ARGH!!! Calvinism makes me furious!!!

God_Is_Truth

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Avoiding TRUTH....

Originally posted by Z Man

Those are things we recieve. But why did He save you?

grace, mercy, love.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

Those are things we recieve. But why did He save you?

Z Man,

GIT has answered your question, now I would like for you to answer your own question.

Why are you saved?

Resting in Him,
Clete

1Way

+OL remote satellite affiliate
Z Man - Thanks for responding. You said
1 Way,

if you assume that the Calvies believe God morally sins, and that we support that view, you are gravely mistaken my friend! God cannot do evil! If He kills someone, it's not evil! As Knight has said, so do I agree:
after quoting me saying
No credible source can rightly maintain that God does moral evil, the bible is only clear on the holy nature of God and His ways. Do not impugn God with (moral) evil. Sure, taking that sort of meaning out of context may be convenient for deterministic Calvinist types, but the text does not support such a horrific and ungodly thing.
No, I do not believe that the Calvinistic types believe that God morally sins. But sometimes the truth of the matter is more compelling than what people actually believe. If they teach that sin exists, and that God is the sole cause of all that happens, then the connection of God doing sin is simply a necessary resultant issue. Not all Calvinists go that far. I specified on purpose only those Calvinists who are consistent "determinists".

I hope that clarifies things. And if it does but you still disagree, please explain why.

boogerhead

Originally posted by 1Way

boogerhead - Hello, hello, this is one of my pet things. Check other translations and I'm quite sure you will find a good deal of divergence away from the KJV tradition of saying that God does evil. Most say God does calamity or brings disaster or destruction, or ruin, etc.

Isaiah 45:7
(ASV) I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil. I am Jehovah, that doeth all these things.

(WOR) I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil. I am Yahweh, who does all these things.

(WEB) I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these [things].

Job 42:11
(ASV) Then came there unto him all his brethren, and all his sisters, and all they that had been of his acquaintance before, and did eat bread with him in his house: and they bemoaned him, and comforted him concerning all the evil that Jehovah had brought upon him: every man also gave him a piece of money, and every one a ring of gold.

(BBE) And all his brothers and sisters, and his friends of earlier days, came and took food with him in his house; and made clear their grief for him, and gave him comfort for all the evil which the Lord had sent on him; and they all gave him a bit of money and a gold ring.

(WOR) Then came there to him all his brothers, and all his sisters, and all those who had been of his acquaintance before, and ate bread with him in his house. They comforted him, and consoled him concerning all the evil that Yahweh had brought on him. Everyone also gave him a piece of money, and everyone a ring of gold.

(WEB) Then came there to him all his brethren, and all his sisters, and all they that had been of his acquaintance before, and ate bread with him in his house: and they condoled with him, and comforted him over all the evil that the LORD had brought upon him: every man also gave him a piece of money, and every one an ear-ring of gold.

In the Hebrew, the more (or most) common word for evil (that is, moral bad) is the same word used for righteous punishment/destruction/ruin/calamity, and in one case, the same word was totally amoral, representing uncomely spots or blemishes on animals! So the moral nature of the word is derived by it's contextual use. God's righteousness is part of God's eternal and faithful character and ways, so it is contradictory to suggest that God does (moral) evil, yet God does punish or destroy (by way of ruin or calamity) against the wicked. And it is always righteous and good to oppose evil.

Lastly, it is claimed that in old English, the use of the word "evil" had a broader sense of use, where it may not naturally imply a moral bad, it may mean calamity, etc., so (for example) the KJV tradition is not simply wrong, but trying to assume that God does moral evil, is absolutely wrong, it is blasphemy to oppose the very nature of God by contradiction. God is good, He does not do moral evil, He brings ruin and destruction and calamity, which are all good things in response to evil people.

hmmm...that's interesting...thanks for the info...:)

No credible source can rightly maintain that God does moral evil, the bible is only clear on the holy nature of God and His ways. Do not impugn God with (moral) evil. Sure, taking that sort of meaning out of context may be convenient for deterministic Calvinist types, but the text does not support such a horrific and ungodly thing.

