Anyone Who Thinks Another Person Deserves To Be Raped Is A Knob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
sycophantism won't help you here. You trying to kiss up to GD is hilarious, steal it and use in future discussion to look just like her. :rotfl:

oh, and do it aptly.

what a joke

I told her like over a week ago that she was a saintly woman- a woman against the institution of feminism is a blessing by God, who loves men as men love women.

Also
I'm Reformed. I'm basically immune to your shenanigans. You were predestined to be an idiot :thumb:

glorydaz

She doesn't appear to know much about humanism. It's just a label she can slap on like an insult and uses to distinguish her superiority, hence the error followed by the distinction that she isn't one of those and the question/inference. Humanism doesn't reject morality, it rejects the assertion of theists regarding the root of that morality. So we can differ with humanists all day long, especially Sunday, but we should understand what we're objecting to and we don't have to misrepresent it to do that.

Indeed. Humanists have men in the place of God.
They don't reject morality, but they have their own version of it. There are as many versions of it as there are men.

Most claim those who do wrong don't deserve the punishment God says they do. They see many degrees of wrong and right...it's all relative. Relative to what they each think.

But, God is the decider of what is right and what is wrong...not men. So when men begin to insist that God would not do thus and so, they are saying they know more than God. Their idea of morality trumps what God's word says quite clearly. They replace godly principles with principles of their. They see their principles as superior to those God has laid out in His word. It's easy to do....

There are lots of humanists right here on this thread, and you, Town, are exhibiting some humanistic thinking. You can still rethink your position....humanistic thinking is all around us. We each must guard against it because we live in this world among so many humanists.

glorydaz

She likes to move goalposts, LS. A while ago what she just did was something she'd have called "gutless". But then she did it and changed the rule, twice.

Stop lying. I've said the same thing from the start.

Anyway, what I said and have continued to say is that God doesn't use rape, that rape isn't His punishment for how we live and that rape isn't, as she misapprehends it, "just deserts" for immoral actions. That's been the contention. That God can turn the worst of circumstances to the good is another point entirely.

All your squirming and fancy shenanigans remind me of a used car salesman caught with his pants down when his "special of the day" couldn't make it out of the car lot.

Just deserts = reap what you sow.

Humanism:

MAN contends and says and continues to say....that God DOES NOT do such and such, and that such and such IS NOT His punishment for how we live our lives.

truthjourney

Some people seek fulfillment in the betterment of themselves and others. Some other people seek fulfillment in the belittlement of others while condemning strippers to rape via anonymous posts on an internet forum. It is what it is. :idunno:
Yeah...it is what it is, sadly.

glorydaz

Some people seek fulfillment in the betterment of themselves and others. Some other people seek fulfillment in the belittlement of others while condemning strippers to rape via anonymous posts on an internet forum. It is what it is. :idunno:

Ah, so you're seeing it's for the betterment of the stripper to tell her she is doing nothing wrong....that any consequences that come from her bad behavior are undeserved? Is that what you're saying there? It's better to call evil good and good evil....for the betterment of others?

I'm certainly not "condemning" anyone to rape. I'm encouraging them to leave before something horrible befalls them. I seek fulfillment by telling the truth no matter how hard it is to hear...rather than to lie and give strippers a high five.

Thank God there are some still willing to buck the pc crowd.

Quetzal

Ah, so you're seeing it's for the betterment of the stripper to tell her she is doing nothing wrong....that any consequences that come from her bad behavior are undeserved? Is that what you're saying there? It's better to call evil good and good evil....for the betterment of others?

I'm certainly not "condemning" anyone to rape. I'm encouraging them to leave before something horrible befalls them. I seek fulfillment by telling the truth no matter how hard it is to hear...rather than to lie and give strippers a high five.

Thank God there are some still willing to buck the pc crowd.
My point has been made. I appreciate that. :e4e:

ClimateSanity

My point has been made. I appreciate that. :e4e:

Your point is that strippers deserve to go on living like they do with the prospects of a destroyed life or a possible untimely death being a likely reality. You think that its evil to stand in the way of that path to destruction. I doubt you would do nothing if you saw a man attempting to jump off a high building.

Quetzal

Your point is that strippers deserve to go on living like they do with the prospects of a destroyed life or a possible untimely death being a likely reality. You think that its evil to stand in the way of that path to destruction. I doubt you would do nothing if you saw a man attempting to jump off a high building.
That's funny, I don't remember saying any of that. Oh well, just another post from good ol'climate with no basis in reality. Par for the course.

ClimateSanity

That's funny, I don't remember saying any of that. Oh well, just another post from good ol'climate with no basis in reality. Par for the course.

Take any post of yours and tell me what difference there is between what you said and my claim. All you will find is a difference without any distinction.

