“No sex was used to produce this child!”

GFR7

Indeed. Wanting a child VS Wanting a child.
Why would two men want a child together? It's not the way it works. (Isn't that why men and women get together?) Maybe they're trying to prove something to society... :think:

Quetzal

Why would two men want a child together? It's not the way it works. (Isn't that why men and women get together?) Maybe they're trying to prove something to society... :think:
Or they both want to share their love of the world with a child?

GFR7

Or they both want to share their love of the world with a child?
Then why not adopt one of the millions of needy children in this country and around the world? Why hire poor women as surrogates and egg donors? :idunno:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Then why not adopt one of the millions of needy children in this country and around the world? Why hire poor women as surrogates and egg donors? :idunno:

Uh huh. Because now you are okay with two gay men adopting a child ... :plain:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you or do you not believe the child should not have been born/reproduced?

There are a lot of children that never should have been conceived, but once they have been, I wish them a wonderful life. Does that sound like a contrdiction to you?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There are a lot of children that never should have been conceived, but once they have been, I wish them a wonderful life. Does that sound like a contrdiction to you?

It would sound like a contradiction to the child. If the child were to overhear an adult say "Even though he/she should have never been born, I wish them a wonderful life", how do you believe the child would view the comment?

GFR7

It would sound like a contradiction to the child. If the child were to overhear an adult say "Even though he/she should have never been born, I wish them a wonderful life", how do you believe the child would view the comment?
Of course he wouldn't say it that way.

There was a Florida state Judge in the 1990s who had to decide a custody case, between a lesbian whose lover had died, and the lesbian's parents. Both wanted the sperm donor child. The judge said in open court, that he did not believe in such conception, and believed it harmful to the child, but that because she was here, her very best interests must be protected. He was a wise man.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Of course he wouldn't say it that way.

There was a Florida state Judge in the 1990s who had to decide a custody case, between a lesbian whose lover had died, and the lesbian's parents. Both wanted the sperm donor child. The judge said in open court, that he did not believe in such conception, and believed it harmful to the child, but that because she was here, her very best interests must be protected. He was a wise man.

Did he speak to the child and address her as "the sperm donor child"?

How do you believe that would be any different than referring to a child who was conceived out of rape as "the rapist's child"?

Or referring to a child born out of wedlock as the "b" word.

From a prolife/anti-abortion prospective, I see these labels as being unnecessarily hurtful towards the child.

GFR7

Did he speak to the child and address her as "the sperm donor child"?

How do you believe that would be any different than referring to a child who was conceived out of rape as "the rapist's child"?

Or referring to a child born out of wedlock as the "b" word.

From a prolife/anti-abortion prospective, I see these labels as being unnecessarily hurtful towards the child.
We're not discussing the children, but the actions of the parents. I am certain in future decades research will show the harm, and third party reproduction will fall out of favor, and be heavily regulated, as in other countries. Already , the move is in this direction.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Truly such an emotional appeal can be wielded as a powerful weapon.
...How do you believe that would be any different than referring to a child who was conceived out of rape as "the rapist's child"?...
Let's take a look at this example. If this child heard her mother say that being raped is the worst thing that ever happened to her, she might well come away with the impression that mamma "wished I was never born." Even if mother's statement bears no resemblance to how she feels about her daughter.

Quetzal

Why does it matter? If the woman wants to help them achieve their goals this way, who are we to say she can't?

GFR7

Why does it matter? If the woman wants to help them achieve their goals this way, who are we to say she can't?
The women don't want to help. They want the money. Just like a street hooker doesn't "want to help" you achieve your dreams.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Let's take a look at this example. If this child heard her mother say that being raped is the worst thing that ever happened to her, she might well come away with the impression that mamma "wished I was never born." Even if mother's statement bears no resemblance to how she feels about her daughter.

Which is exactly why the mother needs to choose her words carefully and be aware of her audience ...

BOLCATS

BANNED
Banned
I am fairly cergtain that you know you are misrepresenting his position.

Misrepresentation of other peoples views intentionally is a sign a person has awful character. It doesn't matter if you are trying to further a Nobel cause.

musterion

If egg and sperm were involved, sex was involved, even if indirectly.

Someone post when two queers have a Fabulous Conception and make a baby all by themselves.

Quetzal

The women don't want to help. They want the money. Just like a street hooker doesn't "want to help" you achieve your dreams.
Is that the truth? Is that their intentions? Who did you personally talk to? Source?

GFR7

If egg and sperm were involved, sex was involved, even if indirectly.

Someone post when two queers have a Fabulous Conception and make a baby all by themselves.
Exactly. Homosexual couples must go begging at the door of heterosexuality and high technology in order to reproduce.

GFR7

Is that the truth? Is that their intentions? Who did you personally talk to? Source?
You can google plenty of sources. Do you think women really want to go through pregnancy and give away their babies to be "nice" to gay people? What's in it for them? It's the money, and many countries have made the financial contract illegal. That's why so many gays go to India to exploit poor women's wombs.