Please stand corrected.

i agree that God does no moral evil...He is above and beyond it...and i agree that our concept of what is evil is off...this is because we are selfish...what we think is evil is what doesn't suit us or what upsets us or what makes us have nightmares...but we cannot charge God with moral evil because whatever He does (whether it be setting the captives free or bringing evil upon job who was upright) is good...of course we have to reassess at our conception of what is good as we tend to see what is good as what will make us happy or what will satisfy our selfish desires...so in no way do i charge God with moral evil...i simply quoted scripture in my post that clearly stated that God makes peace and creates evil...i made no claims that God does moral evil...

Z Man

Originally posted by Knight

There is no evidence (in fact just the opposte) that Jesus caused this illness!!!

Read the chapter Z Man....

John 11:1 Now a certain man was sick, Lazarus of Bethany, the town of Mary and her sister Martha. 2 It was that Mary who anointed the Lord with fragrant oil and wiped His feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was sick. 3 Therefore the sisters sent to Him, saying, “Lord, behold, he whom You love is sick.” 4 When Jesus heard that, He said, “This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God may be glorified through it.” 5 Now Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus. 6 So, when He heard that he was sick, He stayed two more days in the place where He was.

The glory to be shown was that Jesus could HEAL!!! Not that Jesus gave the sickness so He could later heal it. That's just bizarre and unbiblical!

You continue...God is warning those that would reject His commandments....

Read the preceding verse and see for yourself...
Leviticus 26:15 and if you despise My statutes, or if your soul abhors My judgments, so that you do not perform all My commandments, but break My covenant, 16 I also will do this to you: I will even appoint terror over you, wasting disease and fever which shall consume the eyes and cause sorrow of heart. And you shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.

Again.... no one is arguing that God punishes the wicked.

I have only stated that very statement about 20 times now.

What is your hang up?

See above.

See above.
Knight,

Now in light of those passages of Scriptures, do you still believe that God does not give people diseases - that they just come out of no where? Or, do you now change your mind and admit that you made a mistake from the beginning of this post, claiming that God does not give people diseases?

TOL is still waiting to hear your answer...

Z Man

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Avoiding TRUTH....

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Avoiding TRUTH....

Originally posted by Clete Pfeiffer

Z Man,

GIT has answered your question, now I would like for you to answer your own question.

Why are you saved?

Resting in Him,
Clete
Ephesians 1:3-6
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He has made us accepted in the Beloved.

I was saved according to His good will, so that He may be praised and glorified. It's not about me; it's all about God...

Z Man

Originally posted by boogerhead

i agree that God does no moral evil...He is above and beyond it...and i agree that our concept of what is evil is off...this is because we are selfish...what we think is evil is what doesn't suit us or what upsets us or what makes us have nightmares...but we cannot charge God with moral evil because whatever He does (whether it be setting the captives free or bringing evil upon job who was upright) is good...of course we have to reassess at our conception of what is good as we tend to see what is good as what will make us happy or what will satisfy our selfish desires...so in no way do i charge God with moral evil...i simply quoted scripture in my post that clearly stated that God makes peace and creates evil...i made no claims that God does moral evil...
:thumb:

1Way

boogerhead - You said
Yet you responded with quotes of "God doing evil" contrasted against Knight's post saying the following
However... your question is an excellent one as there are many Christians who preach that God is in fact the author of sin and the mastermind behind ALL actions...... even the evil ones!!!
So the form of your response within the context of this discussion shows the opposite of what you now claim. Knight said that God is not the author of sin, He does not do (moral) evil, and so you go off quoting passages that say that "God does do evil", and now you act like you did not do that in opposition to what Knight said.

At least I got you to agree against the errant closed view on that issue, some Calvinists are only happy to suggest that your passages truly do represent God as doing (moral) evil.

So then, the question naturally remains, why did you do that, post like your pro-God doing (moral) evil, and then act like that was not what you were doing?

Z Man

boogerhead - You said Yet you responded with quotes of "God doing evil" contrasted against Knight's post saying the following So the form of your response within the context of this discussion shows the opposite of what you now claim. Knight said that God is not the author of sin, He does not do (moral) evil, and so you go off quoting passages that say that "God does do evil", and now you act like you did not do that in opposition to what Knight said.

At least I got you to agree against the errant closed view on that issue, some Calvinists are only happy to suggest that your passages truly do represent God as doing (moral) evil.

