ARCHIVE: Is it ever right to deny Christ?

C

cirisme

Excellent Solly. :up:

Remember folks, this is the same God that made the worst tragedy in the world, the greatest event in the world, Jesus' crucifixion.

:up:

smilax

Pro-confession versus pro-deception? And just as pro-choice is pro-abortion, so pro-deception is pro-denial.

I'm going to duck now to avoid the incoming spears.

If every aspect of your life is committed to your Lord and Savior, why would you ever give a verbal denial of Him? What could possibly be more important than that?

AVmetro

BANNED
Banned
Only a bible, and it's loaded.

..and don't forget a chocolate factory full of oompa loompas. They can take on anything....err..except Dee Dee in a preterist debate. :noid:

D

Dee Dee Warren

Av... just a correction to be fair okay?? You said "no matter how trivial the matter is"... well I certainly hope you are not implying that the scenario posed by Knight is trivial?

D

Dee Dee Warren

Hmmm, I heard that oompa loompas were eschatological genuises. They may be a match for me. After all I am a brat, and I saw what they did to Ms Salt.

C

cirisme

You said "no matter how trivial the matter is"... well I certainly hope you are not implying that the scenario posed by Knight is trivial?
In God's sight, yes. :)

AVmetro

BANNED
Banned
Av... just a correction to be fair okay?? You said "no matter how trivial the matter is"... well I certainly hope you are not implying that the scenario posed by Knight is trivial?

You aren't talking about the "play in a theatre" scenario are you?
All else I believe I addressed on the previous page. :confused:

God bless you--AV

D

Dee Dee Warren

No AV, I am talking about the home invader scenario, that is certainly NOT a trivial issue.

And Ciris that was just dumb.

Solly

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by Knight
Yea!!! Think of all the witnessing we could be doing!!! LOL!

By the time they murder all those Christians those Muslims are sure to convert!

The seed of the church is the blood of its martyrs.

Over 150 years ago, missionaries from Great Britain and Germany traveled to northeast India to preach the gospel.

Dr. P.P Job, Director of our sister mission in India, tells the story of how, during this time, a man, his wife and two children were converted to Christ. Their spontaneous faith spread throughout the village, angering the leader of the community. He summoned the man before the village and demanded that he renounce his Christian faith or face execution.

The man, facing this crucial decision, sang a song that I have heard sung around the world,"I have decided to follow Jesus, I have decided to follow Jesus, I have decided to follow Jesus, no turning back, no turning back.”

Enraged, the chief ordered the archers to shoot the two children. As both of the boys lay twitching on the ground,the chief asked, “Now will you renounce your faith? You have lost both of your children. You will lose your wife as well.”

The man replied by singing, “Though no one joins me, still will I follow. Though no one joins me, still will I follow.Though no one joins me, still will I follow. No turning back, no turning back.”

The chief was beside himself with rage and he ordered the wife put to death. Now he asked for the final time, “Now I will give you one more opportunity to deny your faith and live. There is no one for you in the world.”

The man then sang, “The cross before me, the world behind me. The cross before me, the world behind me. The cross before me, the world behind me. No turning back, no turning back.”

Eventually the courage of this man and his family would lead to the conversion of this chief and the entire village, but he didn’t know that at that time. His call was simply to be unashamed of the gospel. Their death (as is the death of all His saints) was a tragedy and not something that God allows lightly (see Psalm 116:15). Yet, God was able to cause something beautiful to come out of it.

D

Dee Dee Warren

To Ciris: And yet even dumber. I am offended that you think that the death of someone's family is trivial in God's eyes.

Freak

Originally posted by Dee Dee Warren
No AV, I am talking about the home invader scenario, that is certainly NOT a trivial issue.

And Ciris that was just dumb.

The Believers are standing up against your weak version of Christianity, DD. There is no situation that one can be in where one intentionally denys Jesus and be right with God. It's because your view- apathy is so rampant. Unless you have been where I have been it's best not to judge.

The fact is your wrong but your too prideful to admit it DD. Do you always have to be right? Especially after the Bible tells you your dead wrong.

C

cirisme

I am offended that you think that the death of someone's family is trivial in God's eyes.

Ooooh! You're offended. Let me go get my liberal hand book so I can see how to make it better. :rolleyes:

Scriptual truths will offend people. :)

D

Dee Dee Warren

And pride goes before the fall Freak. (which must mean that I am due for a large eschatological fall I know)

Freak

Originally posted by Solly

Then for the record, I'm in the "Say Yes" camp, and damn the consequences - God tells me he'll pick up the pieces.

After all, if God can look after someone when their spouse dies young (and I know two people to whom that might happen soon, one with three young children), or if the family is in a car (auto) accident, or even 9/11, then does the same not apply? And was there not greater good from Columbine because of that one word.
Don't people trust God? When you let your kids out the door, when partner goes to work, when sickness comes, when war breaks out - thinking of our boys going of to Iraq. Why should this be any different?
Lots of strong talk about guns on this site from the Right I see (pardon me AV), but God says trust not in horses and men, but in the Lord your God. And whatever you might want to say about Freak (and I think he's a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic), he's out there, on a front line. He's got expreience. And I pray god that if I get into a situation that demanded the confession from my lips, I would say yes, to a lunatic, a tyrant, or whatever, cos God knows I am there, at that point, not by chance.

That's my rant for the week. As you were.

peace in Him

Solly, thank you for standing up for Jesus! There's nothing special about me I just love Jesus and will not deny Him. Great posts!

smilax

It boils down to whether you will follow Christ no matter what the consequences. Is obedience more important than the lives of others?

This is the classic problem about whether you want to kill someone to save more lives, or whether you let the many die for the sake of one so that you do not take an innocent life. It's just that we have denial of Christ in place of the sin of murder.

D

Dee Dee Warren

Scriptual truths will offend people.

I am offended because it is NOT a Scriptural truth but your false conception of piety. Only a heartless God would consider the death of someone's family TRIVIAL. You are sick if you think that.

Freak

Originally posted by Dee Dee Warren
And pride goes before the fall Freak. (which must mean that I am due for a large eschatological fall I know)

DD, your wrong about this issue.

AVmetro

BANNED
Banned
Perhaps not as trivial in regards to emotions etc.. But the principle remains the same nonetheless.

These speak more of giving all to christ, but the point is made nonetheless:

Mat 10:35 For I came to set a man at odds against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.
Mat 10:36 A man's foes will be those of his own household.
Mat 10:37 He who loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and he who loves son or daughter more than me isn't worthy of me.
Mat 10:38 He who doesn't take his cross and follow after me, isn't worthy of me.
Mat 10:39 He who finds his life will lose it; and he who loses his life for my sake will find it.

Mat 19:29 Everyone who has left houses, or brothers, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, will receive one hundred times, and will inherit eternal life.

What you must ask yourself:
  • Would you deny Christ in order to save your life/family?
  • Did Peter deny Christ in order to save his life?
  • Would you *sincerely* deny Christ in this scenario? (No)
  • Did Peter *sincerely* deny Christ in the biblical account? (No)
  • Was the Lord happy? What happened to Peter?
  • Dito in regards to you.

My wife and I are both Christians and my daughter is two. I would have no more trouble confessing Christ than any individual in 'Foxe's Book of Martyrs'. Or any 1st century Christian under Nero for that matter.

God bless--Avmetro