ECT According to Paul he was not the only one that preached the MYSTERY.

Right Divider

Body part
That gathering of israel was the new Israel, the believers. Rom 9:6 and 24. The NT uses these passages several times in Rom 9-11, 15. No it does not envision a separate treatment for Israel as an ethne, because that was done in the warnings and finale of the destruction of Jerusalem.
Just ignore the evident and keep on truckin' IP.

God's Truth

Another possible reason for it not to have been written by Paul is, he was the Apostle to the Gentiles and Hebrews was written to the twelve tribes of Israel.

Paul preached to the Jews too.

Believe what Paul says.

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Right Divider

Body part
See the 4 passages quoted in Rom 9 after he says it is Jew and Gentile. That's not me. that's Paul, but oh well.
Romans 9:6 is always twisted by posers like you to say the exact opposite of what it actually means. Paul is simply excluding UNBELIEVING Israel from Israel. It not hard to understand.

Regarding Romans 9:24, God never excluded gentiles from JOINING with Israel. But that never meant that Israel was somehow NOT God's chosen people on the earth.

I guess that you must be one of those "all believer are now 'spiritual Israel'" types.

You probably also poo-poo this one too:

Rom 11:1-2 (AKJV/PCE)
(11:1) I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, [of] the tribe of Benjamin. (11:2) God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,

When the kingdom comes, Israel will be at the forefront as the Lord Jesus Christ will sit on His throne in Jerusalem.

God's Truth

You probably also poo-poo this one too:

Rom 11:1-2 (AKJV/PCE)
(11:1) I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, [of] the tribe of Benjamin. (11:2) God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,

That scripture is Paul explaining and reassuring everyone that God did not forever cut off all Jews. However, it must have seemed like it.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
That is the Lord Jesus Christ to you, Jeff;put the bong down, and show the Saviour some respect. He is not one of your junkie bud's.

You don't even know how to peek.

John 21:22
Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
yes it is different

something about Jesus,
his death and resurrection
What are the differences?

John preached the good news. Jesus preached the good news, and all the apostles preached the good news.
What good news did they preach? Did Jesus preach about His death and resurrection before they happened to anyone other than the 12? Did the 12?

Luke 16:16
The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John. Since that time, the gospel of the kingdom of God is being preached, and everyone is forcing his way into it.

This is the good news preached:

The good news of the kingdom.

The good news.

The good news about Jesus the Messiah, the Son of God,

The good news of God.

The good news of Jesus is the Messiah.

The good news of the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ,

The good news about Jesus.

The good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all.

The good news about the Lord Jesus.

Since John the baptist, Jesus, and the rest, repent and be saved is the way to salvation.
What did that good news include?

God's Truth

It means more than that. God will restore the kingdom to Israel, just like the disciples asked Jesus in Act 1.

It does not say more than that.

As for the restoration, Jesus says all things are restored, see Matthew 17:11-12; and Mark 9:12. David’s fallen tent is restored see Acts 15:16.

God's Truth

What good news did they preach?

I have shown you.

I will shown you again, this time with the scripture references:

Jesus preached the Good News, the Apostles taught the Good News, and Paul taught the same Good News.

Matthew 4:23
[ Jesus Heals the Sick ] Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people.

Matthew 9:35
[ The Workers Are Few ] Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness.
Matthew 11:5

The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is proclaimed to the poor.

Mark 1:1
[ John the Baptist Prepares the Way ] The beginning of the good news about Jesus the Messiah, the Son of God,

Mark 1:14
[ Jesus Announces the Good News ] After John was put in prison, Jesus went into Galilee, proclaiming the good news of God.

Mark 1:15
“The time has come,” he said. “The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!”

Luke 3:18
And with many other words John exhorted the people and proclaimed the good news to them.

Luke 4:18
“The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free,

Luke 4:43
But he said, “I must proclaim the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns also, because that is why I was sent.”

Luke 7:22
So he replied to the messengers, “Go back and report to John what you have seen and heard: The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is proclaimed to the poor.

Luke 8:1
[ The Parable of the Sower ] After this, Jesus traveled about from one town and village to another, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom of God. The Twelve were with him,

Luke 9:6
So they set out and went from village to village, proclaiming the good news and healing people everywhere.