So then, the question naturally remains, why did you do that, post like your pro-God doing (moral) evil, and then act like that was not what you were doing?
1 Way,

her point in posting to Knight's claims was to show that bad things don't just happen by mistake or accident; they are ordained by God as well as the good things. God doesn't do evil; yes, we agree. However, that doesn't mean that God doesn't ordain "calamity", as Isaiah clearly tells us that He does. He was behind the very plagues that haunted Egypt; He masterminded the afflictions brought upon Job; He had whole cities wiped off the face of the planet, killing every man, woman and child within the vicinity; and, of course, God even ordained the most sinful act committed among mankind - the death of His own Son.

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these [things].

boogerhead

And I would add that.....
From the perspective of the wicked - or the ones God is punishing - it might seem like evil has come upon them. But it's just God's wrath! God's wrath being dispensed upon you would be far more scary than Satan's wrath!

yes our concept of evil is that which makes us feel bad...we're too selfish to see the justice in it...we don't get our way so we think that evil is upon us...

But the point 1Way made stands the tallest....
God isn't performing morally evil actions as that would be sinful and God doesn't sin. God does however bring calamity and woe upon those that reject Him and that is sometimes translated as "evil".

yes we selfishly translate discipline and hardship as evil...the lady that attributed her hardship (cancer) to God was right...God disciplines His children...

these verses in no way tell us that as Christians we will not endure hardships...we will be disciplined by our Father...

Hebrews 12:3-13
3: For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.
4: Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.
5: And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
6: For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
7: If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
8: But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
9: Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
10: For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.
11: Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.
12: Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;
13: And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.

God will show His glory through the lady's cancer...and i think the reason she is at peace with her situation is b/c she knows that...she knows that what's important is that her God is glorified...

boogerhead

boogerhead - You said Yet you responded with quotes of "God doing evil" contrasted against Knight's post saying the following So the form of your response within the context of this discussion shows the opposite of what you now claim. Knight said that God is not the author of sin, He does not do (moral) evil, and so you go off quoting passages that say that "God does do evil", and now you act like you did not do that in opposition to what Knight said.

my intentions were to share verses that show God doing as He pleased...His actions are/were what we may selfishly and foolishly consider evil or mean...Knight's post did not mention "moral" evil and so as we seemed to be talking about circumstancial evil (the kinda stuff that just makes you feel bad...but really just requires us to look at things differently and trust in God that He knows what He's doing and that He will be glorified) i thought those verses would be helpful in showing that God loves us sometimes in such a way that we selfishly do not see as love or good because we want our own way and not His...sorry to have misled you...

1Way

Z Man - You said
1 Way,

her point in posting to Knight's claims was to show that bad things don't just happen by mistake or accident; they are ordained by God as well as the good things. God doesn't do evil; yes, we agree. However, that doesn't mean that God doesn't ordain "calamity", as Isaiah clearly tells us that He does. He was behind the very plagues that haunted Egypt; He masterminded the afflictions brought upon Job; He had whole cities wiped off the face of the planet, killing every man, woman and child within the vicinity; and, of course, God even ordained the most sinful act committed among mankind - the death of His own Son.

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these [things].
You have the weirdest way of asking a question.

You start out saying that
  • "God does no evil",
and then you end up saying that
  • "God even ordained the most sinful act committed among mankind - the death of His own Son"
What God ordained to happen, i.e. this was His will, this was appointed or decreed or ordered to happen. In other words, you are saying that God orchestrated the most sinful act ever. But you forget so much.
  1. If you orchestrate a sin, you are guilty of the sin.
  2. What happened to Jesus was the greatest demonstration of love ever, it was not sin to give your life for your friends. (Joh 15:13)
  3. Christ's blood sacrifice at the cross is said to be a demonstration of God's righteousness and justice. (Rom 3:25, 26)
  4. The people who wanted Jesus killed were forgiven from God on the basis that they did not know what they were doing. (Luk 23:34, 1Cor 2:8)
So the truth is that mistakes were made, many people rejected Jesus, but that is standard fair evil, and because they were ignorant they obtained mercy and God was implicated in the most loving act ever, that was also a demonstration of God's righteousness and justice.

Also, I think I corrected you on this exact issue before, so please really stand correctly corrected this time.

boogerhead

In other words, you are saying that God orchestrated the most sinful act ever. But you forget so much.

