musterion

darn

and i already bought the man-thong

lime green, just like borat! :banana:

SlUPWTz.gif

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
A humanist thinks of himself as a god, and judges all things from his point of view....man being the ultimate judge in any particular.
I didn't say define humanism, I said particularly connect it to anything I've written.

The humanist has a lot of trouble with any form of punishment coming from God,
I believe God judges and punishes. I also believe He corrects and chastises His own as well.

because if man was god he'd be able to say stripping deserves no punishment in this life at all. His own judgments would be the standard for all things. Unfortunately, one man will say thus and so is wrong and the next man will not agree.
In fairness, many a person who loves Christ differs on all sorts of exegesis, which is why everyone isn't Catholic, or Presbyterian or Methodist, etc. So to some extent our own judgments are in play. Hopefully, we're doing our best to conform them and not the other way around.

No, I don't get to judge who is raped for their transgressions. God decides that, and I can look at the results of what happens and recognize what is obvious to most right thinking people.
Where I, for reasons given prior and scripture noted, reject the notion that rape is ever, in any instance, God's will for anyone. Evil will never be.

And it isn't about whether rape is worse than fire, but about the evil nature of the thing God punishes (rape) and the congress which is forbidden by God outside of the marital estate.

Now if we aren't to have sex outside of our marriage, then sex absent that holy estate is a sin. And God isn't dividing His house.

:e4e:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Where I, for reasons given prior and scripture noted, reject the notion that rape is ever, in any instance, God's will for anyone.

:think:

Isaiah 13The burden of Babylon, which Isaiah the son of Amoz did see.

2 Lift ye up a banner upon the high mountain, exalt the voice unto them, shake the hand, that they may go into the gates of the nobles.

3 I have commanded my sanctified ones, I have also called my mighty ones for mine anger, even them that rejoice in my highness.

4 The noise of a multitude in the mountains, like as of a great people; a tumultuous noise of the kingdoms of nations gathered together: the Lord of hosts mustereth the host of the battle.

5 They come from a far country, from the end of heaven, even the Lord, and the weapons of his indignation, to destroy the whole land.

6 Howl ye; for the day of the Lord is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.

7 Therefore shall all hands be faint, and every man's heart shall melt:

8 And they shall be afraid: pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them; they shall be in pain as a woman that travaileth: they shall be amazed one at another; their faces shall be as flames.

9 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.

10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.

11 And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.

12 I will make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir.

13 Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the Lord of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger.

14 And it shall be as the chased roe, and as a sheep that no man taketh up: they shall every man turn to his own people, and flee every one into his own land.

15 Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword.

16 Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.

17 Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them, which shall not regard silver; and as for gold, they shall not delight in it.

18 Their bows also shall dash the young men to pieces; and they shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eyes shall not spare children.

19 And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.

20 It shall never be inhabited, neither shall it be dwelt in from generation to generation: neither shall the Arabian pitch tent there; neither shall the shepherds make their fold there.

21 But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there; and their houses shall be full of doleful creatures; and owls shall dwell there, and satyrs shall dance there.

22 And the wild beasts of the islands shall cry in their desolate houses, and dragons in their pleasant palaces: and her time is near to come, and her days shall not be prolonged.

surely not their wives ravished!

surely not on the day of the Lord!

surely not to punish the wicked for their iniquity!

God, using a method that is "inherently sinful"?

shirley knott!

:mock: town

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Here goes nothing:
i don't know what an antheist is :idunno:
We'll add it to the ponderous list. Well, the next time an errant keystroke stops you cold try using a dictionary until most of the letters match. :plain: I've been a little distracted today, as you know. So people are just going to have to work around that sort of error, assuming it's a problem for anyone else.

maybe it's like a "stint"
Maybe you shouldn't make a joke about that.

For those of you who don't know, he's referencing another keystroke error I made discussing my father's heart attack yesterday and the things that are following it today, which is mostly why I'm distracted.

That's who and how this fellow is.

Now that's where a decent human being, even an obsessive, angry one, would think, "That was over the line. I should do something about that."

And this is what followed:
gosh, aren't you a whiny little girl? :chuckle:

if you can't take it, unplug for awhile

seriously - why are you wasting time here when your family needs you?
If he's your pal...that's who you're comfortable with. I hope he's never in this position and if he ever is I hope I don't sound even a little like him. Cancer has more humanity than he evidenced today. God help him and anyone who encourages him.

Ah, well.

glorydaz

Here goes nothing:

Now that's where a decent human being, even an obsessive, angry one, would think, "That was over the line. I should do something about that."

And this is what followed:

If he's your pal...that's who you're comfortable with. I hope he's never in this position and if he ever is I hope I don't sound even a little like him. Cancer has more humanity than he evidenced today. God help him and anyone who encourages him.

Ah, well.

Why do you let what he says bother you at all? You've seen what Bybee and some of her cronies have said to me....or maybe you haven't seen them at their "finest", but I have no problem, whatsoever, considering the source. They are foolish....and when doser says things like he does to you, he's foolish, too.

I happen to agree with him on this issue. Agreeing with someone on a particular issue is certainly is not encouraging any bad behavior he may be exhibiting toward you. Give him a smack back and continue on your way....as if he was a gnat that flies by just to distract you.

glorydaz

Don’t you read that the verse say ‘judge righteously’?

What that means is don't tell a stripper she doesn't deserve to suffer any consequences for her bad behavior. Don't be claiming strippers aren't doing anything WRONG. You people are judging WRONGLY..... saying what is evil is good and saying what is good is evil.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Why do you let what he says bother you at all?
Because I'm a son who loves his father and is in a particularly stressful situation. Mostly he hasn't for a long while. But that was just the sort of thing I never expect from anyone.

You've seen what Bybee and some of her cronies have said to me....or maybe you haven't seen them at their "finest", but I have no problem, whatsoever, considering the source. They are foolish....and when doser says things like he does to you, he's foolish, too.
I haven't been around for a while and I've gathered some of my friends are at one another. It bothers me, but I'd call out, if privately, any friend who crossed the line Sod did with me. I'd have to. It's unconscionable, indecent.

I happen to agree with him on this issue.
Happens all the time. I disagree with most of my friends on one thing or another, agree on others.

Agreeing with someone on a particular issue is certainly is not encouraging any bad behavior he may be exhibiting toward you.
I don't disagree with that at all.

Give him a smack back and continue on your way....as if he was a gnat that flies by just to distract you.
I just put him on ignore. Had him there last time around after he defamed the dead in a shooting. I don't recall taking him off, but I must have. Bad decision. Hopefully not a mistake I'll repeat.

:e4e:

genuineoriginal

so if i judge strippers, as long as i don't strip it's all good, right?
Not quite.

That is too specific of an interpretation to match what Paul was saying in the passage.

The verse needs to be understood as saying you are only to judge a transgressor of the law if you yourself are not a transgressor of the law.

James 2:10-11
10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.​

lifeisgood

What that means is don't tell a stripper she doesn't deserve to suffer any consequences for her bad behavior. Don't be claiming strippers aren't doing anything WRONG. You people are judging WRONGLY..... saying what is evil is good and saying what is good is evil.

:doh:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The feminist minded do a bang up job of judging righteously with these subjects because their thought processes are adulterated.

lifeisgood

1 Corinthians 10:12 --- Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall. (KJV)

So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall! (NIV)

If you think you are standing strong, be careful not to fall. (NLT)

So the one who thinks he is standing firm should be careful not to fall. (BEREAN)

Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed that he does not fall. (NASB)

Wherefore he that thinketh himself to stand, let him take heed lest he fall. (Douay-Rheims Bible)

Status
Not open for further replies.