? Okay...that's acceptable. Eternal conscious torment is monsterous cruelty masquerading as God's justice.

They minimize God's holiness and justice, and maximize man's goodness.

Where is God's justice in eternal conscious torment?
There is no justice, even by using an old testament standard of justice (eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth).

Your saying that maximizing God's "justice" and minimizing man's goodness is the way to go?
Judging by history...that approch hasn't worked out to well.

Eternal conscious torment represents God acting immoraly and vindictively with cruelty and hatred. It negates God's love and mercy for millions.
And the message is corrupted with all this eternal conscious torment baggage we are expected to carry around.

Hell is a place of separation from God where God-haters live out their selfish lives.

Thought it was a place of death and destruction.
If they are separated from God...how are they alive under conditions of burning and torture?
Or...are you saying the flames are a metaphor for "other people"?

They do not want God in this life and lose Him in the next.

They don't? Do they even know what they want?
And they won't lose Him in the next if God has anything to say about it.
(oh, wait...He has!)

It is not a medieval torture chamber.

Whew! that's a relief!

It was prepared for the devil and demons and never intended for man.

Yeah...never intended for man.
Funny how God's intentions seem to get lost in the shuffle.

If a man rejects the cure to death (cross/Christ), they will experience the wages of sin: physical, spiritual, eternal death/separation.

This is true. Eternal life is in Christ only.
But, you are included before you can be excluded.
The key word is REJECTION.
Most people that die aren't rejecting God or Jesus. They are rejecting the picture we paint of God. Most people can't accept the traditional concept of Hell, and reject us and our message because of it...not because they reject Him.
People have no trouble with God's goodness and how He wants them to behave. Its the bad that's attributed to God in the tradition and it's contradiction with a loving and merciful God that doesn't add up.
There's no question..the traditional view of Hell as eternal conscious torment is a very big stick....biggest anyone can find. And its being used in a fashion of incredible arrogance and manipulation. Follow me...do as I say...or you will burn forever.
That is what is being rejected! And rightly so!

Last edited:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by natewood3

Poly,
Just because it is a sore spot does not mean that you should criticize in the way you did.

Just how long do you plan on whining about this? Any chance you'll be getting over it some time soon?

However, I did not find anything I said "double talk" and I did not see where you proceeded to show me why it was double talk. I also did not see where you showed me why my "style" was childish. You came across arrogant, acting as if I was a dumb child with whom you had absolutely no time to discuss anything. THAT is what got to me, not necessarily the words...
It's simple, Natewood, no matter how much you try to complicate it, the plain and simple truth is that you as well as countless others believing in predestination, talk out of both sides of your mouth. Every time you say that God is not the author of sin, yet ordains each and everything to occur you contradict yourself. You say that man takes the full responsibility of his sin yet God predestined that sin to occur. You say that man is wrong for not choosing God yet God chose to 'reveal' His son to a certain few. Try as you may to get around it but a 1st grader could see that this is nothing more than double talk.

You say I misrepresent the OV; PLEASE correct me when I do. I am here to learn and discuss. So, if I misrepresent, then correct me so I will know.
This is another thing that I get really sick of. You keep saying you are here to learn as if you're open to any reasoning that anybody would have to show you. Balony! At least be honest enough to admit why you're here. You want to state the so called case for predestination... period. So don't come across with this supposed "how can you attack me? I'm only here to learn" business. I don't buy it.
BTW, HOW did I misrepresent the OV?
Why should I show you? So you can come back and say that you weren't misrepresenting it? Though I'm wasting my time, I'll post some anyway lest you come back and try to say that I was trying to avoid showing how you have done this.

GIT, I thought you were smarter than that?! You judge the Bible by your experiences?! I agree that is what OVers do, but I have never seen them say it!

