You Must be Born Again by the Word of God

beloved57

There are millions and millions of people that profess to be Christians that have not been born again by the word of God.

Jesus said to Nicodemus, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God. John 1:3.

Being born again is spiritual. If you don't have the Holy Spirit you will not understand what it means to be born again. Nicodemus could not understand what Jesus was talking about. Just like many of you that read this article will not understand what I am talking about.

Peter said, "Being born again, not of corruptible seed (Adam) but of incorruptible (Christ) BY THE WORD OF GOD, which lives and abides forever" 1 Peter 1:23.

What is the word of God? The word of God is either the law or the Gospel. In this case it is the Gospel. Those that are born again are those that hear and believe the Gospel. They were born again in the Old Testament by believing in God's promise of a savior.

On the day of Pentecost, Peter preached the Gospel for the very first time. Those that heard and believed Peter's Gospel were born again. The number was about 8,000, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4. They heard the Gospel, they believed the Gospel. God gave them the Holy Spirit and they were born again.

Paul wrote to the Galatians that were trying to be saved by works, "Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (because you did something) or by the hearing of faith? (hearing and believing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2. We hear the Gospel we believe the Gospel and we are born again by the word of God which is the Gospel. This also confirms what Paul said "So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17.

WHAT IS THE GOSPEL?

Not many hear and believe the Gospel, this is why they are NOT born again. The Gospel is that work that Jesus did in our name and on our behalf. In our name and on our behalf Jesus has fulfilled all of the demands of God's Holy Law. Jesus has offered to God the Father a life of perfect obedience according to his holy law. It was this life that was lived for our justification, Romans 3:26. We have been justified by the life of Christ. This is the only life that God accepts for our salvation. We are accepted only in him and because of him. After Jesus fulfilled the law for us, he abolished it, Ephesians 2:15. We are no longer under the law, nor are we subject to it.

That was not enough. Jesus, in our name and on our behalf took our place on the cross and atoned for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. "For he has made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" 2 Corinthians 5:21. As far as God is concerned sin, death and the devil have been destroyed, Romans 6:6. We now stand as perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10. No religion needed. If you need a religion to save you, you are not saved. Only those who believe this Gospel are born again and have eternal life.

You believe one is born again by his own freewill!

balut55

Only by a careful study of the relationship of Old Testament Law to New Testament grace can we find the proper balance for Christian living.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

So what's wrong with that?

John 6:44 King James Version (KJV)

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Robert Pate

Banned
The ordinances that were abolished were temporary to begin with.

The covenant that Christ spoke and wrote will last until the earth is destroyed.

Jesus is the New Covenant. He is the fulfillment of the Old Testament and the law.

Robert Pate

Banned
All born agains happens before all births

Only a Calvinist could make such a stupid statement as that.

Jesus said, "That which is born of flesh is flesh; and that which is born of Spirit is Spirit".

And then he said, "Marvel not that I said unto you, YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN" John 3:6, 7.

You must be born again by the word of God. Which is the Gospel, 1 Peter 1:23.

beloved57

Only a Calvinist could make such a stupid statement as that.

Jesus said, "That which is born of flesh is flesh; and that which is born of Spirit is Spirit".

And then he said, "Marvel not that I said unto you, YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN" John 3:6, 7.

You must be born again by the word of God. Which is the Gospel, 1 Peter 1:23.

You believe that one is born again by their own freewill !

clefty

Jesus fulfilled the law and then he abolished it, Ephesians 2:15.

Christians are not under the law, nor are they subject to it. We are called to live by the Spirit of Christ and by faith.

As if the spirit would call us outside the Law...is how we know when one claims they are led by the spirit...

Christians are not free from the law but its condemnation...as by following the Spirit they obey and keep the law...gratitude makes them want to...faith compels it...how best to show our love..."keep my commandments" which are not separate from His Father's still binding law...is why even after signing and sealing the new covenant...He and His followers still kept Sabbaths...even kosher

We know which spirit we follow by the laws we keep...His Laws? it is His spirit...not His His way? well we are following another spirit...

The Law remains and still points out sin...and the Savior of it...

You are not free to go kill or fornicate sorry...the Spirit will not compel you that...nor into breaking ANY of the other Laws...

We don't keep the Law it keeps us...the Spirit comforts us our progress...

clefty

Why not? God could have left us alone rebelling and suicidal and be done with it but He chose reconciliation with us...

His only begotten Son chose to be reborn into flesh...to be born again Himself...from spirit to flesh that we might be reborn from flesh into spirit...if you choose...and endure...He did despite not wanting to but doing His Father's will in order that on earth as it is in heaven...

You really don't appreciate the choice and sacrifice He made to reconcile us...

What sacrifice was it if it is all preordained as done?

beloved57

Jesus fulfilled the law and then he abolished it, Ephesians 2:15.

Christians are not under the law, nor are they subject to it. We are called to live by the Spirit of Christ and by faith.
You live by your savior freewill!

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Robert Pate

Banned
Invalid comment not found in scripture!

You and Nanja are without hope because you do not believe the Gospel.

You have rejected the Gospel of Jesus Christ and have replaced it with the doctrine of a heretic.

balut55

25 “At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 Five of them were foolish and five were wise. 3 The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them. 4 The wise ones, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps. 5 The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep.

6 “At midnight the cry rang out: ‘Here’s the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’

7 “Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps. 8 The foolish ones said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.’

9 “‘No,’ they replied, ‘there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.’

10 “But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.

11 “Later the others also came. ‘Lord, Lord,’ they said, ‘open the door for us!’

12 “But he replied, ‘Truly I tell you, I don’t know you.’

13 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.

If you don't read the word and have it

in your heart and mind you will not get through the door.

balut55

Invalid comment not found in scripture!

I like his comment. Satan has blinded many. But many also have chose to look back at their sin and embrace Satan and are turned to a pillar of salt by rejecting Jesus.

balut55

Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobate