8/6 Republican Debate Thread

Mocking You

You always leave the table with all of your heart's desires? :scripto:

No, not in my early days of being in business. But this isn't about me. It's about a so-called business genius who self proclaims "I've been beating China, I've been beating Mexico, for years" and then admits that he splits the difference in negotiations with building contractors. That's not beating someone, that's a tie.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Megan Kelly is pro-abortion. She supports child killing. Never lose sight of that fact she admitted as she pretends to be tough.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Megan Kelly is pro-abortion. She supports child killing. Never lose sight of that fact she admitted as she pretends to be tough.
Shame on "Megyn (with a "y") Kelly for asking "the Donald" a tough question for which he was obviously not prepared!

Despite being the frontrunner and the center of attention, Trump thinks that preparing for nationally televised debates is beneath him and reserved for the other 9 mere mortals.

In fact if you go to Trump's campaign website ( https://www.donaldjtrump.com/ ), there are none of the detailed policy statements that one would expect any serious presidential candidates to provide as to what they would actually do if elected president - perhaps such expectations are now considered being too politically correct!

Apparently his conservative supporters are so enamored by his personal charm that nobody has mustered the courage to ask him as to what he might do if he were in the White House.

Last edited:

Foxfire

Sidebar: Why are we discussing Kelly's orifices today? :granite:

That's a very good question. Why is MegYn even a topic in Trumps campaign at all, instead of any sign of substance to his grandiose promises?
He says he's going to turn our southern border into what amounts to an Iron Curtain to contain the Mexicans and THEY're going to pay for it?

How exactly is THAT gonna work?

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
That's a very good question. Why is MegYn even a topic in Trumps campaign at all, instead of any sign of substance to his grandiose promises?
He says he's going to turn our southern border into what amounts to an Iron Curtain to contain the Mexicans and THEY're going to pay for it?

All Trump had to do to bring the Megyn Kelly incident to a conclusion was to say that his wording created a false impression and that he is "sorry" that his remarks were misinterpreted.

Trump is not just some amateur when it comes to manipulating the media to promote himself, so if this controversy continues to overshadow the Republican presidential campaigns of his opponents its because it serves his purpose.

Last edited:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
I invite everyone to google Donald Trump's 2016 Presidential Campaign website.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/

It is totally devoid of information as to Trump's position on any of the major issues that one would expect from a presidential candidate.

Trump isn't just some obscure candidate - he's the GOP frontrunner in the polls and yet nobody, including his supporters, actually knows where he stands on the major issues.

"The Donald" isn't a political candidate in the traditional sense, he embodies the conservative version of a "personality cult" whereby we are forced to accept his leadership aspirations as an act of faith!

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
right now there is only one issue
will trump run as an independent
we are wasting our time if he does

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
The media just doesn't get it. People are fed up with politics as usual. Joe six-pack doesn't want Hillary nor Jeb.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

I saw that...
"On immigration, he wants to build a wall and have Mexico pay for it."

-- Corey Lewandowski, Trump's campaign manager
:chuckle:

PureX

The media just doesn't get it. People are fed up with politics as usual. Joe six-pack doesn't want Hillary nor Jeb.
The media doesn't care what we want any more than the politicians do. And for the same reason: we aren't paying them, their corporate sponsors are. All the media wants from us is our attention. All the politicians want from us is our vote. Beyond that, neither of them give a crap about us.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Megyn Kelly is about self promotion. She should go into politics. I saw a bit by her on the CBS morning show where she was noting that Trump wouldn't apologize and following it with her own I won't apologize for "good journalism"...not doing her job, but grading it as well. :chuckle:

In defending her line of questioning later, Kelly said, "If you can't get past me, how are you going to handle Vladimir Putin?"

I think that tells you something about how she sees herself.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Megyn Kelly is about self promotion. She should go into politics. I saw a bit by her on the CBS morning show where she was noting that Trump wouldn't apologize and following it with her own I won't apologize for "good journalism"...not doing her job, but grading it as well. :chuckle:

In defending her line of questioning later, Kelly said, "If you can't get past me, how are you going to handle Vladimir Putin?"

Really. What does it tell you?

Megyn Kelly isn't running for office, Trump is.

And I wonder how many favors Trump is calling in right now.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The media doesn't care what we want any more than the politicians do. And for the same reason: we aren't paying them, their corporate sponsors are. All the media wants from us is our attention. All the politicians want from us is our vote. Beyond that, neither of them give a crap about us.

You have the power to do what you want with both your attention and your vote.

Foxfire

I can't imagine how MeGYN could possibly defend the effrontery of such an obviously pertinent line of questioning for a presidential candidate who's tendency towards chauvinistic misogyny is so widely noted...... :doh: