ECT Addiction/habitual sin Salvation Hope? No Hope?

Addiction/habitual sin Salvation Hope? No Hope?

• 1) No hope, if still in his/her addiction or worse off

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
The flesh is dead because of sin. A heroine user or a homo is not having their sin imputed to them.

And that has nothing to do with whether or not they should stop that behavior. They should stop because it is ruining lives.

It's a little more than just "ruining your life"...

Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;

That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.

For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries:
Wherein they think it strange that ye run not with them to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of you:

Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.

I Peter 4:1-5
Ps 32:2

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Rinse and repeat post #78 :)

A few housekeeping items:
animated-smileys-housekeeping-148.gif

I read in hybrid mode. This 'read #78' doesn't help too much.
aloof-and-bored009_2.gif

Lon

I had intended on posting shortly after starting the thread. I had a friend who died of tobacco addiction recently. She was way too young to pass on at age 58. However, she was a wonderful giving person and dearly loved God and His people.

Romans 11:6 But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace.
Romans 6:4 For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
1Co 11:28 Let a person examine himself, then, and so eat of the bread and drink of the cup.
1Co 11:29 For anyone who eats and drinks without discerning the body eats and drinks judgment on himself.
1Co 11:30 That is why many of you are weak and ill, and some have died.
1Co 11:31 But if we judged ourselves truly, we would not be judged.
1Co 11:32 But when we are judged by the Lord, we are disciplined so that we may not be condemned along with the world.

I believe scripture is clear that grace is grace is grace is grace. Christians must live in the grace, love, and mercy of God.

Imho, ALL sin is habitual sin. If we get this wrong with an addict, I think we get it wrong with ourselves. I was talking to a neighbor who lives with some regret of being a prolific fornicator. I simply said that I have, I believe, hurt people far worse, with my past inappropriate anger expression where the scars seem far uglier. The point? Grace. I pray for those under a particularly heinous addiction, like my friend with a tobacco addiction, but I'd trade her life for life if I could undo some of the past hurts my anger has caused. God, in grace, has given me distance from those uncontrolled outbursts, but I'm ever under grace's watchful eye and I firmly believe, sincerely, that ONLY living in grace, love, and mercy can 1) truly help in our practical living 2) is the right way for us to understand our condition and I believe Gracers get this exactly right. We are no longer identified by this master and 3) that we may struggle in this life, and indeed some of us die young or are sick because of the here and now consequences of our choices. We can't get this wrong with God, if we are indeed dwelling in His Grace, but we can do damage to our loved ones and ourselves as well as mess up God's plans for us in being effectual for Him. I generally tell people to get involved serving somewhere, that it'll help with avoiding the problematics. This was not the case with my sister in Christ, she continued to smoke. There are practical ways we can help ourselves and others get away from addictions like Philippians 4:8 and being transformed by the renewing of our minds Romans 12:2

I am not attempting to do addiction recovery or advice, but rather trying to give hope. Addiction takes over our lives where they are owned and devoted to God. I pray that "Hope" finds you today (all of us). Those who walk in grace, no longer have sin counted against them. Romans 4:8