ECT Your Own Opinion Is Worthless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You called me an idiot and even worse in the past.Your familiar spirit isn't the least bit holy.Your 'revelations' are darkness.There is no such thing.

I said
You are an idiot. Its a biblical term for someone who is unlearned in scripture.

1 Cor 14:23
23 If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad?
(KJV)

2399 idiotes (id-ee-o'-tace);

from 2398; a private person, i.e. (by implication) an ignoramus (compare "idiot"):

KJV-- ignorant, rude, unlearned.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
lol show me where it is written.
Colossians 2:9-10 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

9 For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form,
10 and in Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority;

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

10 and in Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority;

I said
I said show me in a real bible. Where did you get that one?
Let me ask it this away, is it in the KJV or the NKJV?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
If you wanted to use the right definition of deity that could work.
That Jesus is inferior to the supreme God but superior to man.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
I said show me in a real bible. Where did you get that one?
Let me ask it this away, is it in the KJV or the NKJV?

It is in the KJV and NKJV in different words with the same meaning. Oh here is another for you.

Colossians 2:9-10New International Version (NIV)

9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,
10 and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority.

Would you like others?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
It is in the KJV and NKJV in different words with the same meaning. Oh here is another for you.

Colossians 2:9-10New International Version (NIV)

9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,
10 and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority.

Would you like others?

I said
Have you got a bible dictionary on this NIV. Never mind they had to scrape that one and rewrite it 5 years ago.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
Have you got a bible dictionary on this NIV. Never mind they had to scrape that one and rewrite it 5 years ago.

No, but I have bible dictionaries and commentaries. What would you like for me to look up. I'm willing. Oh, for what it is worth, the NASB translation has been in existence longer than the NKJV.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
No, but I have bible dictionaries and commentaries. What would you like for me to look up. I'm willing. Oh, for what it is worth, the NASB translation has been in existence longer than the NKJV.

I said
lol So has deception.
Forget the commentaries, that just another opinion. But look up deity for a definition. I would be interested. I know what websters world dictionary says about it. That Jesus is inferior to God. But superior to man. And if Jesus is inferior to God He cant be God.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your Own Opinion Is Worthless...So what else is new.

But it is still my opinion, and I bear the weight of my own opinion, therefore it is my opinion.

Your opinion of me matters not, and you bear the weight of your own pinion, therefore it is yours.

The only opinion or estimation of any Christian that matters is that of Jesus Himself. And of opinion and estimation of me --
2 Tim. 1:12 "...for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day."

Aimiel

But it is still my opinion, and I bear the weight of my own opinion, therefore it is my opinion.

Your opinion of me matters not, and you bear the weight of your own pinion, therefore it is yours.

The only opinion or estimation of any Christian that matters is that of Jesus Himself. And of opinion and estimation of me --
2 Tim. 1:12 "...for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day."
Amen! :thumb:

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
You are an idiot. Its a biblical term for someone who is unlearned in scripture.

23 If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad?
(KJV)

from 2398; a private person, i.e. (by implication) an ignoramus (compare "idiot"):

Did you notice the words, compare idiot.

Let the reader understand ... Idiot by definition. When a person meets these requirements then are they and "Idiot"

An idiot, dolt, or dullard is an intellectually disabled person, or someone who acts in a self-defeating or significantly counterproductive way. Archaically the word mome has also been used. The similar terms moron, imbecile, and cretin have all gained specialized meanings in modern times. An idiot is said to be idiotic, and to suffer from idiocy. A dunce is an idiot who is specifically incapable of learning. An idiot differs from a fool (who is unwise) and an ignoramus (who is uneducated/an ignorant), neither of which refers to someone with low intelligence. In modern English usage, the terms "idiot" and "idiocy" describe an extreme folly or stupidity, and its symptoms (foolish or stupid utterance or deed). In psychology, it is a historical term for the state or condition now called profound intellectual disability.

Maybe "Idiot" is like implied profanity or profanity.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

:up: Right on!

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Not in my Bible...

0 Bible results for “idiot.”

King James Version has NO occurrences of the word, "Idiot."

I said
This is the KJV and strongs dictionary. IF you have a strongs dictionary look up 2399

(KJV)

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
This is the KJV and strongs dictionary. IF you have a strongs dictionary look up 2399

(KJV)

Where is the word idiot in that verse? I do not see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.