Why would God need a hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickiel

When a religion teaches hell, they implant that hell into those who are converted into their religion, and the tradition continues and grows stronger. Again Jesus in Matt. 23:15, " Woe to you Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you compass sea and land to make one convert, and when he is made, you make him twice more the child of hell than you are!

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
No one is getting away with anything......

No one is getting away with anything......

Oh there would be good news to the fleshly man. Do what you want and get away with it.

Nobody gets away with anything. Universal law does not permit it.

You don't need a 'hell' per se, since the law of karma (a universal law) takes care of all, since all actions have corresponding consequences, in any realm that is conditioned or affected by cause & effect. Souls are reaping what they sow, moment to moment, however far or near those 'effects are realized.

ECT is illogical. It is insane.

Prizebeatz1

But God's grace cleaned up those who love Him. He made us perfect. Holy. Acceptable.

One can take that literally. I used to do the same thing. In the long run it became too painful so I let go and found that I was already perfect, holy and acceptable. This is something the adversary doesn't want us to know. It's profitable.

Mickiel

When a religion teaches hell, they implant that hell into those who are converted into their religion, and the tradition continues and grows stronger. Again Jesus in Matt. 23:15, " Woe to you Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you compass sea and land to make one convert, and when he is made, you make him twice more the child of hell than you are!

I wanted to add to this, that becoming twice more of a child of hell comes from churches teaching hell down through the ages to their converts. Its a teaching! Implanted like a Trojan horse, designed to implode again and again. In Jer. 16:19, latter part of verse;" Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity and things of no profit." These doctrines got passed down from generation to generation; they are literally soaked into the very consciousness of believers! Even to the point that some of them actually equate this horror hell to the good news! Stunning! They think hell and the gospel go hand in hand.

Then along comes someone who does not agree with this hell mess, and they will think you are blasphemous? This hell has become a monster.

Lon

Well, if you're thrust into the world as we all are then it's 'good news' to find there's a way out of a hell that's already been set up and designed that you're on the 'default setting' for otherwise?

If I was on the Titanic, and the owners had come to the rescue, I don't think I'd be refusing their hand, holding a grudge. We humans are fully capable of rationalization, which is why you rationalize one way and I the other. Is one of us right and the other wrong? I think the guy arguing all the way to the bottom of the sea is a strange guy.

Whatever the problems with analogy, I still see one refusing as the strange guy.

bsmitts

You didn't answer my question. Why would there be 'no good news' without a "hell"?

Because if I were to walk up to you with a big smile and tell you "I've got good news for you. I'm going to give you mercy." You would look at me like I was a totally bonkers. But if I explained how your sin is leading you to death, and eventually to hell. well, now the good news truly makes sense.

bsmitts

Nobody gets away with anything. Universal law does not permit it.

You don't need a 'hell' per se, since the law of karma (a universal law) takes care of all, since all actions have corresponding consequences, in any realm that is conditioned or affected by cause & effect. Souls are reaping what they sow, moment to moment, however far or near those 'effects are realized.

ECT is illogical. It is insane.

Have you looked at the prisons lately? That universal law doesn't seem to be stopping them. Plus, whatever you're talking about sounds a little dangerous to me, so I'll just stick with the bible.

Arthur Brain

If I was on the Titanic, and the owners had come to the rescue, I don't think I'd be refusing their hand, holding a grudge. We humans are fully capable of rationalization, which is why you rationalize one way and I the other. Is one of us right and the other wrong? I think the guy arguing all the way to the bottom of the sea is a strange guy.

Whatever the problems with analogy, I still see one refusing as the strange guy.

Because if I were to walk up to you with a big smile and tell you "I've got good news for you. I'm going to give you mercy." You would look at me like I was a totally bonkers. But if I explained how your sin is leading you to death, and eventually to hell. well, now the good news truly makes sense.

Okay, let's reduce this to basics somewhat. If the pair of you had designed something whereby I or someone was either going to drown or some such suffering fate merely by our happening to 'be' then I'd hardly call either of you altruists by happening to throw us a raft or something that would allow us to escape. You set the thing up with impossible - or at the very least - exceptionally difficult parameters in the first place.

If the 'good news' is merely: "Hey, you've been born, you're aware and therefore you're alive and as such headed to "hell" cos you ain't perfect but here's a ticket out of it!"...then what exactly is actually "good" about that?

Rather like a fireman starting a fire and then giving the 'gift' of a rope ladder to those trapped in a building he set alight in the first place and shouting "Good news folks, here's your escape!"

SonOfCaleb

SonofCaleb is right, as he outlined in his Post #901....the scriptures say that God is in Heaven, but His power and knowledge extend everywhere. For example, He is not literally in the depths of the ocean, but He knows what is going on there.

As SonofCaleb mentioned, in I Kings chapter 8 Solomon prays that Jehovah will hear the prayers of His people, and he says to Jehovah at least eight times, either "hear in heaven, Your dwelling place or "hear in heaven." It seems that Solomon believed that God was indeed in heaven, not everywhere at once.

There are innumerable scriptures showing that heaven is Jehovah's dwelling place, and he "looks down" from there. Perhaps a glance at a concordance under "heaven," "heavens," and "heavenly" will add to our knowledge of just where Jehovah says he is.

Job 2:1-2 "2 Afterward the day came when the sons of the true God entered to take their station before Jehovah, and Satan also entered among them to take his station before Jehovah. 2*Then Jehovah said to Satan: “Where have you come from?” Satan answered Jehovah: “From roving about on the earth and from walking about in it."

A conversation between Jehovah and Satan. Quite clear just from this verse alone how ridiculous the belief of Gods so called omnipresence is. As the scriptures show two temporal beings conversing.

It really goes to show brother how the whole world really is lying in the power of the 'wicked one'. As despite the self evident truths in Gods word men still cling to these pagan satanic teachings that simply have no origin in the Bible.

SonOfCaleb

The origin of the name Christian did not come from God, and you have no biblical proof of that.

Im obviously wasting my time here as iv demonstrated clearly to you the origin and provided you with verses from the Bible, which you've chosen to not accept.

You're just not interested in accepting what the Bible says as it doesn't fit your own narrative. You'd have been better of saying you don't agree. Rather than your tendentious claim that I've not provided you with any Bible proof while conveniently cherry picking the portions of Christianity that are conducive to you, which likely explains why this thread reads like a rhetorical echo chamber brimming with your opinion instead of scriptural Bible based FACTS.

Last edited:

Prizebeatz1

Job 2:1-2 "2 Afterward the day came when the sons of the true God entered to take their station before Jehovah, and Satan also entered among them to take his station before Jehovah. 2*Then Jehovah said to Satan: “Where have you come from?” Satan answered Jehovah: “From roving about on the earth and from walking about in it."

A conversation between Jehovah and Satan. Quite clear just from this verse alone how ridiculous the belief of Gods so called omnipresence is. As the scriptures show two temporal beings conversing.

It really goes to show brother how the whole world really is lying in the power of the 'wicked one'. As despite the self evident truths in Gods word men still cling to these pagan satanic teachings that simply have no origin in the Bible.

Taking the bible literally misses the point by a large margin. We are one with God. Mankind tends to overlook this because it is the personality's job to separate itself from what is infinite and eternal at all costs. It's not the bible that is flawed, it's man's interpretation of the bible. We are confident that we have the one and only true interpretation when in fact there is a much higher meaning that we refuse to see because we think it's more important to be right than to feel the full extent of our oneness with God. Being proud to be right can make us feel good for a little bit but it cannot replace the infinite and eternal self-worth found in the soul. The personality is settling for a reduced version of the real thing. I used to think it was more important for me to remain Catholic than it was for me to recognize my true and eternal identity of the soul, for instance. Big mistake. When I say soul I am using the term loosely as the infinite and eternal part of us just FYI.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
As Christians keep bringing attention to the weakness of unbelievers, noting how hateful some of them are, it makes it easier for Christians to condemn them, in their righteous judgment of others...

:yawn:

"Truth is hate to those who hate the truth." ~ Bob Enyart Ac 20:20, Mark 16:16, Pr 31:9

bsmitts

Okay, let's reduce this to basics somewhat. If the pair of you had designed something whereby I or someone was either going to drown or some such suffering fate merely by our happening to 'be' then I'd hardly call either of you altruists by happening to throw us a raft or something that would allow us to escape. You set the thing up with impossible - or at the very least - exceptionally difficult parameters in the first place.

If the 'good news' is merely: "Hey, you've been born, you're aware and therefore you're alive and as such headed to "hell" cos you ain't perfect but here's a ticket out of it!"...then what exactly is actually "good" about that?

Rather like a fireman starting a fire and then giving the 'gift' of a rope ladder to those trapped in a building he set alight in the first place and shouting "Good news folks, here's your escape!"

Those are just bad analogies. Are you now under the delusion that I created hell?

bsmitts

Christianity isn't about "escaping" hell, although that's beneficial. If you got saved to "escape hell," chances are...You ain't saved. But sometime people wont listen to, although this is true, "God loves you and wants you to have a fellowship with him." A lot of times, they just turn and walk away. But if you start off trying to lovingly show them the biblical consequences to sin (which we all are sinners) you seem to have better success winning souls to The Lord. That's all I really mean.

Zeke

lol. Serioulsy.

Mickiel is criticizing a particular style, version, caricature of 'Christianity', not 'God' ....and holding that Jesus is the Lord and Savior of all, or will eventually/ultimately be....as the divine love and will triumphs, thru the victory of God thru Christ over all creation. 'Christian Universalism' can be supported biblically.

The mind song verses the heart song, that is the divide here, Those that have a heart song have passed over the bridge to the other shore enough times to learn how to stop creating pillars of mind salt behind them.

Zeke

Reductive Science and Religion have drowned out the song of Gaia, And look what has happened to Her under their watch.

Mickiel

There is a mounting effort to minimize salvation by religion, they think God's future Kingdom needs population control, so unbelievers are the unfortunate unwelcome target , and eternal hell is their new home. At the heart of this unholy effort, is to separate sinners from God. Amazingly, it is very believers in God who are pushing this arcane agenda. Just as believers in God were involved in the killing of Christ, what some believers do in the name of God is simply appalling at it's core. And they actually feel they have a holy card blanch to do it.

Is humanity then really safe from these confused believers? One would think that sin itself is the greatest danger to unbelievers, but I think its these believers who are acting like a holy lynch mob , that are the greater danger to the salvation of unbelievers. But humanity is really safe from them, in 1 Corinth. 15:28 all unbelievers will be subdued to Christ , the real order of salvation will take effect, and God will be " All and IN All!"

The inquisition of these believers cannot separate unbelievers from the Love of God.

Status
Not open for further replies.