A portrait of Jesus in a school? Seriously?

fool

Hall of Fame

Jose Fly

If so, that certainly supports my side of this debate, since according to the settlement...

"requires teachers and staff to “refrain from organizing or sanctioning organized religious activities including vocal prayer, Bible or religious devotions, scriptural readings or distribution of pamphlets during instructional time.

“The public-address system or assemblies are not to be used for prayer or religious messages,” continued the decree, which also ordered “that there be no invocations at graduation exercises and sporting events.”
"

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
So can you, and since you're the one who insists the school is on the right side of the law, you should have no problem finding a case like this where the school prevailed in court.

Sorry, but "Uh....this one time..." doesn't work.

If you're too lazy to look them up, oh well.

I also know of high schools where students can opt out of evolution teachings in biology and get study hall while thats going on and get an automatic A for that part of the course for their freedom of religion.

I bet you hate that.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
What did you have in mind?
That's the only one that comes up in the first two pages of a "school sued for happy birthday Jesus" Google search.

I said they were threatened, i didnt say they were sued. They said no to the threat - they were threatened with lawsuit and they told the ACLU to go ahead, and the ACLU didnt press it anymore and nothing more came of it.

Think they would have actually sued them if they could?

Jose Fly

LOL! So this is pretty much your SOP now? Assert that there are other cases out there that prove you right, but claim that it's everyone else's responsibility to go look them up?

How cowardly and dishonest of you.

I also know of high schools where students can opt out of evolution teachings in biology and get study hall while thats going on and get an automatic A for that part of the course.

Like I said, "Um....this one time..." doesn't work. You and I both know you don't know of a single case like the one in the OP, where the school has prevailed in court. You know it, I know it, and you know that I know it.

But your extreme pride won't let you admit it and you'd rather portray yourself as an ignorant fool instead. So be it.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
LOL! So this is pretty much your SOP now? Assert that there are other cases out there that prove you right, but claim that it's everyone else's responsibility to go look them up?

How cowardly and dishonest of you.

Like I said, "Um....this one time..." doesn't work. You and I both know you don't know of a single case like the one in the OP, where the school has prevailed in court. You know it, I know it, and you know that I know it.

But your extreme pride won't let you admit it and you'd rather portray yourself as an ignorant fool instead. So be it.

How lazy you are, ive already learned, if someone actually cares for information, they will look it up. If you want to know, you can look it up. :cheers:

fool

Hall of Fame

I also know of high schools where students can opt out of evolution teachings in biology and get study hall while thats going on and get an automatic A for that part of the course for their freedom of religion.

I'm not finding that on the Google either.
There was something proposed in Missouri but it died in commitee.

Jose Fly

How lazy you are, ive already learned, if someone actually cares for information, they will look it up. If you want to know, you can look it up. :cheers:

I looked, didn't find a single example of a school prevailing in court in a case similar to the OP.

How about some details to help the search? About when? What school district? What was the religious issue?

fool

Hall of Fame
I said they were threatened, i didnt say they were sued. They said no to the threat - they were threatened with lawsuit and they told the ACLU to go ahead, and the ACLU didnt press it anymore and nothing more came of it.

Think they would have actually sued them if they could?

Whoever they were sueing on behalf of backed out.
As you've seen with the example provided they would have lost just like the other school was going to before they caved.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Whoever they were sueing on behalf of backed out.
As you've seen with the example provided they would have lost just like the other school was going to before they caved.

Why would they lose with happy birthday Jesus, the actual federal holiday of Christmas, states by congress that it was instituted for the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ.

Jose Fly

I looked, didn't find a single example of a school prevailing in court in a case similar to the OP.

How about some details to help the search? About when? What school district? What was the religious issue?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame