ECT Words have meaning unless of course you have bit into the lie of MAD.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ignored the other points.... good work.

You've dug yourself so deep into a hole, I'm embarrassed for you.

You're now questioning whether Paul was referring to sheep when Paul used the word "flock".

I don't recall ever seeing ravage wolves attack a flock of seagulls. Do you?

Nor have I ever seen a shepherd with a flock of seagulls.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
[*]Is Paul addressing the BoC here? No.

He must be, he said in one of his letters there is only one body.

In another letter Paul said, "For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body being many, are one body, so also is Christ. For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body — whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free — and have all been made to drink into[ one Spirit. (1 Corinthians 12:12-13)

Paul taught that Christ just has one body.

dodge

You might want to share this with wrong divider:

16 For Paul had determined to sail by Ephesus, because he would not spend the time in Asia: for he hasted, if it were possible for him, to be at Jerusalem the day of Pentecost.

17 And from Miletus he sent to Ephesus, and called the elders of the church.

18 And when they were come to him, he said unto them, Ye know, from the first day that I came into Asia, after what manner I have been with you at all seasons,

19 Serving the Lord with all humility of mind, and with many tears, and temptations, which befell me by the lying in wait of the Jews:

20 And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publicly, and from house to house,

21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

22 And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there:

23 Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me.

24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

25 And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.

26 Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men.

27 For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

31 Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.

32 And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

33 I have coveted no man's silver, or gold, or apparel.

34 Yea, ye yourselves know, that these hands have ministered unto my necessities, and to them that were with me.

35 I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.

36 And when he had thus spoken, he kneeled down, and prayed with them all.

37 And they all wept sore, and fell on Paul's neck, and kissed him,

All of the above was written about Paul.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
He must be, he said in one of his letters there is only one body.

In another letter Paul said, "For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body being many, are one body, so also is Christ. For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body — whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free — and have all been made to drink into[ one Spirit. (1 Corinthians 12:12-13)

Paul taught that Christ just has one body.

Correct.

Paul was addressing the elders at the Ephesian church.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Paul said there is one body, one Spirit, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, and one God and Father of all.

Since there is only one baptism that would be the baptism in which he and others were baptized.
Nope!

The one baptism is by one Spirit into one Body not by water!

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

When one trusts the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) they are baptized by one Spirit in to one Body (1 Corinthians 12:13).

It is a baptism (identification) into Christ's death,

Romans 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

It's a Spirit baptism into Christ,

Galatians 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

That is the one baptism of Ephesians 4 that we are to endevour to keep.

Ephesians 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, 2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; 3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
In the past few days I was told "today" does NOT mean "today", which of course is WRONG.

Ref. Today you will be with me in paradise as Jesus told the crucified thief next to Him.

Tonight I was told "world" does not mean "world" but it means the lost sheep of Israel.

Ref. Jn.:3:16

If I was in a group ANY group that started changing the meaning of words in scripture I would find a church that preached the scripture without changing scripture to fit a particular doctrine.

There are more words changed by MAD to make their beliefs work, but you get the general idea.
Yes, words mean something. So use proper grammar when titling your threads.

And if you want to see someone claim a word doesn't mean what it plainly does ask a Calvinist what "all" means.

sirayuk

Hello PJ, I have been told by several Madist that the 4 Gospels are not for the body of Christ.

please explain to me how you believe the 7 I Am's Jesus taught in the Gospel of John do not apply to the BOC and only apply to the lost sheep of Israel.

1.....And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst” (John 6:35).

IS there another bread (food for our soul) that we need other than Jesus ?

2......“I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life” (John 8:12).

Do you know of another light other than Jesus ?

3.....“I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture” (John 10:9).

Do you know another way to be saved other than Jesus ?

4..... “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep” (John 10:11)

Is Paul NOT Jesus the shepherd of the Madist ?
Did Jesus only give His life for the lost sheep of Israel ?

5.....“I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live” (John 11:25).

Is there another way to eternal life with God other than Jesus ?

6.....Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me” (John 14:6).

Is there another way for ANYONE to go to the Father other than Jesus ?
IS there another truth other than Jesus for salvation ?
IS there another way to attain eternal life other than Jesus ?

7.....“I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser” (John 15:1).

IS there another vine and vine dresser other than God that Madist proclaim ?

PJ, can you truly say these teachings of Jesus are only for Israel and not the BOC ?

Please don't go on what others have told you read the posted scriptures , pray, and ask God for wisdom and truth.

Be safe

There are ten 10 ,I arm's spoken by Jesus, in gpel of John not 7

Sent from my GT-S7262 using Tapatalk

sirayuk

The thing we need is the holy spirit within our hearts to teach us the truth.

And the truth is to believe in the gospel and the teachings of Jesus Christ and all of his apostles, not just to believe in and listen to Paul.
To even communion with the Holy Spirit we need to hold on to the word, u see the word is a base of faith

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
For a few years now, LA has been "Predicting" my demise by being beheaded. Now, she says I'm a whore. I wonder what she'll come up with next? Perhaps, she'll predict that a "Meteor" will land directly on the top of my head? :rotfl:

marhig

To even communion with the Holy Spirit we need to hold on to the word, u see the word is a base of faith

That's true, without faith and holding on to the word we have nothing. But we can't deny the teachings of Jesus and just say I only listen to Paul.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Was not taking potshots at the Mads.

I don't believe you actually hold to Mad.

You are a fraud who parrots the most basic here and there in your brown nosing.

Just as in your brown nosing you spit vile in post after post against anyone who disagrees with those Mads on here you are clearly so desperate to brown nose.

You never post any advanced understanding, let alone, of any real length, verses included.

When you do post a view beyond your parroting; it is often Acts 2 Dispy Pentecostal errors.

You take issue with having a thing pointed out to you.

You skirt posts where you are asked a thing beyond your obviously very poor grasp of Mad.

You are, in short, a book based, brown nosing parrot who spits vile at any one who disagrees with what you yourself have yet to prove you understand with any real depth.

You are...a fraud and I am not the only Mad on here who has come to this conclusion about you and one other individual on here who also consistently demonstrates all the above...

Danoh has that right.

Even Madists see the errors of Grosnick.

LA