Are you personally culpable for your government's actions?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are you personally culpable for your government's actions?
No. You are only responsible for your own.

As a member of the state/country you live in you are part of the system that is currently producing the leaders of your state/country.
Systems do not produce leaders.

I accept that my government's actions are wrong and that I must try and DO something about it for the blood of 'civilians' and other nationals are a stain on my honor and soul ('God')
Having a desire to do something about an evil government — I apologize for the tautology — is quite different to being culpable for the actions of others.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am only one vote among millions on election day. I am not personally culpable for my governments actions. The governments members themselves are not held culpable for their actions. Saying the government will be held accountable at the ballot box is a joke. Losing office is accompanied by fantastic compensations. Politicians simply walk away from their mistakes without any comeback for their mistakes.If they are not culpable then neither am I.

Walking away from wrongdoing does not remove culpability.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Hello Town,

I have your reputation comment but I do not understand its meaning. Also I do not know how to find it again so I can be sure in repeating it. So again sorry if I misquote you.

Smiles facing Da nada with beer in their hands.

English. "De nada" means (literally) that there's nothing to be thankful about. "No hay nada que agradecer". It's semantically similar to "not at all", but it can also be correctly translated to "You're welcome".

That's it. :thumb:

As you can see above, I had to translate as it is not english.
Sorry. I thought you might be familiar with it. When I came up we were expected to learn either French or Spanish and Latin. Long past the point where I am easily conversational in either, but I have a lot of odd bits that will float into my conversation at times when I'm not thinking about it.

I think you are saying 'you are welcome' and you are happy to be sharing 'like a toast/salute' with me. I feel the same way - you share your knowledge and listen to my words - a dialogue - the 'ology' in Theology according to the 'Greeks' :)
There you go.

Sorry I have to send this here I am unable to 'private message' you (Town)
Because I was being trolled at one point by a few posters who would camp out (sift through) my conversations with others in my profile page I limited access to people who were on my friends list and who could PM me as well. I'll probably relax that now, but I hadn't thought about it in a while.

Saxon Hammer

No. You are only responsible for your own.
- This would be true if you lived in isolation say as an 'off the grid fashion' - However the systems that allow you to obtain things from a shop and power and water are likely part of your dependance on the system

Systems do not produce leaders.
A system is a process or collection of processes - therefore a system DID produce your leaders

Having a desire to do something about an evil government — I apologize for the tautology — is quite different to being culpable for the actions of others.
Except you support that evil government — I also apologize for the tautology :) — by submission to your dependency for food and water from the system.

If Adam sinned in the Garden of Eden and we all inherit that sin then we have been made culpable for the actions of another.

If Jesus came and gave his life to save all mankind from this sin then again we are 'culpable' for the actions of another (in this case we would not use culpable but the same theory is applied).

To think of oneself as individual and separate is a big mistake - remember the simple facts of life. Two people to create you (+soul/holy spirit), a person that cares for you through your babyhood - childhood. The school, the hospital, the running water, the electricity, shelter and safety all created by others you depend upon.

The 'system' of the STATE has marked you, taxed you etc etc.

This you have 'agreed' to before you where adult.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
- This would be true if you lived in isolation say as an 'off the grid fashion' - However the systems that allow you to obtain things from a shop and power and water are likely part of your dependance on the system

Jesus used infrastructure provided by the romans, and by the pharasees

did He support them?

Saxon Hammer

temples, roads....

so he walk down a road, did he pray in a temple? These are NOT items necessary for survival. So unless he used a service supplied by Romans for his survival you have not established his DEPENDENCY.

You have refused to accept your DEPENDENCY on the 'system' which is the cause of your (my) culpability.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
so he walk down a road, did he pray in a temple? These are NOT items necessary for survival. So unless he used a service supplied by Romans for his survival you have not established his DEPENDENCY.

You have refused to accept your DEPENDENCY on the 'system' which is the cause of your (my) culpability.

ok, what does your system provide that you are dependent on, that you can't do without?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
- This would be true if you lived in isolation say as an 'off the grid fashion' - However the systems that allow you to obtain things from a shop and power and water are likely part of your dependance on the system.
That would be to say I am obliged to contribute financially to society, not that I was responsible for the evil things it does.

A system is a process or collection of processes.
Processes do not produce leaders.

Except you support that evil government.
By paying taxes?

That does not make me responsible for the evil it does.