If you orchestrate a sin, you are guilty of the sin.

we cannot hold God to that definition...He is above sin...He does what He pleases...He isn't guilty of anything (whether His actions are what we want to see or not)...

Daniel 4:35
And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

What happened to Jesus was the greatest demonstration of love ever, it was not sin to give your life for your friends. (Joh 15:13)

God in His glory gave His son...something that we might foolishly say is mean and cruel if we look at it how most people do...some would say, "how could such a loving God give up His son and send him to die for us?"

Isaiah 53:3-12
3: He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
4: Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
5: But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
6: All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
7: He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
8: He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
9: And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
10: Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
11: He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

...but God is all the more loving because He sent His son to be made a curse for us...

Galatians 3:13, 14
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the spirit through faith.

God turned sin on it's head by sending His son to be a curse for us.

1Way

Z Man - We supposedly finally agreed on the correct view on all this long ago. Here is the post where you agreed with my corrections.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=451082#post451082

This post directly addressed this issue way back in January

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=450892#post450892

and that post is in reference to an even earlier post over the same correction, here is that post

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=445616#post445616

Please read my post to you #175
then read post #177
then your post #178
then my post #180

where immediately after that you agreed to it. Here is what I said that you agreed to.
I suggest that if you remain consistent with what you just posted in post 178, and you agree that God holds the person responsible for their own actions and sphere of control, not otherwise, then you should re-think the whole "God is in control of everything without exception" idea. I know you did not use those specific words, but that idea is our contention.

Just so you know, I have no problem saying that God is in control of everything (but not without exception), He is Lord God, the creator of all the universe. God is, some say "sovereign", I say "Lord or creator God", over everything, yet particularly in the case of sin and evil, and because we know that sin and evil are against God and His ways, we know that God does not control everything without exception, because evil and sin happens in a grand scale.

God created man with the ability to love and hate God, to not give man that freedom would represent an arguably sick person who feels the need to control everything, which is closer to what the kidnapper rapist murderer does, than a healthy loving person. God is healthy and good, He can deal with being rejected, and not always controlling everything.
To which you said
While I agree with everything you just posted, this one sentence stuck out.

I'm not saying that I totally disagree with you on this topic, however, I do believe that men are incapable of loving God unless (and the keyword here is unless) God changes their hearts. I'm not saying that that God creates men to hate Him, ...
This should have served to correct the idea that God controls/ordains/decrees/orchestrates everything (without exception), He does not, He can not be that connected to evil and remain guiltless.

So, you seem to keep returning to areas we already covered. It is wrong to say that God ordains evil, He does not even tempt to do evil (Jas 1:13), let alone ordain it to happen.
Night.

1Way

Boogerhead - But none of that means that God was implicated in doing evil. Your entire post is waffling on the edge of God doing or controlling or ordaining or decreeing evil to happen, but you just almost do not quite not say it. It's bizarre. Just come right out and say it, either God does or does not ordain sin/evil.

The only reason you do not want to affirm one of the most foundational moral precepts ever, personal accountability/responsibility, is because you want to implicate God with sin/evil. You even said that God is above sin. I say God is against sin and evil, He does not reside over it, He always opposes it. He doesn't even use evil to tempt anyone! (Jam 1:13)

You never do evil and expect that good may come of it, that is a slanderous and condemnable teaching.

Ro 3:8 And [why] not [say], "Let us do evil that good may come"? ——as we are slanderously reported and as some affirm that we say. Their condemnation is just.

Z Man

It is wrong to say that God ordains evil, He does not even tempt to do evil (Jas 1:13), let alone ordain it to happen.
Acts 4:27-28
"For truly against Your holy Servant Jesus, whom You anointed, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the people of Israel, were gathered together to do whatever Your hand and Your purpose determined before to be done.

Job 1:6-12
Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came among them. And the Lord said to Satan, "From where do you come?" So Satan answered the Lord and said, "From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking back and forth on it." Then the Lord said to Satan, "Have you considered My servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, one who fears God and shuns evil?" So Satan answered the Lord and said, "Does Job fear God for nothing? Have You not made a hedge around him, around his household, and around all that he has on every side? You have blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land. But now, stretch out Your hand and touch all that he has, and he will surely curse You to Your face!" And the Lord said to Satan, "Behold, all that he has is in your power; only do not lay a hand on his person." So Satan went out from the presence of the Lord.

1 Way,

I could go on and on with stories that are all over the Bible that tell us of God causing and ordaining "calamity". It's not wrong for God to do anything; He can do no wrong. He can commit genocide (which He commonly does in the OT) and it is not wrong. He can appoint a righteous man to be afflicted by Satan, and it is not wrong. He can choose to save whom He pleases, or send whomever He wishes to Hell, and it's not wrong. He has mercy on whom He wills, and hardens whom He wills. Of course, you (the OV'ers) always reject, stating that the Calvinists make God out to be mean, attributing evil to Him. You believe that if God is Sovereign, than how can man be held responsible? How can God still find fault if no one has resisted His will? But indeed O man, who are you to reply against God? (Romans 9:18-20)

How can God be "guilty"? Who is He accountable to other than Himself? Therefore, since the world is accounted as nothing in His sight, He does as He pleases, and no one can say to Him, "What are you doing? You're wrong!" (Daniel 4:35)

God is absolutely Sovereign, and yet, man is still responsible for his actions. They are both great truths that are taught to us in the Bible. I fear that the OV'ers toss out the complete sovereignty idea, sacrificing God's glory, to preserve man's freedom/responsibility because you guys are cautious with attributing evil to God. But that cannot be so. And whether you like it or not, God has done several, countless things that if we had done, would of been horrendous evil. I mean, according to the OT, one would think that God and Hitler would be best friends! God works all things to good; in all things He works to display His glory. He will use men in certain situations to accomplish that. God's motive is always good; men's, however, is not...

1Way

Z Man - You said
I could go on and on with stories that are all over the Bible that tell us of God causing and ordaining "calamity". It's not wrong for God to do anything; He can do no wrong.
And we're done, you cut right to the chase right off the bat, great call. Of course you already know that I affirm that God does calamity, so I appreciate that agreement, but your next statement is not only dubious, it's absolutely wrong. God cannot do "anything" and remain right. I can list many bible statements throughout the bible that restrict our ideas of who God is, and what He does.

But your idea is exactly what is behind the entire sentiment of so many Calvinistic predestinarians. There is no places in the Bible where God is portrayed as living under a different set of morality or standard of righteousness than what we live under. Rights and wrongs are absolute, just as God's character and ways are eternal. God even teaches us to judge Him despite the fact that we will not find any righteous fault in Him, so any way you look at it, God is truly righteous and just and good, He absolutely can not do evil and sin, and be said to have done no wrong.

That is one of the blackest things you have said, and I fear is one of the blackest beliefs that is in your heart, and when you get to heaven, it will be very good for you to learn to know God for being the truly good and righteous and just God that He really is, He is not the things you dream Him up to being.

You have been dancing all around this issue, being partly ambiguous in terms of God and evil, testing the waters of those who disagree with you as though your passion is to trip us up somewhere and finally find some loophole so that you can freely say that God does sin or evil and even somehow makes it good! I repeat Z Man, it is evil to mix/confound good for evil, it is great wickedness to try to impute evil with God. It is condemnable to even support doing those things.
  • Ro 3:8 And [why] not [say], "Let us do evil that good may come"? ——as we are slanderously reported and as some affirm that we say. Their condemnation is just.
I suggest that the only reason you are trying to find some way of connecting God with doing sin or evil, is to do what you should do, make better sense of your theology and faith in God. But you don't have to contradict God's word to do that, you can honestly and openly cross examine your theological preconceptions because they are the one's that should break, not God's word.

Either you accept that it is a condemnable thing to try to swap good for evil, or to say that good ever comes from evil, or you reject it. The truth is that simple, and if you accept that truth, then you know perfectly well, that God can not do evil and remain good, even God is truly good, because He truly does no evil.

You and boogerhead are on a roll, but if God's word will not correct you, neither can we. Please become more (commensurately) conversive in these discussions, life is too short for hundreds of posts only to advance a tiny bit. Again, we covered this ground before, and you are making so many of the same kind of statements, it seems your presenting a rather large amount of futility here. If you will not remain consistent with what you say you believe, then, what's the point of entertaining your beliefs?

