ECT Your Own Opinion Is Worthless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Did you notice the words, compare idiot.

Let the reader understand ... Idiot by definition. When a person meets these requirements then are they and "Idiot"

An idiot, dolt, or dullard is an intellectually disabled person, or someone who acts in a self-defeating or significantly counterproductive way. Archaically the word mome has also been used. The similar terms moron, imbecile, and cretin have all gained specialized meanings in modern times. An idiot is said to be idiotic, and to suffer from idiocy. A dunce is an idiot who is specifically incapable of learning. An idiot differs from a fool (who is unwise) and an ignoramus (who is uneducated/an ignorant), neither of which refers to someone with low intelligence. In modern English usage, the terms "idiot" and "idiocy" describe an extreme folly or stupidity, and its symptoms (foolish or stupid utterance or deed). In psychology, it is a historical term for the state or condition now called profound intellectual disability.

Maybe "Idiot" is like implied profanity or profanity.

I said
Where did you come up with your definition?

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
Where did you come up with your definition?
Idiot.

Wikipedia or maybe Wiki-idiot-pedia

I thought for sure you would have Googled it to see whose telling the truth or if I'm lying about my post.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Did you notice the words, compare idiot.

Let the reader understand ... Idiot by definition. When a person meets these requirements then are they and "Idiot"

An idiot, dolt, or dullard is an intellectually disabled person, or someone who acts in a self-defeating or significantly counterproductive way. Archaically the word mome has also been used. The similar terms moron, imbecile, and cretin have all gained specialized meanings in modern times. An idiot is said to be idiotic, and to suffer from idiocy. A dunce is an idiot who is specifically incapable of learning. An idiot differs from a fool (who is unwise) and an ignoramus (who is uneducated/an ignorant), neither of which refers to someone with low intelligence. In modern English usage, the terms "idiot" and "idiocy" describe an extreme folly or stupidity, and its symptoms (foolish or stupid utterance or deed). In psychology, it is a historical term for the state or condition now called profound intellectual disability.

Maybe "Idiot" is like implied profanity or profanity.

I said
I really would like to know where you got that definition. This is what strongs dictionary has. In the definition it appears that "unlearned" is part of idiot. But the main word is "idiot".

2399 idiotes (id-ee-o'-tace);

from 2398; a private person, i.e. (by implication) an ignoramus (compare "idiot"):

KJV-- ignorant, rude, unlearned.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Your own opinion is really worthless. Human wisdom is vainity. If your not getting verses guiding you. your worshiping in the flesh, not in the Spirit.

Considering your opinions regarding God.....that's rather self defeating.

/next

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
I really would like to know where you got that definition. This is what strongs dictionary has. In the definition it appears that "unlearned" is part of idiot. But the main word is "idiot".

2399 idiotes (id-ee-o'-tace);

from 2398; a private person, i.e. (by implication) an ignoramus (compare "idiot"):

KJV-- ignorant, rude, unlearned.
Wikipedia. I posted that the first time.

I am familiar with Strongs as well.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Idiot.

Wikipedia or maybe Wiki-idiot-pedia

I thought for sure you would have Googled it to see whose telling the truth or if I'm lying about my post.

I said
Let me get this straight. You went to Wikipedia and tried to use it as an authority over a bible dictionary. There isn't even any common sense to that move. Wikipedia, websters, funk and wagnal, these are all carnal dictionaries. We are talking about the bible. The bible has its own dictionaries. Strongs, nelsons.
The bible dictionaries go deeper than the carnal dictionaries. But the revelations of Jesus Christ even go deeper than the bible dictionaries and carry much more authority.

Aimiel

I said
Let me get this straight. You went to Wikipedia and tried to use it as an authority over a bible dictionary. There isn't even any common sense to that move. Wikipedia, websters, funk and wagnal, these are all carnal dictionaries. We are talking about the bible. The bible has its own dictionaries. Strongs, nelsons.
The bible dictionaries go deeper than the carnal dictionaries. But the revelations of Jesus Christ even go deeper than the bible dictionaries and carry much more authority.
Squeaky,

Wikipedia has much more depth than you imagine. It's dynamic and reflects current language usage and today's nomenclature.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Squeaky,

Wikipedia has much more depth than you imagine. It's dynamic and reflects current language usage and today's nomenclature.

I said
Now your using carnality as an authority over the bible. you really have lost it.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Sorry, but if you were to read, study or go to classes like I suggested: you could only grow in knowledge and wisdom, since you have next-to-none.

I said
lol Is that what you have been doing. Making everything carnal an authority over the Word of God.
The first time you took a run at me, remember. You had afew verses of the Word in you. You haven't go squot now.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
lol Is that what you have been doing. Making everything carnal an authority over the Word of God.
The first time you took a run at me, remember. You had afew verses of the Word in you. You haven't go squot now.

The only reason that we "take a run a you" is to try to get you on the right track for you at the moment are completely lost.

Aimiel

Is that what you have been doing. Making everything carnal an authority over the Word of God.
You haven't any squot, either, whatever that is. I have Scripture backing me up, though. :duh:

Yes, I do admit: I study The Word of God.

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

You don't study because you already know everything. I will not ever know everything, in this life or the next. You don't know what The Word of Truth is, much less how to rightly divide It.

Status
Not open for further replies.