I also apologize for the tautology :)
No problem. :)

It's important to make sure people know it is there.

If Adam sinned in the Garden of Eden and we all inherit that sin then we have been made culpable for the actions of another.
We did not inherit his action; we inherited his nature.

If Jesus came and gave his life to save all mankind from this sin then again we are 'culpable' for the actions of another (in this case we would not use culpable but the same theory is applied).
Your analogy breaks down when it comes to the will of a man.

To take on Jesus' nature requires a personal decision, just as it was our decision, not Adam's, that we sinned.

To think of oneself as individual and separate is a big mistake - remember the simple facts of life. Two people to create you (+soul/holy spirit), a person that cares for you through your babyhood - childhood. The school, the hospital, the running water, the electricity, shelter and safety all created by others you depend upon.

This you have 'agreed' to before you where adult.

Dependence is not culpability.

Sent from my SM-G9250 using TOL mobile app

Saxon Hammer

That would be to say I am obliged to contribute financially to society, not that I was responsible for the evil things it does.

Processes do not produce leaders.

By paying taxes?

That does not make me responsible for the evil it does.

No problem. :)

It's important to make sure people know it is there.

We did not inherit his action; we inherited his nature.

Your analogy breaks down when it comes to the will of a man.

To take on Jesus' nature requires a personal decision, just as it was our decision, not Adam's, that we sinned.

Dependence is not culpability.

Oh how you wriggle to escape the truth - the system is part of the way YOU (society's members) are trained to think. It has been there all your life and your parents life etc etc (unless they came from another society).

We are born FREE from sin BUT animal and as our spirit gains control of the animal and reaches maturity then we are capable of sin. However if we are taught to sin, then we will sin without thinking it is wrong. So ALL humans inherit from their parents and the society around them, a 'mindset', that informs all thoughts and actions from then on. However the spirit still knows what is right and what is wrong and that is the cause of so much 'mental' ill health. The spirit is in conflict with the rational mind and maybe suppressed by the thought that EVERYONE else must be correct and it is yourself that is the problem. Such are the pressures of individuality as pursued by our 'modern' society, our own isolated point of view requires EXTERNAL validation or at least 'expression'.

An election is a process - the prime minister or president is selected - this is a part of the system.

You must take notice that it is believed by Christians that Jesus wiped clean the sins of man, left over from the time of Adam. So we are all in debt to Jesus for his words, deeds and ultimately his self sacrifice.

Knowing that you are dependant on an 'evil government/system' (another apology for the tautology and for extending it) indeed makes you (me) culpable. Your financial (labour) indebtedness is a part of the system and you submit to its will again making you (me) culpable.

Please note [MENTION=4167]Stripe[/MENTION] that this is not a personal message to you - it is written for all members and is just part of a discussion. I would like to be proved wrong BUT I have too much evidence which shows that 'everyday folk' are in FACT culpable.

Last edited:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Go back and read the thread LAZY :)
:rotfl:

:chuckle:

Oh how you wriggle to escape the truth - the system is part of the way YOU (society's members) are trained to think. It has been there all your life and your parents life etc etc (unless they came from another society).
It's not enough to just declare again your idea.

Systems don't create leaders. That there is a system and there are leaders does not mean one caused the other.

We are born FREE from sin BUT animal and as our spirit gains control of the animal and reaches maturity then we are capable of sin. However if we are taught to sin, then we will sin without thinking it is wrong. So ALL humans inherit from their parents and the society around them, a 'mindset', that informs all thoughts and actions from then on. However the spirit still knows what is right and what is wrong and that is the cause of so much 'mental' ill health. The spirit is in conflict with the rational mind and maybe suppressed by the thought that EVERYONE else must be correct and it is yourself that is the problem. Such are the pressures of individuality as pursued by our 'modern' society, our own isolated point of view requires EXTERNAL validation or at least 'expression'.

Are you agreeing with me?

We did not inherit Adam's action; we inherited his nature.

An election is a process - the prime minister or president is selected - this is a part of the system.

Ah. Here's the disconnect. You think politicians are automatically leaders.

I think politicians are almost always not very good leaders.

Knowing that you are dependant on an 'evil government/system' (another apology for the tautology and for extending it) indeed makes you (me) culpable.

1. I'm not dependent on the government.
2. There's no necessary connection between dependency and culpability.

I would like to be proved wrong BUT I have too much evidence which shows that 'everyday folk' are in FACT culpable.

Like what?