ECT According to Paul he was not the only one that preached the MYSTERY.

God's Truth

"Everything Jesus says stands forever…. Jesus' words are for everyone.....We always have to obey God ...We always have to obey Jesus….........I obey all of Jesus' teachings....I follow all of Jesus teachings, exactly as he says…..Faith is obeying everything that Jesus says."”-God’sUNTruth

You just have no idea about God's Truth. None.

God's Truth

Who is "they"? The "experts"?

What it is is that I want to good explanation of why Paul would not make a SINGLE mention of Jesus as "our High Priest".

When Paul refers to our bodies as the "temple of God", he is NOT referring to priesthood!

He is referring to it AS THE RESIDENCE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT!

The fact that you cannot make these simple distinctions shows your spiritual blindness.

1Cor 3:16 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:16) Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

1Cor 6:19 (AKJV/PCE)
(6:19) What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

You think you disproved me how?
lol

Right Divider

Body part
Revelation 5:9 And they sang a new song, saying:

“You are worthy to take the scroll
and to open its seals,
because you were slain,
and with your blood you purchased for God
persons from every tribe and language and people and nation.
10 You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God,
and they will reign on the earth.”

Even Paul uses the word 'Gentile' when other nations are spoken of in the Old Testament.
Your BIG FONTS do not impress me in the least.

You do realize that God has ALWAYS said that He would gather His REMNANT (of Israel) from the FOUR CORNERS of the earth, right?

Isa 11:12 (AKJV/PCE)
(11:12) And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

Jer 23:1-4 (AKJV/PCE)
(23:1) Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the LORD. (23:2) Therefore thus saith the LORD God of Israel against the pastors that feed my people; Ye have scattered my flock, and driven them away, and have not visited them: behold, I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the LORD. (23:3) And I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all countries whither I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase. (23:4) And I will set up shepherds over them which shall feed them: and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, neither shall they be lacking, saith the LORD.

The entire book of Revelation is SATURATED with ISRAEL. It's impossible to miss unless you try to force your ideas on the Bible.... oh wait....

Jeremiah continues with this:

Jer 23:5-8 (AKJV/PCE)
(23:5) ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth. (23:6) In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this [is] his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS. (23:7) Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that they shall no more say, The LORD liveth, which brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt; (23:8) But, The LORD liveth, which brought up and which led the seed of the house of Israel out of the north country, and from all countries whither I had driven them; and they shall dwell in their own land.

So much for your "great discovery".

God's Truth

You do realize that God has ALWAYS said that He would gather His REMNANT (of Israel) from the FOUR CORNERS of the earth, right?

(11:12) And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

(23:1) Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the LORD. (23:2) Therefore thus saith the LORD God of Israel against the pastors that feed my people; Ye have scattered my flock, and driven them away, and have not visited them: behold, I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the LORD. (23:3) And I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all countries whither I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase. (23:4) And I will set up shepherds over them which shall feed them: and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, neither shall they be lacking, saith the LORD.

The entire book of Revelation is SATURATED with ISRAEL. It's impossible to miss unless you try to force your ideas on the Bible.... oh wait....

(23:5) ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth. (23:6) In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this [is] his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS. (23:7) Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that they shall no more say, The LORD liveth, which brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt; (23:8) But, The LORD liveth, which brought up and which led the seed of the house of Israel out of the north country, and from all countries whither I had driven them; and they shall dwell in their own land.

The Old Testament is a prophecy about Jesus. Jesus fulfills all the LAW AND THE PROPHETS.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yes, that is correct; no one knows.

But what we do know is that EVERY KNOWN epistle of Paul's has PAUL as the FIRST word.

Secondly, Paul says that THIS is the way that HE signs ALL of HIS epistles.

Therefore, it is wrong to use the book of Hebrews AS IF Paul wrote it. Wouldn't you agree?

2Thess 3:17 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:17) The salutation of Paul with mine own hand, which is the token in every epistle: so I write.

It is one thing to "rule out Paul", it is completely another to claim that Paul wrote it (which is what GT was trying to do to "prove" her point).

In other words, we CANNOT attribute to Paul a book which has an unknown author. As an additional note, there is NOT ONE instance of ANY word containing "priest" in the THIRTEEN epistles that we DO KNOW that Paul wrote.

But thanks for playing.

Another possible reason for it not to have been written by Paul is, he was the Apostle to the Gentiles and Hebrews was written to the twelve tribes of Israel.

Interplanner

Another possible reason for it not to have been written by Paul is, he was the Apostle to the Gentiles and Hebrews was written to the twelve tribes of Israel.

Nope, not written just to them. Lots of pointed remarks, but the salvation in it is universal. Lots of examples from their history, but it all applies to all mankind, so does all the NT. The premise of chopping up the NT is dangerous and toxic. It was the faith delivered once and for all (ha pax legomena). ONCE. FOR ALL.

Interplanner

Right Divider

Body part
The faith was delivered once and for all (people). there is more overlap than separation in Hebrews. Heb 1 overlaps a lot with Col 1 and Col 2 has the shadow/reality contrast that hebrews uses a lot.

Your persistent search for chop ups and divisions is suspect at best.
You have consistently proven yourself to be delusional, Mr. Toxic.

The "discussion" that you want is just to tell us what all the ways that we are wrong. NOPE. It is you that is without a clue.

Interplanner

You have consistently proven yourself to be delusional, Mr. Toxic.

The "discussion" that you want is just to tell us what all the ways that we are wrong. NOPE. It is you that is without a clue.

Do you have a specific comment about when Paul said all the apostles taught the same thing about the mystery?

You just get angry and blast me in general. You'll calm down, I'm sure, if you just deal with one detail at a time.

Interplanner

That gathering of israel was the new Israel, the believers. Rom 9:6 and 24. The NT uses these passages several times in Rom 9-11, 15. No it does not envision a separate treatment for Israel as an ethne, because that was done in the warnings and finale of the destruction of Jerusalem.