The OV wants to make God personal and loving and caring, but yet when they throw away the fact that God loved specific people personally, WHILE THEY WERE YET SINNERS (how can God love sinners when they are not yet sinners???), God becomes depersonalized and not the God of the Bible, Who loved His Bride and gave Himself for HER.
This seems to fit what the OVers have done. I am not saying they are willingly and trying to do this, but in their attempt to keep their idea of libertarian free will, they have made themselves the reference and standard by which God is judged. They take ideas from people who were deemed heretical in church history. I have a hard time believing something that was once heretical, but now in our Western culture and time it is considered "biblical."
Your view (which I agree there is corporate election) makes God ordain entire nations to Hell, because obviously Israel was the only nation who received the promises of the covenant...but Paul makes it clear it was only the elect who really obtained, not just physical Israel...
Again, what you are saying is that God comes to people, TRYING to convert them, but they just won't let Him have His will. As Bruce Ware would say, "Your God is too small."

You bolded the word "need" in "He has no need to plan to 'happen to reveal His Son..." I did not say He NEEDED to do that either, so I am confused as to why you would say that. Also, as I said to Turbo, you believe your God's "power, authority and influence is so great that He can reveal Himself to the whole world and have no doubts that there will be people who will accept Him." His power, authority, and influence is obviously very weak, it seems to me at least, because most people will reject Him.
Why must it mean that God's power and authority is weak just because most will reject Him? It's the very fact that He is not weak that makes most reject Him. It's His righteousness that causes most men to deny Him. They prefer darkness no matter how bright the light shines.
In my view, which probably doesn't matter to you, I believe that when Christ reveals Himself so people see Him as He really is in all His glory in the death, burial, and resurrection, then they will respond, not because Christ forced them, but because they now are able to see Christ without the blinders and hear His words of invitation.
Where have I ever disagreed with this? But be honest here and show where we differ on this. When you say that "Christ reveals Himself so people see Him....you're only speaking of certain individuals that He chose to reveal them to. You don't think that God 'revealed' His glory to all men and then let man make up his own mind, freely whether or not they wanted to accept Him.
I say it is the most loving thing He could do for any human being. Why does He not do it to all? Christ came to redeem a special people, His Bride...

He does do it for ALL people. Here again your being less than honest with this question. You're really asking "Why didn't God predestine all men to be saved?" Because that is not really loving. God could predestine to have a "special people" choose Him or He could reveal Himself to all men and see who would choose Him. As you've been shown in the past (and it seems to do no good) Love is not love unless you have the option to not love.

Last edited:

Hilston

Hall of Fame

Jim... If you are in prison, and the warden gives an unconditional release to all prisoners, are all prisoners released?
Wrong question. If you have been granted unconditional absolution of all crimes, can you still a prisoner of the state? The answer is no, even if you choose to stay in your cell.

If you choose to stay in your cell, where will you die?
Wrong question: If you choose to stay in your cell, are you guilty of any of the crimes that put you there in the first place? The answer is no.

Why would someone "beg" the elected?
Same reason why God gives prescriptions to the eternally secure.

Hilston wrote: But if the provision has been made, there is no guilt for sin.

There is if you do not believe it.
Then there is no provision. If pardon is truly and effectually provided, it doesn't matter if the person accepts it or not. He is still pardoned. He is no longer a prisoner.

Hilston wrote: quote:
The price has been paid, regardless of whether or not they want to "pay their own way." If Jesus went ahead and paid their way in advance, there is no "paying their own way." Their payment would be refused.

Yes, it would be refused, but some people are stubborn, and will not be reconciled without attempting to make their own provision, and they therefore refuse God's.
It's a judicial matter. Has the demands of justice been satisfied by Christ's death or not? If so, then there is no guilt, and by your logic, it guiltless people suffer in hell simply for not having life.

God will not force people to receive His life. That's silly, Jim.
I'm not saying He does or needs to.

Although the sin issue was settled, men are still dead from the effect of that sin.
And they suffer in hell for eternity for being dead. Sin has nothing to do with it. Stalin and Ghandi suffer equally in hell forever. Is that correct?

Jesus died for all sins. But, man has a condition that must be exchanged through faith in Christ. People go to hell, because of their condition (dead), which resulted from the sin of one man (Adam).
What is the rationale behind God sending men to hell just because they don't have life? Is He somehow offended by the lack of life?

Yes, those who are in Christ (have the life of God), are free from sin. The forgiveness is in Christ. Jesus is the provision. If you are hungry, and someone gives you an apple (let's say from the tree of life, for example), it's not in you until you eat it!
But the fruit is impotent and insufficient until it's eaten. By your own analogy, you relegate Christ's work to impotence and insufficiency.

Hilston asked: That suggests there are a bunch of people in hell whose sins are forgiven, but still they will be tormented and punished for eternity -- for what, exactly?

For being dead, because they would not accept the forgiveness that is in Him.
I see. So is everyone in hell suffering equally, since there are no degrees of deadness?

Jim... The forgiveness has been provided for all men, but it is in Him. Again, look at the apple. If I offer eternal life, and place it in the apple, it is not in you until you accept and partake.
Again, that means the apple is not intrinsically effective. Something has to be added, namely, man's effort.

Sozo

Jim... I guess you were so busy with your Greek classes, that you missed every opportunity to take logic.

Hilston

Hall of Fame
I never had a formal Greek class. But I did have several questions in my previous post. Can you help me? Why the insult? If I'm guilty of violating logic, straighten me out. Show me the illogic of my reasoning.

Sozo

If you have been granted unconditional absolution of all crimes, can you still (be) a prisoner of the state? The answer is no, even if you choose to stay in your cell.
Jim... I'm beginning to think, you don't.

Let's try an illustration that you might understand...

If I put a meal on a plate and serve it to you, then you have been provided everything you need to solve your problem of hunger. If you do not eat it, then you will remain hungry.

You don't like the fact that God requires a response to His provision. That's just too damn bad, for you! It is the gospel! Calvinism (which you teach) is another gospel.

God has sent His Son to die for the sins of the whole world. (Like it or not). All men have been offered the free gift, and it is not an effort, nor a co-redemtive work to accept a gift. Your comments are equal to foolish questions like: When a light is turned on, where does the darkness go? :dunce::duh:

If you choose to stay in your cell, are you guilty of any of the crimes that put you there in the first place? The answer is no.
Does not matter, you are still in prison.
If pardon is truly and effectually provided, it doesn't matter if the person accepts it or not. He is still pardoned. He is no longer a prisoner.
No, he is not a prisoner, but he is still in prison until he leaves.
Has the demands of justice been satisfied by Christ's death or not? If so, then there is no guilt, and by your logic, it guiltless people suffer in hell simply for not having life.
Are you now rejecting the propitiation? Being free from guilt, forgiveness of sins, freedom from wrath, sin, law, and death are IN HIM.

You just don't get it. I have made it plain enough for a child to understand.

Salvation is IN HIM. YOU must be IN HIM to receive all that God has done. You must come out of the cell. You must eat your meal. You must deny yourself. You must repent of unbelief. You must accept the free gift of life. It is God's plan, not Jim Hilston's.

But the fruit is impotent and insufficient until it's eaten. By your own analogy, you relegate Christ's work to impotence and insufficiency.
On the contrary, it is YOU who makes Christ's sacrifice of no effect, by claiming that man does not have to do anything but be a part of your secret society of lottery winners.
What is the rationale behind God sending men to hell just because they don't have life? Is He somehow offended by the lack of life?
Yes, God is offended by death. Jesus came that we might have life, but you seem to think that the ministry of Jesus served no purpose at all.

STONE

Neither the open view or the closed view is completely scriptural; however the closed view is much closer to ariving at the truth.

Where the closed view weakens is when it fails to establish the importance of man's will, while retaining the importance of God's influence.

God_Is_Truth

Originally posted by STONE

Neither the open view or the closed view is completely scriptural; however the closed view is much closer to ariving at the truth.

Where the closed view weakens is when it fails to establish the importance of man's will, while retaining the importance of God's influence.

are you saying there's a third option besides the open and closed views? if so, what is it?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Originally posted by God_Is_Truth

are you saying there's a third option besides the open and closed views? if so, what is it?

Yeah, it' sort of like being pregnant; you either are or you aren't.

The future is either open or it is not.

Sozo

Originally posted by God_Is_Truth

It's the Ajar View, GIT!

Are you telling me you've never heard of it?