ARCHIVE: Open Theism part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Have any of you Open Theists spent much time thinking about nature and how nature may back-up either the settled or open view?

I went camping for a week with my family and church family last week. I just love the outdoors. Where we went camping was just absolutely beautiful. The gorge we were in was spectacular and with out a doubt showed the creation of God. It was obvious to me that where we were camping was once flooded with water. As I looked around, it was unmistakable that water slowly and deliberately carved out the beauty of this gorge. Now, not only did I observe deliberate creation for the purpose of showing God's existence, but I observed a practical purpose of this creation. That gorge has been used for trade, recreation, and sustenance by men. Did God plan this? Or Was He pleasantly surprised by His creation's (man) use of this natural creation?

Wondering how you Open Theist's see creation (nature) within your theology?
The open view has no problem with the idea that God plans many things ahead of time. I have no idea about that gorge though!

Nang

TOL Subscriber
To illustrate how utterly wicked Calvinists views on God are, and how they have distorted John 9 and the story of the blind man, I present this story:

You do not have a clue as to what is decent and sound theology, nor do you seem to be aware that God is recording all your inanities in a book, from which you will be judged in the end.

drbrumley

You do not have a clue as to what is decent and sound theology, nor do you seem to be aware that God is recording all your inanities in a book, from which you will be judged in the end.

Good. I welcome His judgement. And are you really so stupid as to say Open Theists don't believe in God chastineing us? Or judging us?

SOTK

I see that ad hominems, generalizations, and straw men are still running rampant in this thread. I very much enjoy this topic...reading and participating, but I find it hard to participate amongst such purposeful negativity. Can't we dispense with the unnecessary remarks in order to treat this topic with the respect it deserves?

Mystery

That gorge has been used for trade, recreation, and sustenance by men. Did God plan this? Or Was He pleasantly surprised by His creation's (man) use of this natural creation?
For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Good. I welcome His judgement. And are you really so stupid as to say Open Theists don't believe in God chastineing us? Or judging us?

Calvinists do not believe the sons of God will suffer judgment, for Christ was judged on the cross in their stead.

That, in fact, is the very gospel of the grace you should be preaching.

And don't you dare ever call me "stupid" again.

Nang

drbrumley

Calvinists do not believe the sons of God will suffer judgment, for Christ was judged on the cross in their stead.

Nang

WARNING: READING COMPREHENSION PROBLEM

I didn't call you stupid, I asked if you were that stupid. Big difference.

As to your post.

So God won't judge our acts as Christians? So why did He say he would and burn our unprofitable works? To help you along, may I suggest Romans 14.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Nang
It was in the form of a question :D

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I'm guessing Nang doesn't have an answer.

Nang always has an answer . . .

I suppose you are referring to Romans 14:12:

"So then each of us will give account of himself to God."

Giving "account" is not the same thing as suffering the judgment and wrath of God.

drbrumley

Nang always has an answer . . .

I suppose you are referring to Romans 14:12:

"So then each of us will give account of himself to God."

Giving "account" is not the same thing as suffering the judgment and wrath of God.

No kidding. You win a poptart if you mean the 2nd death judgement.

But God does judge us. Which I am trying to understand you. First you said,

Nang said:

and then

Nang said:

So which is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.