Why would God need a hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickiel

Some Christians like to condemn others by saying that they reject Christ, and are thus not worthy for the Kingdom. These Christians have " Amnesia", because they forget when they were astray. In Isaiah 53:6 " All we like sheep have gone astray, we have turned EVERY ONE to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the sins of us all." You can't condemn people because they are lost, Christ is not a Frankenstein monster, he is a sin forgiving Savior.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
In Isaiah 53:6 " All we like sheep have gone astray, we have turned EVERY ONE to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the sins of us all." You can't condemn people because they are lost, Christ is not a Frankenstein monster, he is a sin forgiving Savior.

They are condemned already (Jn 3:18). The lost need to be justified (Rom. 5:9) by faith (Rom. 3:26, 27) in Christ's blood (Rom. 5:9).

"Is 53:5 — But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed." On the cross, Jesus willingly became our substitute. God made Jesus “who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him” (2 Cor. 5:21)." Stanley, C. F. (2005). The Charles F. Stanley life principles Bible: New King James Version (Is 53:5). Nashville, TN: Nelson Bibles.

KingdomRose

:yawn: God decides who goes to hell (Ro 9:18).

And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all [1 Cor. 12:6].

"There are diversities of operations—that is, of the energy. But it is the same God who works in all, and He is the One who works in the believer.

This reminds us that there is but one God—but He is a Trinity. The Trinity works together; there is a unity. But there is a diversity in unity. Notice this: The Holy Spirit bestows the gifts; the Lord Jesus Christ administers the gifts—they are under His direction; the Father God supplies the power, and He energizes the gifts. All of this is for the one purpose of exalting and glorifying the lordship of Jesus Christ." McGee, J. V. (1991). Thru the Bible commentary: The Epistles (1 Corinthians) (electronic ed., Vol. 44, pp. 139–140). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

There is no literal fiery hell!! God is not a Trinity!! Stop thinking on the shallow surface of knowledge! The Bible teaches that God is one individual---THE FATHER---John 17:3. Jesus himself says this! And...God is LOVE, and would not even consider burning someone with a literal fire---ever.

Mr. McGee does not understand spiritual things. He said that everything is for glorifying Jesus. That is not so. Jesus himself acted toward the goal of glorifying his Father, in all things. He said he did not seek his own glory (John 8:50), and even his loyalty to the death was for his Father's glory.

"Every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, "to the glory of God the Father." (Philippians 2:11, NASB)

And after Christ has finished his Thousand-Year Reign, "Then comes the end, when he hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when he has abolished all rule and all authority and power....For he has put all things in subjection under his feet. But when he says, 'All things are put in subjection,' it is evident that He is excepted who put all things in subjection to him. When all things are subjected to him, then the Son himself also will be subjected to the One who subjected all things to him, so that God may be all in all." (I Corinthians 15:24-28, NASB)

So we can see that it is THE FATHER'S glory that is the goal of even Jesus Christ. The Father is God, and Him alone.

"This is eternal life, that they may know YOU, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent." (John 17:3, NASB) Jesus was speaking to the Father.

KingdomRose

Many believers in God do not see this world being reconciled to him, they believe many will be lost. They think that Jesus is only reconciling those who accept him to himself, not the world. They believe this because they ignore scripture and believe only what inticed their ears. In 2Corinth. 5:19" To wit, God was in Christ , reconciling THE WORLD unto himself, not counting their sins against them." This effectively saves everyone, something many believers in God just do not want. God is not even counting the sins of the world against them; that ought to be the first sentence in every sermon!

But the truth in the bible does not control the media in this world, religion does.

Uh-uh, I am not "ignoring Scripture" when I say that yes, Jesus died for the whole world, but the world has to ACCEPT what he did. The world isn't automatically saved. If that were true, there would be no need at all for any Bible to show us how God wants us to live. Sins are not counted against a person when he embraces God and Christ and what they've done for us.

Unfortunately, YOU are ignoring half of the Bible!

"For after all it is only just for God to repay with affliction those who afflict you, and to give relief to you who are afflicted and to us as well when the Lord Jesus will be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels in flaming fire, dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. These will pay the penalty of eternal DESTRUCTION..." (II Thessalonians 1:6-9, NASB)

How can you ignore that?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Many believers in God do not see this world being reconciled to him, they believe many will be lost. They think that Jesus is only reconciling those who accept him to himself, not the world. They believe this because they ignore scripture and believe only what inticed their ears. In 2Corinth. 5:19" To wit, God was in Christ , reconciling THE WORLD unto himself, not counting their sins against them." This effectively saves everyone, something many believers in God just do not want. God is not even counting the sins of the world against them; that ought to be the first sentence in every sermon!

But the truth in the bible does not control the media in this world, religion does.

There is one thing needed to be saved - Faith. Which is belief that Christ died for us, was buried, and rose the third day. The whole world is saved if the whole world believes, get it ? Those who don't believe are not saved, it's simple. So faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.

1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV - Romans 10:17 KJV Romans 10:13 KJV -

Romans 10:9-10 KJV - Ephesians 1:7 KJV Ephesians 1:13, 14 -

KingdomRose

Why talk about the people called goats going into the eternal fire created for Satan and his angels? Matthew 25:41 "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Is He a liar or stupid He should say such a thing, a phrasing designed to terrify His listeners which, according to you, is a blatant lie? 8th time a charm eh, will you answer this this time?

Jesus didn't lie.....he was using metaphorical, figurative speech. "The eternal fire" meant complete obliteration. It did not mean a place where the devil & his angels would be tortured forever! Wise up, man!

:burnlib: (What happens to that little man when he burns up? He isn't there any more. That figuratively shows what "fire" means to Jesus and why he uses fire as a metaphor.)

Mickiel

Uh-uh, I am not "ignoring Scripture" when I say that yes, Jesus died for the whole world, but the world has to ACCEPT what he did. The world isn't automatically saved. If that were true, there would be no need at all for any Bible to show us how God wants us to live. Sins are not counted against a person when he embraces God and Christ and what they've done for us.

"For after all it is only just for God to repay with affliction those who afflict you, and to give relief to you who are afflicted and to us as well when the Lord Jesus will be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels in flaming fire, dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. These will pay the penalty of eternal DESTRUCTION..." (II Thessalonians 1:6-9, NASB)

How can you ignore that?

Something is wrong with the use of " Everlasting destruction" in verse 9, in my view. Look at part of the reason for this in verse 8;" In flaming fire taking vengeance on them " That KNOW NOT GOD!" Why should people be killed for not knowing God?

Why should vengeance be taken on me because I just don't know God?

How can you ignore this? Something is wrong here.

You don't kill humans forever, because they don't know God.

KingdomRose

I know this - it is called being closed minded... my mind is closed to some things too and making Christ out to be a fool saying things that will never happen as if they will or merely babbling about what GOD can do but never would is ridiculous and unbelievable.

You are pathetic and unreasonable for believing that God would do such a horrible thing as literally roasting people in unending agony. That is sick. Jesus wasn't being literal when he talked about fire. Just like he wasn't talking about a literal needle that a camel could go through, or a literal mountain that someone could move by faith (Matthew 17:20).

Or do you say he was talking about literally moving a mountain?

:kookoo:

Mickiel

There is one thing needed to be saved - Faith. Which is belief that Christ died for us, was buried, and rose the third day. The whole world is saved if the whole world believes, get it ? Those who don't believe are not saved, it's simple. So faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.

1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV - Romans 10:17 KJV Romans 10:13 KJV -

Romans 10:9-10 KJV - Ephesians 1:7 KJV Ephesians 1:13, 14 -

Here's something else simple; Romans 3:3" For what IF some did not believe? Shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect? God forbid, ( or NO!)."

Christians say only believers are saved, the bible says unbelief cannot stop Gods salvation.

Christians say only those who believe are saved, Jesus says, in John 12:47, "And if any man hear my words and does not believe in me; I judge him NOT! I did not come here to judge this world, ( like the Christians are doing), I came here to SAVE THE WORLD!"

Jesus taught that unbelief cannot stop salvation. This is why I don't pay attention to Christian teaching. Its unbiblical.

Mickiel

What is the judgment to come on this world? What's going to happen to all us confused people? Again, listen to Jesus in John 12:31-32;

"Now is the judgment of this world; ( listen, here comes the judgment, Jesus explains what it is), now shall the prince of this world be cast out!" That's the judgment right there; humans are not going to be cast out, demons are!

"And if I be lifted up from the earth, I will " Draw", ( draw here is the Greek word " Helkuo", which means " To Drag!), ALL humans unto me!" This is a prophecy from Christ that has yet to be fulfilled, at no time in human history has Jesus " Dragged every human to him", which means force; yes force, that word that Christians hate to use. Jesus got lifted up, or killed, so half of the prophecy has occurred, so the other half is the coming great day of salvation.

There will be no need for the Christian hell, and no need for God to destroy any humans.

Prizebeatz1

love hates evil

Rom 12:9 Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good.

I don't think real love can have hatred with it. To me this is a common misunderstanding encouraged through identification with the dual nature of the mind. God is oneness.

Prizebeatz1

How can you ignore that?

God, salvation and heaven are unconditional.

Mickiel

What's going to happen to unbelieving heathens? Well, they are not going to be left in the hands of religious believers in God, that would be unmerciful; Christ will inherit them. In Ps. 2:8, I will give you the heathen for your inheritance, and all the earth for your possession." This is WHY Jesus said he came not for the righteous, but for sinners; the heathens; the rejected of religion; the outcasts of Christianity; the scorned.

In Psalm 7:1 David was talking about being delivered from believers in God who were judging him; " Save me from all those who persecute me." Christ is going to save all the heathens that religion is making reservations for in their hell.

Mickiel

Why should I believe that God will destroy some humans forever? Why? I mean, why would God have to do that, when the death of Jesus WAS their death? Jesus already died for them; he died for unbelievers, so why would God kill them again? In Heb. 2:9, " By the Grace of God, Jesus tasted death for every human being!"

Oh so you are trying to tell me that AFTER Jesus has tasted death for me, that I still have to die forever if your religion does not approve of me?

Mickiel

How could the doctrine of eternal hell punishing get so far into the bloodstream of Christianity if it is false? Well the mind of Christianity has slowly been seduced over the years, in a manner that they could " Accept." The devil is not stupid; he knows how to deceive. He knows how to properly formulate unsound doctrine, and make it appear sound. And he goes after churches with those kinds of deceptions, he will chase a church for 2,000 years if he knew eventually he would convince them.

In 2 Tim. 4:3-4, " For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but after their OWN lust shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and be turned to fables." Now this is describing a " Church condition", this is NOT describing worldly unbelievers; these are believers who have thrown away sound biblical concepts, and are believing what " Other men are teaching", or Pastors and leaders in churches down over the years!

Eternal hell punishing is a fable, God would never do such an insane thing. But the sheer conscious minds of believers have " Been TURNED" to these ungodly teachings; and they are totally convinced! They been turned, like a vampire in a fable would bite a human and turn them. They have been converted away from the truth; with another thing which masquerades as truth.

They have been smitten! And once the devil has turned a believer, he can get that believers mind to accept ungodly principles, like hurting a human for all of eternity, and make them " Comfortable accepting that."

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
quoting out of context...........

quoting out of context...........

:nono:
Exo_22:19 "Whoever lies with an animal shall be put to death.

Not sure how this answers Prizebeatz1 statement, but take this for a 'spin' -

Don't forget, the levitcal laws were written for Jews (and some expressly for the Jewish priests only), not Gentiles or the whole world. Also note that modern day Jews do not even follow these old tribal laws of putting people to 'death' (this means a physical death, by stoning or some other method), but instead 'interpret' these 'rules' metaphorically, or figuratively. Show us where the modern day government of Israel carries out ANY of the penalties listed in the Torah, and especially enforcing DEATH. It stands to question what value these rules even have.

Status
Not open for further replies.