Anyone Who Thinks Another Person Deserves To Be Raped Is A Knob

Status
Not open for further replies.

glorydaz

You are the storm trooper for TOL?
If Arthur asks me to cease and desist of course I shall.
It is not your call to make Miss Nosy Parker!

I'm a poster here just like you. But I use my brain as well as my mouth and I have limits while you have none. Are you going to start calling me nasty names now? :popcorn:

The fact remains, you admitted your issue has nothing to do with whether someone deserves what they get or not. Have a hissy fit while you stand by your statement...at least have the guts to stand by it.

bybee

I'm a poster here just like you. But I use my brain as well as my mouth and I have limits while you have none. Are you going to start calling me nasty names now? :popcorn:

The fact remains, you admitted your issue has nothing to do with whether someone deserves what they get or not. Have a hissy fit while you stand by your statement...at least have the guts to stand by it.

Possibly............

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Just like consequences for bad behavior....reaping what we sow.

doesn't happen according to town

because.....reasons

oh right - and david was wrong in psalms

because.....reasons

and it's ok for God to use molten sulfur to burn cities full of children to death as punishment, and it's ok for God to use wild bears to tear apart 42 children with tooth and claw as punishment....

but to consider that God might use a rapist to punish the wicked?

that's where town draws the line

because..... reasons

and if you show him Zechariah?

Zechariah 14 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

you get:
town said:
fingers+in+your+ears.jpg

Last edited:

glorydaz

The you've reduced allows to a general state of the world and given we all experience that state why use the term at all? It must signify something. I'd say God allowed sin because sin comes with our imperfection and will. No way around it really. The moment we were made the cross was inevitable. Doesn't mean God desires our suffering, only that he values our existence more.

That God allows suffering is a fact. The term allow is perfect...it's speaking of His permissive will. God doesn't desire our suffering just for suffering's sake, but He allows it for good reasons. It's those reasons and methods that we're arguing about. Suffering itself has a great many purposes....it's good for us. It teaches us and makes us stronger. It's a part of our being conformed into His image. It's the fellowship of His suffering.

You're talking about what you think. You're a person. I'm talking about the sort of error they made and I think it dovetails nicely into your assertion about God using the unjust to punish. It invites us to judge as Job's friends did. It invites error and serves no real purpose else.

Actually, I'm talking about what God says about reaping and sowing and calling evil what it is instead of making excuses for it.

So telling someone the truth shouldn't be done because we might be tempted to judge unjustly? Everything invites error in this life, but that does not mean we should stop living life. Job's friends understood that, in most cases, suffering comes on those who have done wrong. Job was not like most people, because he had done nothing wrong, and God was allowing him to be tested. In the case of a lewd woman, or in the case of a rapist, they should be told that they can be sure their sins will find them out. That they deserve to reap the rewards of their immoral acts, and that God will most probably see that they do. He is JUST in all respects. Just because He doesn't always give us what we deserve, doesn't mean He most often doesn't allow us to suffer for our wrong doing. Clearly, such verses as this are talking about being punished in this life....for our evil deeds.

Ezra 9:13
And after all that is come upon us for our evil deeds, and for our great trespass, seeing that thou our God hast punished us less than our iniquities deserve, and hast given us such deliverance as this;​

I'm not ignoring the rest of your post, but will have to respond a little at a time. :)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

because.....reasons

because.....reasons

and it's ok for God to use molten sulfur to burn cities full of children to death as punishment, and it's ok for God to use wild beasts to tear apart 42 children with tooth and claw as punishment....

because..... reasons

Zechariah 14 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

you get:

Ok then , OT rapes were deserved and NT reps are not.

ClimateSanity

because.....reasons

because.....reasons

and it's ok for God to use molten sulfur to burn cities full of children to death as punishment, and it's ok for God to use wild beasts to tear apart 42 children with tooth and claw as punishment....

because..... reasons

you get:
Because rape is more than a crime. Its a special crime that is worse than all crimes ever conceived. It is political.

ok doser

God's methods ...(are)... not inherently sinful. ... Rape is inherently sinful.

:think:

i think you've just argued yourself into a corner:

ok doser

hey artie!

did the women of Jeruslam deserve to be raped as part of God's judgement on a wicked nation?

i predict .....

crickets

ok doser

Would you please tell me why David would pray that God would give the workers of iniquity according to their deeds and after the work of their hands?

Psalm 28:3-4
Draw me not away with the wicked, and with the workers of iniquity, which speak peace to their neighbours, but mischief is in their hearts. Give them according to their deeds, and according to the wickedness of their endeavours: give them after the work of their hands; render to them their desert.

great question

David prayed for the thing he wanted. David isn't perfect. Not even close.

glory, please hold his feet to the fire on this one - this is as slippery and dishonest as i've seen him - i know he's your friend so i won't be more explicit, but don't let him wave away psalms 28 like this

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:think:

i think you've just argued yourself into a corner:
That's because you approach scripture like an antheist.

God is telling them what will happen when the Romans take their city. He isn't commanding the Romans to rape.

I think you belong in a corner. :plain:

ok doser

Isaiah 13The burden of Babylon, which Isaiah the son of Amoz did see.

2 Lift ye up a banner upon the high mountain, exalt the voice unto them, shake the hand, that they may go into the gates of the nobles.

3 I have commanded my sanctified ones, I have also called my mighty ones for mine anger, even them that rejoice in my highness.

4 The noise of a multitude in the mountains, like as of a great people; a tumultuous noise of the kingdoms of nations gathered together: the Lord of hosts mustereth the host of the battle.

5 They come from a far country, from the end of heaven, even the Lord, and the weapons of his indignation, to destroy the whole land.

6 Howl ye; for the day of the Lord is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.

7 Therefore shall all hands be faint, and every man's heart shall melt:

8 And they shall be afraid: pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them; they shall be in pain as a woman that travaileth: they shall be amazed one at another; their faces shall be as flames.

9 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.

10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.

11 And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.

12 I will make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir.

13 Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the Lord of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger.

14 And it shall be as the chased roe, and as a sheep that no man taketh up: they shall every man turn to his own people, and flee every one into his own land.

15 Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword.

16 Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.

17 Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them, which shall not regard silver; and as for gold, they shall not delight in it.

18 Their bows also shall dash the young men to pieces; and they shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eyes shall not spare children.

19 And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.

20 It shall never be inhabited, neither shall it be dwelt in from generation to generation: neither shall the Arabian pitch tent there; neither shall the shepherds make their fold there.

21 But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there; and their houses shall be full of doleful creatures; and owls shall dwell there, and satyrs shall dance there.

22 And the wild beasts of the islands shall cry in their desolate houses, and dragons in their pleasant palaces: and her time is near to come, and her days shall not be prolonged.

surely not their wives ravished!

surely not on the day of the Lord!

surely not to punish the wicked for their iniquity!

God, using a method that is "inherently sinful"?

shirley knott!

:mock: town

Status
Not open for further replies.