Quetzal

Take any post of yours and tell me what difference there is between what you said and my claim. All you will find is a difference without any distinction.
My argument is simple, CS. I do not believe anyone deserves to be raped. That has been my entire argument all along. Sorry for any confusion.

glorydaz

Lots of people just hate to see the boat being rocked. Ignorance is bliss, as they say. They find their "fulfillment" in building up the ego of their fellow man....take selfies and see how beautiful you are. If it feels good do it. Man putting himself on a pedestal is the goal of every humanist.....it's never been the goal of the believer, however.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Lots of people just hate to see the boat being rocked. Ignorance is bliss, as they say. They find their "fulfillment" in building up the ego of their fellow man....take selfies and see how beautiful you are. If it feels good do it. Man putting himself on a pedestal is the goal of every humanist.....it's never been the goal of the believer, however.

Vanity of one's self- it's something from Eve herself, our grandmother.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Stop lying. I've said the same thing from the start.
I'm not lying. I gave examples of you doing precisely that. Your shifting "gutless" standard. You use lying like some people use excuse me, except there's no excuse for how you use it. :eek:

All your squirming and fancy shenanigans
Shenanigans. That the one with the cheese straws and green uniforms? :chew: Else, there's that problem you have with my education again. First is was fancy words, now it's fancy shenanigans because heaven forfend you lack something that has value. :plain: Goof.

remind me of a used car salesman caught with his pants down when his "special of the day" couldn't make it out of the car lot.
You remind me of someone having a hissy fit.

Just deserts = reap what you sow.
No one sows rape. There's no rape tree. And if there was God wouldn't water it. :nono:

Humanism:
I already noted the Merriam-Webster on that. Here's a new one, hubrisism...essentially well illustrated by your writing.

MAN contends and says and continues to say....that God DOES NOT do such and such, and that such and such IS NOT His punishment for how we live our lives.
Everyone says God does or doesn't do something unless they don't believe in God and/or they're crazy. And everyone who says something is a person, unless they're a parrot. So you're something of a twofer. :shocked:

Yes, the statute of limitations for taking your nonsense seriously has tolled.

ClimateSanity

My argument is simple, CS. I do not believe anyone deserves to be raped. That has been my entire argument all along. Sorry for any confusion.

That's all you have been saying and yet you don't tell us what you mean by it. We are saying that we all reap what we sow. That's not the same as getting what you deserve. If you are saying they are the same, then you are also saying we don't reap what we sow in terms of evil deeds. Evil is relative to you and I suppose you are saying there is no evil deed that could bring about a rape.

You are an atheist, therefore you get to decide when sowing and reaping has occurred. Just by fiat you declare that rape could never possibly be the consequence of bad decisions. I have yet to see any persuasive arguments why this must be so.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Your point is that strippers deserve to go on living like they do with the prospects of a destroyed life or a possible untimely death being a likely reality.
I'm pretty sure his point was only that strippers don't deserve to be raped...that no one does. And he's right. Anyone who says that is, humanist, Christian, Hindu, Rotarian.

Shoot. Missed this until after my post. But I don't think you have much to do with confusion on the point.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
... what I said and have continued to say is that God doesn't use rape...

:think:

Spoiler
Isaiah 13The burden of Babylon, which Isaiah the son of Amoz did see.

2 Lift ye up a banner upon the high mountain, exalt the voice unto them, shake the hand, that they may go into the gates of the nobles.

3 I have commanded my sanctified ones, I have also called my mighty ones for mine anger, even them that rejoice in my highness.

4 The noise of a multitude in the mountains, like as of a great people; a tumultuous noise of the kingdoms of nations gathered together: the Lord of hosts mustereth the host of the battle.

5 They come from a far country, from the end of heaven, even the Lord, and the weapons of his indignation, to destroy the whole land.

6 Howl ye; for the day of the Lord is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.

7 Therefore shall all hands be faint, and every man's heart shall melt:

8 And they shall be afraid: pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them; they shall be in pain as a woman that travaileth: they shall be amazed one at another; their faces shall be as flames.

9 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.

10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.

11 And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.

12 I will make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir.

13 Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the Lord of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger.

14 And it shall be as the chased roe, and as a sheep that no man taketh up: they shall every man turn to his own people, and flee every one into his own land.

15 Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword.

16 Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.

17 Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them, which shall not regard silver; and as for gold, they shall not delight in it.

18 Their bows also shall dash the young men to pieces; and they shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eyes shall not spare children.

19 And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.

20 It shall never be inhabited, neither shall it be dwelt in from generation to generation: neither shall the Arabian pitch tent there; neither shall the shepherds make their fold there.

21 But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there; and their houses shall be full of doleful creatures; and owls shall dwell there, and satyrs shall dance there.

22 And the wild beasts of the islands shall cry in their desolate houses, and dragons in their pleasant palaces: and her time is near to come, and her days shall not be prolonged.

poor poor town, still a total fail :(

Status
Not open for further replies.