Are pro-lifers who say No exception 4 rape/incest.. extremists?

Quetzal

And "in the end" the law should not declare that the victim "has a right" to suicide.

Might she do it anyway? Unfortunately, yes.
Should we encourage it by saying it's "her choice" and "her right" ? No.
This is an entirely different topic. Stay with me and get back on track please. Otherwise the discussion is over.

Quetzal

That *might* should give you enough pause to err on the side of caution.

That *might* means you agree that what is being torn to shreds is very possibly a child.

IF you were driving your car at night and saw something big enough in the middle of the road to be a child ... but it *might* not be, would you stop and check or just plow on over "it"?
Ooo a bait'n switch, loaded question combo! I like these.

glassjester

Life is a self-sustaining biological process. Up until a certain a point, a fetus does not fit into that category.

I thought dependency on others did not determine your right to live? The elderly, disabled, newborns, right?

Besides, "self-sustaining" is hardly an objective measure. None of us is absolutely self-sustaining. Some people, due to any number of possible congenital conditions, never become self-sustaining.

Greg Jennings

In that case, there should be clinics where they are aided in utilizing that *choice*?
Or you could counsel them, as in the case with abortion. I noticed you never apologized for claiming that I didn't allow counsel to rape victims who were impregnated. Interesting

Wrong. You could call 911 and tell them a person is threatening to kill themselves.
And when the person goes home from the police station after telling them they're fine, then immediately goes to the kitchen to cut their wrists, the problem is somehow solved by that 911 call? Didn't think so.

I would do that because I realize that ALL unborn babies deserve life. You, OTOH, apparently see the child of a rape victim as an intruder who is not worthy of protection.
And I recognize that you shouldn't force your will onto a young, scared, mentally shattered woman because you claim to know what's best for somebody else. I guess we're both monsters, aren't we?

Last edited:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ooo a bait'n switch, loaded question combo! I like these.

It's not a bait and switch, but rather an attempt to seek clarification for his position.

IF he wishes to argue that unborn babies are of no value, than there is no reason to keep stating abortion is a tragedy.

Also, making exceptions for rape is not a consistent prolife/anti-abortion position.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Post abortion syndrome is a myth . There is no such thing . In fact, the vast majority of women recover soon from their abortions and are able to lead normal lives - and they often have more children later .
For the government to say to every pregnant woman - "You must give birth or else no matter what the adverse circumstances you are in"
is a guarantee of disaster for society .
Poor pregnant women will merely go to dangerous back-alley abortionists as they so often did before Roe v Wade and risk their lives and health . The poorest will simply try to abort themselves with coat hangers and other dangerous makeshift devices . Yes, coat hangers
are NOT a myth .
Roe v Wade was not the beginning of abortion in America - it was the end of women DYING from abortions . We know that thousands of women used to die in America every year from botched illegal abortions - since Roe , only a tiny handful have died from LEGAL abortions .
Others nearly died and caused permanent physical harm to themselves . Every year in poor countries around the world where abortion is legal, thousands of poor women die, often in agony, from botched illegal abortions , and they leave so many children motherless . America cannot afford to return to barbarous conditions like this .
Most of these women are not careless , irresponsible young women , but desperately poor married ones who cannot afford to have more children and if they did give birth those children would STARVE .

Quetzal

Were newborns in ancient Greece "capable of life" when they were left to die of exposure?
When they were born, were they able to live by themselves for a period of time due to being fully developed? If so, they are capable of life and, thus, a person.

glassjester

See what I mean, Greg? Now that the faulty comparison has been suggested it is almost impossible for them to carry on their positions without it.

Well why isn't suicide an option? It's her body.

Why do you want to "force her" to stay alive?

glassjester

When they were born, were they able to live by themselves for a period of time due to being fully developed? If so, they are capable of life and, thus, a person.

What's "a period" of time?

Is it however long you decide?

How long can a newborn survive without any other people? How about a premature baby? How about a fetus? How long could you or I survive without any other people around?

Seems arbitrary. Not objective.

Quetzal

What's "a period" of time?

Is it however long you decide?

How long can a newborn survive without any other people? How about a premature baby? How about a fetus? How long could you or I survive without any other people around?

Seems arbitrary. Not objective.
It only seems that way because you are purposefully attempting to complicate what is a very simple concept. When a baby is born, it is alive. It is a self-sustaining organism outside of basic needs we all universally need (food, water, etc).

glassjester

It only seems that way because you are purposefully attempting to complicate what is a very simple concept. When a baby is born, it is alive. It is a self-sustaining organism outside of basic needs we all universally need (food, water, etc).

So how long does a human organism need to be able to survive without any other people in order for you to consider it a person?

Do you think it's alright to kill premature babies? Are they not people?

Quetzal

So how long does a human organism need to be able to survive without any other people in order for you to consider it a person?
I am going to stop trying to explain this to you because it is perfectly clear you are not interested in what I have to offer.

Do you think it's alright to kill premature babies? Are they not people?
Premature babies are not the same as a fetus.