Blessings in God's righteousness and goodness

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Knight,

Now in light of those passages of Scriptures, do you still believe that God does not give people diseases - that they just come out of no where? Or, do you now change your mind and admit that you made a mistake from the beginning of this post, claiming that God does not give people diseases?

TOL is still waiting to hear your answer...
LOL... you are unbelievable!!!!

Are you deaf????

Or are you just plain rude?

I would never treat you in this manner. I have explained and re-explained my position. You are being willingly ignorant and purposefully divisive.

Z Man

Of course you already know that I affirm that God does calamity, so I appreciate that agreement, but your next statement is not only dubious, it's absolutely wrong. God cannot do "anything" and remain right.

But your idea is exactly what is behind the entire sentiment of so many Calvinistic predestinarians. There is no places in the Bible where God is portrayed as living under a different set of morality or standard of righteousness than what we live under. Rights and wrongs are absolute, just as God's character and ways are eternal. God even teaches us to judge Him despite the fact that we will not find any righteous fault in Him, so any way you look at it, God is truly righteous and just and good, He absolutely can not do evil and sin, and be said to have done no wrong.

That is one of the blackest things you have said, and I fear is one of the blackest beliefs that is in your heart, and when you get to heaven, it will be very good for you to learn to know God for being the truly good and righteous and just God that He really is, He is not the things you dream Him up to being.

You have been dancing all around this issue, being partly ambiguous in terms of God and evil, testing the waters of those who disagree with you as though your passion is to trip us up somewhere and finally find some loophole so that you can freely say that God does sin or evil and even somehow makes it good! I repeat Z Man, it is evil to mix/confound good for evil, it is great wickedness to try to impute evil with God. It is condemnable to even support doing those things.
  • Ro 3:8 And [why] not [say], "Let us do evil that good may come"? ——as we are slanderously reported and as some affirm that we say. Their condemnation is just.
I suggest that the only reason you are trying to find some way of connecting God with doing sin or evil, is to do what you should do, make better sense of your theology and faith in God. But you don't have to contradict God's word to do that, you can honestly and openly cross examine your theological preconceptions because they are the one's that should break, not God's word.

Either you accept that it is a condemnable thing to try to swap good for evil, or to say that good ever comes from evil, or you reject it. The truth is that simple, and if you accept that truth, then you know perfectly well, that God can not do evil and remain good, even God is truly good, because He truly does no evil.

You and boogerhead are on a roll, but if God's word will not correct you, neither can we. Please become more (commensurately) conversive in these discussions, life is too short for hundreds of posts only to advance a tiny bit. Again, we covered this ground before, and you are making so many of the same kind of statements, it seems your presenting a rather large amount of futility here. If you will not remain consistent with what you say you believe, then, what's the point of entertaining your beliefs?

Blessings in God's righteousness and goodness
1 Way,

I think you totally misunderstand me completely. God can do whatever He pleases; the Scriptures tell us that. Do you disagree with them:

Psalm 115:3
Our God is in the heavens; He does whatever He pleases.

Psalm 135:6
Whatever the Lord pleases He does, in heaven and on earth, in the seas and all deeps.

Daniel 4:35
All the inhabitants of the earth are accounted as nothing; and He does according to His will in the host of heaven and among the inhabitants of the earth; and none can stay His hand or say to Him, "What are you doing?"

Matt 19:26
"...with God all things are possible."

And since God can do no evil, whatever He does can never be wrong! Can God not kill whoever He pleases? Can you tell God that He is wrong for killing a child, or a woman, or a man?

HAHA!

I'd like to see that!

"Ummm... excuse me God. I just wanted to tell you that you're wrong for doing what you did. You said I couldn't do it, so what makes you think you can do it God?"

Yeah right. Who is man to tell God that He can't do this or that? He does whatever He pleases, and none can stay His hand or ask Him "What are you doing?" He is not accountable to no one but Himself. Whatever He does is just and good.

Z Man

LOL... you are unbelievable!!!!

Are you deaf????

Or are you just plain rude?

I would never treat you in this manner. I have explained and re-explained my position. You are being willingly ignorant and purposefully divisive.
Knight,

Does God give people diseases or not? In the beginning of this thread, you said He didn't. Now, I've shown Scripture that states otherwise. What do you say?

DOES GOD GIVE PEOPLE DISEASES OR NOT?

We're still waiting...