Luke 16:16
[ Additional Teachings ] “The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John. Since that time, the good news of the kingdom of God is being preached, and everyone is forcing their way into it.

Luke 20:1
[ The Authority of Jesus Questioned ] One day as Jesus was teaching the people in the temple courts and proclaiming the good news, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, together with the elders, came up to him.

Acts 5:42
Day after day, in the temple courts and from house to house, they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Messiah.

Acts 8:12
But when they believed Philip as he proclaimed the good news of the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ,they were baptized, both men and women.

Acts 8:35
Then Philip began with that very passage of Scripture and told him the good news about Jesus.

Acts 10:36
You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, announcing the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all.

Acts 11:20
Some of them, however, men from Cyprus and Cyrene, went to Antioch and began to speak to Greeks also, telling them the good news about the Lord Jesus.

Acts 13:32
“We tell you the good news: What God promised our ancestors

Acts 14:15
“Friends, why are you doing this? We too are only human, like you. We are bringing you good news, telling you to turn from these worthless things to the living God, who made the heavens and the earth and the sea and everything in them.

Acts 17:18
A group of Epicurean and Stoic philosophers began to debate with him. Some of them asked, “What is this babbler trying to say?” Others remarked, “He seems to be advocating foreign gods.” They said this because Paul was preaching the good news about Jesus and the resurrection.

Acts 20:24
However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.

Romans 10:15
And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”

Romans 10:16
But not all the Israelites accepted the good news. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our message?”

Hebrews 4:2
For we also have had the good news proclaimed to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because they did not share the faith of those who obeyed.

Hebrews 4:6
Therefore since it still remains for some to enter that rest, and since those who formerly had the good news proclaimed to them did not go in because of their disobedience,
7 God again set a certain day, calling it "Today." This he did when a long time later he spoke through David, as in the passage already quoted: "Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts." 8 For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken later about another day.11 Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will perish by following their example of disobedience.

There is one gospel, and one good news.

Did Jesus preach about His death and resurrection before they happened to anyone other than the 12? Did the 12?

Jesus preached it. That is good enough. Jesus was LAYING THE FOUNDATION, and then the Apostles also helped lay it after Jesus ascended to heaven.

What did that good news include?

Salvation through belief in Jesus for the forgiveness of sins one repented of...reconciliation to God.

Right Divider

Body part
It does not say more than that.

As for the restoration, Jesus says all things are restored, see Matthew 17:11-12; and Mark 9:12. David’s fallen tent is restored see Acts 15:16.
:juggle:
That is some wild-eyed stuff there GT. Who is teaching this silly stuff?

The kingdom will not be a tent.

It is amazing how poor your reading and comprehension skill are; you always try to force scripture INTO your preconceived ideas.

Acts 15:13-21 (AKJV/PCE)
(15:13) ¶ And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men [and] brethren, hearken unto me: (15:14) Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name. (15:15) And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written, (15:16) After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up: (15:17) That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things. (15:18) Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world. (15:19) Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God: (15:20) But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and [from] fornication, and [from] things strangled, and [from] blood. (15:21) For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

Note that it does NOT say anything about this being FULFILLED, only that it AGREES with what the prophet said. Go read the QUOTED passage and you might learn some more.

Amos 9:11-15 (AKJV/PCE)
(9:11) ¶ In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old: (9:12) That they may possess the remnant of Edom, and of all the heathen, which are called by my name, saith the LORD that doeth this. (9:13) Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that the plowman shall overtake the reaper, and the treader of grapes him that soweth seed; and the mountains shall drop sweet wine, and all the hills shall melt. (9:14) And I will bring again the captivity of my people of Israel, and they shall build the waste cities, and inhabit [them]; and they shall plant vineyards, and drink the wine thereof; they shall also make gardens, and eat the fruit of them. (9:15) And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God.

The LORD will plant THEM in THEIR land and THEY shall no more be pulled out of THEIR land which the LORD has given THEM.

Interplanner

RD wrote:
Note that it does NOT say anything about this being FULFILLED,

lol, that's the whole point sir! Reading comprehension?

2P2P gloms onto the Bible but is not actually in it.

