A portrait of Jesus in a school? Seriously?

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
News Flash;
The Jews had him crucified for Blasphemy.

Yeah the Jews aren't big on Jesus. They believe that he was a false messiah who led people astray. She was right about how Muslims view him though. He's second only to Mohammed

PureX

Could you explain how Kansas school hanging a picture on a wall is a violation of "[Federal] Congress shall make no law . . . prohibiting the free exercise [of religion]. . . [or] abridging the freedom of speech"?
We could explain it to you, but we know you won't listen to anything we say. So I don't see why any of us should bother. Do you?

fool

Hall of Fame
Yeah the Jews aren't big on Jesus. They believe that he was a false messiah who led people astray.
So a picture of Jesus might be offensive to Jews then.
He did sort of high jack their religion.
She was right about how Muslims view him though. He's second only to Mohammed
And yet putting up a picture of Mohammed doesn't ever seem to help anything...........

fool

Hall of Fame
Lol. Portraits of Jesus always show him as a European white man instead of what he really was

So white hippie Jesus might be offensive to Semitic people as he's high jacking their history and culture.

genuineoriginal

Could you explain how Kansas school hanging a picture on a wall is a violation of "[Federal] Congress shall make no law . . . prohibiting the free exercise [of religion]. . . [or] abridging the freedom of speech"?

We could explain it to you, but we know you won't listen to anything we say. So I don't see why any of us should bother. Do you?

I don't believe you can explain it.

The words of the Amendment are very clear.
The prohibition is solely on the Federal Congress to prevent the Federal Congress from making any law that prohibits the free exercise of religion or that abridges the freedom of speech.

Your objections are about a Kansas school (not the Federal Congress) hanging a picture (not making a law prohibiting anything).

Only the Federal Congress can violate the First Amendment, and it can only do so by passing a law prohibiting any of the things that are enumerated in the First Amendment.

PureX

I don't believe you can explain it.
Like I said, there's no point in explaining it to you, because you aren't going to listen to anything we say. You've already made up your mind. So your question is disingenuous. You don't want an explanation, you just want an excuse to argue.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Like I said, there's no point in explaining it to you, because you aren't going to listen to anything we say. You've already made up your mind. So your question is disingenuous. You don't want an explanation, you just want an excuse to argue.

And you just want any excuse to post a naked lady and this isnt the first time.

genuineoriginal

I want you to do the mental exercise of trying to come up with an explanation so you can find out for yourself that your objection is without merit.

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
Yes, I want them to apply the First Amendment as it is written and according to the intent of the writers of the First Amendment.

Why wouldn't I want that?

Why wouldn't you want that?

There are limitations on the first amendment, obviously. Everyone knows that you can't yell "fire" in a theater. Is that a misapplication as well?