ECT According to Paul he was not the only one that preached the MYSTERY.

john w

Hall of Fame
No one knows who wrote Hebrews.

Therefore, since no one knows, it's impossible to rule Paul out.

All you Preterists say that no one knows if Genesis really happened, or if the parting of the Red Sea happened,since it is not literal, as that would not be "spiritual."

All you Preterists say that no one knows if Paul was a literal writer.

How did you get so stupid, little arms Craigie?

DAN P

He does.

Who do you think the head of the temple is?

Hi and the word TEMPLE is a transliterated Greek word , that many meanings , like TEMPLE , and Inner Sanctuary , !!

The INNER SANCTUARY is where the Holy Spirit dwells in each belkiever !!

Like in 1 Cor 6:19 !!

dan p

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Heb 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty; with whom, if he come shortly, I will see you.

(Acts 16:1-4) Paul came to Derbe and then to Lystra, where a disciple named Timothy lived, whose mother was Jewish and a believer but whose father was a Greek. 2 The believers at Lystra and Iconium spoke well of him. 3 Paul wanted to take him along on the journey, so he circumcised him because of the Jews who lived in that area, for they all knew that his father was a Greek.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Heb 13:22 And I beseech you, brethren, suffer the word of exhortation: for I have written a letter unto you in few words.
Heb 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty; with whom, if he come shortly, I will see you.
Heb 13:24 Salute all them that have the rule over you, and all the saints. They of Italy salute you.
Heb 13:25 Grace be with you all. Amen. Written to the Hebrews from Italy, by Timothy.

Sounds like a letter, to me.

LOL.

That's what I get for bein' lazy.

Thanks, brother. :eek:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Listen up, you clueless demon-only sinners need a High Priest. Believers have an advocate, not a High Priest. Of course, since you are lost, you do need a High Priest.

Heb 10:19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
Heb 10:20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
Heb 10:21 And having an high priest over the house of God;
Heb 10:22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

john w

Hall of Fame
Heb 10:19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
Heb 10:20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
Heb 10:22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Wow! You, as usual, spam scripture. Weighty. The High priest is for sinners. I know that is quite deep.

John 2:1 KJV My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Believers have an advocate; sinners need a High Priest.

Sit, LALost.

Right Divider

Body part
No one knows who wrote Hebrews.

Therefore, since no one knows, it's impossible to rule Paul out.
Yes, that is correct; no one knows.

But what we do know is that EVERY KNOWN epistle of Paul's has PAUL as the FIRST word.

Secondly, Paul says that THIS is the way that HE signs ALL of HIS epistles.

Therefore, it is wrong to use the book of Hebrews AS IF Paul wrote it. Wouldn't you agree?

2Thess 3:17 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:17) The salutation of Paul with mine own hand, which is the token in every epistle: so I write.

It is one thing to "rule out Paul", it is completely another to claim that Paul wrote it (which is what GT was trying to do to "prove" her point).

In other words, we CANNOT attribute to Paul a book which has an unknown author. As an additional note, there is NOT ONE instance of ANY word containing "priest" in the THIRTEEN epistles that we DO KNOW that Paul wrote.

But thanks for playing.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Heb 3:1 Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Heb 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

Heb 5:6 As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Heb 6:20 Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Heb 7:16 Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.
Heb 7:17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Heb 7:21 (For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec:)

Heb 7:24 But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.

Heb 8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;
Heb 8:2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.

LA

Right Divider

Body part

(Acts 16:1-4) Paul came to Derbe and then to Lystra, where a disciple named Timothy lived, whose mother was Jewish and a believer but whose father was a Greek. 2 The believers at Lystra and Iconium spoke well of him. 3 Paul wanted to take him along on the journey, so he circumcised him because of the Jews who lived in that area, for they all knew that his father was a Greek.
And, of course, there is only ONE possible Timothy in all the world.

And, of course, the Timothy that Paul wrote two books to could not possibly know ANY of the circumcision apostles like John, etc. who might actually be the writer of the BOOK TO THE HEBREWS.

Go back to logic school tet.

john w

Hall of Fame
Heb 3:1 Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Heb 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

Heb 5:6 As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Heb 6:20 Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Heb 7:16 Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.
Heb 7:17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Heb 7:21 (For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec:)

Heb 7:24 But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.

Heb 8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;
Heb 8:2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.

LA
Genesis-Revelation.

Nothing to this debating thing-just post scripture, and presto!

You Christ rejecting fraud, clown.

John 2:1 KJV My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Believers have an advocate; sinners need a High Priest.

Sit, LALost.

Danoh

Like the poor saints at Jerusalem were ignorant of the fact that Christ was in them until Paul showed up 20 some odd years later with the "good news".:nono:

You cosigning Squeaky now?

So says the so called expert who apparently hasn't a clue as to what Mystery those two passages are referring to :chuckle:

God's Truth

Hi and God chose Israel to be Kings and Priests and Ex 19:6 and also in Rev 1:6 !!

So where is your verse that the Body of Christ is called Priests ??

The Body of Christ is called a NEW MAN in Eph 2:15 !!

You are wrong , unless you have a verse ?/

dan p

Priest from EVERY nation. Read those scriptures more carefully.

God's Truth

Revelation 5:9 And they sang a new song, saying:

“You are worthy to take the scroll
and to open its seals,
because you were slain,
and with your blood you purchased for God
persons from every tribe and language and people and nation.
10 You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God,
and they will reign on the earth.”

Even Paul uses the word 'Gentile' when other nations are spoken of in the Old Testament.

God's Truth

Listen up, you clueless demon-only sinners need a High Priest. Believers have an advocate, not a High Priest. Of course, since you are lost, you do need a High Priest.

The saved are the TEMPLE. My body is a temple of the Living God. Temples have a priest, and Jesus is the HIGH PRIEST.