The vision of being forever planted needs to be qualified two ways:
1, it is the Israel that believes the Gospel; the new Israel. That's how the NT handles that
2, the vision is true if we are talking NHNE. It is not referring to an episode in Israel here on earth as we know it.

As usual, such OT visions expressed the future in terms they were familiar with, but like Mal 2 shows, even the temple that was "rebuilt" then was 'nothing in comparison to David's'. Herod spent a ton of money trying to be the real fufillment of that with his temple. Literalism is expensive!

God's Truth

:juggle:
That is some wild-eyed stuff there GT. Who is teaching this silly stuff?

The kingdom will not be a tent.

That is not what I said.

I said the body is a temple. THAT IS WHAT the scriptures say.

Do you need the scriptures that say that?

The Bible says the kingdom of heaven is IN the saved. That is about having the Spirit of God.

It is amazing how poor your reading and comprehension skill are; you always try to force scripture INTO your preconceived ideas.

Acts 15:13-21 (AKJV/PCE)

You are not even touching the scriptures I gave.

(15:13) ¶ And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men [and] brethren, hearken unto me: (15:14) Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name. (15:15) And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,

That is where Paul now is going to speak about the Old Testament.

(15:16) After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up: (15:17) That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things. (15:18) Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.

That is from the Old Testament.

(15:19) Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God: (15:20) But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and [from] fornication, and [from] things strangled, and [from] blood. (15:21) For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

Note that it does NOT say anything about this being FULFILLED, only that it AGREES with what the prophet said. Go read the QUOTED passage and you might learn some more.
What don't you get about the UNBELIEVING Pharisees and unbelieving teachers of the law being in charge over the temple?

Those who reject Christ were in charge of the temple. They made sure that the Jews followed the old law and if they did not, they were put in jail, tortured, and killed.

SaulToPaul 2

2P2P is a fantastic gleaning mission not dealing with reality, but rather a self induced narcotic haze where tidbits of scripture are used to form wild scnearios that rather than edify the spirit they propogate the flesh. We must stand together to stamp out this kind of rampant profileration of fictionary pursuits and bring ourselves back under submission to Gen 24:64C and the like, and find ourselves grounded in the truth of Jude 2:29A where we stand fast and look upon the NHNE event. Agreed?

dodge

Think about it. Believe WHAT about Jesus? Believe What?

Jesus says he forgives sins.

THAT IS WHAT WE HAVE TO BELIEVE...we have to believe that Jesus forgives SINS THAT WE REPENT OF DOING.

The Jews used to go to the priest and offer animals.

Now we have to go to Jesus.

That is what we have to believe.

We are not to believe in our believing.

We are not to do nothing.

Got ya, don't believe Jesus believe you ! Nope.

Jhn 6:29
Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

dodge

=there is only one piece of good news per scripture, and Dodgeball, and Judas preached the gospel of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV

=satanic

I can see you cannot help being an idiot. There does not to seem to be a cure for your stupidity.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
2P2P is a fantastic gleaning mission not dealing with reality, but rather a self induced narcotic haze where tidbits of scripture are used to form wild scnearios that rather than edify the spirit they propogate the flesh. We must stand together to stamp out this kind of rampant profileration of fictionary pursuits and bring ourselves back under submission to Gen 24:64C and the like, and find ourselves grounded in the truth of Jude 2:29A where we stand fast and look upon the NHNE event. Agreed?

"Yeah, I'us rat out dar in it!- Earnest T

Interplanner

Let's talk after you read Ryrie's chapter.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
RD wrote:
Note that it does NOT say anything about this being FULFILLED,

lol, that's the whole point sir! Reading comprehension?

The vision of being forever planted needs to be qualified two ways:
1, it is the Israel that believes the Gospel; the new Israel. That's how the NT handles that
2, the vision is true if we are talking NHNE. It is not referring to an episode in Israel here on earth as we know it.

As usual, such OT visions expressed the future in terms they were familiar with, but like Mal 2 shows, even the temple that was "rebuilt" then was 'nothing in comparison to David's'. Herod spent a ton of money trying to be the real fufillment of that with his temple. Literalism is expensive!
The Dome of the Rock will be destroyed and a new temple built, while the putrid red dirt will be no more, with literalism sprinkled about.