Are pro-lifers who say No exception 4 rape/incest.. extremists?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
For some reason I doubt that's how she sees it. And her view is really the only one that counts when talking of trauma to her, isn't it?

Why would how she *sees* it matter in regards to the life of her innocent child?

And no, her view is not "the only one that counts". The rape has occurred. It would be foolish to not seek medical and psychiatric intervention in order to deal with the attack.

Killing her unborn child doesn't negate the rape ... it only makes her a mother who willingly killed her child.

Quetzal

Right - this is important.
Reasons and circumstances leading up to that choice are important, too. The problem is many are 100% against abortion don't care about those things because none of them are justified in their eyes. But their perspective on this topic doesn't matter unless they are individual in question.

glassjester

If this hypothetical victim thought killing the rapist would make her feel better, she'd receive counseling, and they'd explain why that is not the answer.

If this hypothetical victim thought killing herself was the only way to feel better, she'd receive counseling, and they'd explain why that is not the answer.

If this hypothetical victim thought that killing the unborn child was the only way to feel better... ?

Greg Jennings

There was no category for only rape victims in your chart. Therefore it isn't taking into account the differences between abortions performed on women who consented to sex and understood the consequences bs those that had it thrust upon them in a horrifying ordeal.

I think those who want to force a woman against her will to bring a baby into the world that was the product of her being brutally raped and emotionally traumatized, and who may not have the means to care for the baby once it's born, need to rethink some things

Quetzal

If this hypothetical victim thought killing the rapist would make her feel better, she'd receive counseling, and they'd explain why that is not the answer.

If this hypothetical victim thought killing herself was the only way to feel better, she'd receive counseling, and they'd explain why that is not the answer.

If this hypothetical victim thought that killing the unborn child was the only way to fell better... ?
Sure, offer any and all alternatives to her. I would never advocate for withholding alternatives. However, no matter what you and I think, the choice is ultimately hers.

Greg Jennings

If this hypothetical victim thought that killing the unborn child was the only way to fell better... ?

Of course, we don't actually know when a fetus becomes a baby, so you should probably that into account also.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
WHY are you against other abortions?

For the very reasons I mentioned: I think it's always a tragedy,

Why is abortion *always* a tragedy?

but nobody should have to bear additional emotional trauma after being raped if they don't want to.

So intentionally killing an unborn baby makes the rape go away ... no other action needed, eh?

That's cruel.

Oh. Giving your child a chance to live and thrive is cruel, but slicing and dicing him/her up is an act of ... kindness? Parental love?

And the science is unclear on when a fetus becomes conscious. I certainly don't want her waiting past twelve weeks to abort the fetus given to her via rape, but if there is ever an exceptional scenario then that's it

You already conceded that the *fetus* is an unborn baby when you stated that abortion is "always a tragedy".

Greg Jennings

Why would how she *sees* it matter in regards to the life of her innocent child?

And no, her view is not "the only one that counts". The rape has occurred. It would be foolish to not seek medical and psychiatric intervention in order to deal with the attack.

Killing her unborn child doesn't negate the rape ... it only makes her a mother who willingly killed her child.

I'll just ask you this: If a sixteen year old girl was impregnated via rape, she did not want to carry the fetus to full-term due to embarrassment, shame, and fear of ridicule, was severely traumatized from the incident, and knew that this baby that she never wanted would change her life and possibly ability to receive a quality higher education forever, would you force her to have the child?

glassjester

Of course, we don't actually know when a fetus becomes a baby, so you should probably that into account also.

We don't know when a human fetus becomes a human baby.

Does it matter?

When does a baby become a child? When does a child become an adolescent? Adult? Why does your stage of life determine your right to life?

Greg Jennings

I'll just ask you this: If a sixteen year old girl was impregnated via rape, she did not want to carry the fetus to full-term due to embarrassment, shame, and fear of ridicule, was severely traumatized from the incident, and knew that this baby that she never wanted would change her life and possibly ability to receive a quality higher education forever, would you force her to have the child?

If you people here who don't think exceptions for rape should be made, feel free to answer this question. I'm going to do something other than "chat" for a while

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Of course. She would NOT receive my consent. Anyone who would ridicule her or shame her is someone she should treat in the same manner as something stuck to the bottom of her shoe.

In regards to her education, it is an assumption on your part that having a baby will leave her an ignorant mother with no future to look forward to.

Greg Jennings

Of course. She would NOT receive my consent. Anyone who would ridicule her or shame her is someone she should treat in the same manner as something stuck to the bottom of her shoe.
Of course, but that doesn't change the fact that it happens. Bullying is wrong, but it still happens.

In regards to her education, it is an assumption on your part that having a baby will leave her an ignorant mother with no future to look forward to.
You're very emotional about this topic and understandably you're knee jerking without fully reading the comments. I said "quality higher education." If you can find me a number on how many single mothers attended and graduated from top 100 universities be my guest. It won't be high

glassjester

Can't simply dismiss a part of the discussion because it stands against the implementation of your views.

Are you incapable of discussing the standard by which you judge whether a law is just?

We're not talking about what the law is, but what it should be.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No. I did not. Calling it a "baby" is called using common language when talking to people who consider it a baby

Oh. So that would explain why killing an unborn baby would be a tragedy ... because you don't REALLLLY believe it's a baby.

Huckleberry

What if she wanted to commit suicide? Would you force her to live?

glassjester

If you people here who don't think exceptions for rape should be made, feel free to answer this question. I'm going to do something other than "chat" for a while

She could avoid the same problems by killing herself. Why would we, as a society, counsel her against doing so?