ECT Why Were Only Some of the Jewish Believers Baptized Into the Body of Christ?

Jerry Shugart

Hi and I know that you are wrong in the above statement and will quote a verse that there are NO Jews in the B O C !!

Do you deny that Jewish believers were baptized into the Body of Christ:

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Cor.12:13).​

You can deny it all you want but the fact remains the same. Believing Jews were indeed baptized into the Body of Christ.

Believe the Bible!

Jerry Shugart

But you should say the disciples, not first century Jewish believers.

I said first century Jewish believers because that is exactly what I mean.

There are some on this forum who say that the first century Jewish believers who wrote and received the Hebrew epistles were not baptized into the Body of Christ.

But they are unable to give any proof from the Scriptures which supports their view. Their ideas were invented out of thin air.

Danoh

I said first century Jewish believers because that is exactly what I mean.

There are some on this forum who say that the first century Jewish believers who wrote and received the Hebrew epistles were not baptized into the Body of Christ.

But they are unable to give any proof from the Scriptures which supports their view. Their ideas were invented out of thin air.

John 10:24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.

DAN P

Do you deny that Jewish believers were baptized into the Body of Christ:

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Cor.12:13).​

You can deny it all you want but the fact remains the same. Believing Jews were indeed baptized into the Body of Christ.

Believe the Bible!

Hi and there are Jews and Gentiles who are BAPTIZO / PLACED into the B O C BUT when there BAPTIZO / PLACED into the B O C ALL Jews and Gentiles , Bond and Free , Male ans Female lose there IDENTITY because all are a NEW CREATION IN Christ Jesus and in Eph 2:15 we are called a " NEW MAN " !!

So that means that one leg are all Jews and the other leg are Gentiles and then the right arm is French and the other arm is all

Read Rom 10:12 and Col 3:11 tells the same story !!

dan p

turbosixx

Case in point, your erroneous assertion that 1 John 1: 9, 10 concern the Body.

Sorry to jump in but I'm curious. Do you believe there are two groups that can access the blood of Jesus for the forgiveness of sins? 1 Jn. 1:7

Jerry Shugart

John 10:24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.

What does that prove?

Surely you can do better than this, can't you?

Are we supposed to throw our reason to the wind and imagine that what is said there somehow proves that only some of the first century Jewish believers were baptized into the Body of Christ and others not?

Your ideas are bankrupt!

Danoh

Sorry to jump in but I'm curious. Do you believe there are two groups that can access the blood of Jesus for the forgiveness of sins? 1 Jn. 1:7

The chapters I suggested that Jerry re-read in the order I gave them, address your question.

It's called "rightly dividing the word of truth."

But you and I have been down this road before

I doubt you did what I suggested Jerry do; just as he obviously failed to do that little.

Because he has long since both ended up at, and dead set, in his many errors, he has long since largely rendered himself almost incapable of rightly dividing the word of truth beyond the very simplest of the most basic of basics of rightly dividing the word of truth.

The result?

Not only his many errors, but his consistent failure to see the obvious answer in a Scripture based reply to him - unless it is spelled out to him, in plain English.

And even doing that much often still runs smack into his cluelessness.

Sort of like Jacob, over in his thread in the Religion Forum about the Twelve, and the Eleven.

Not only did he once more clearly demonstrate his inability to discern some thing so simple like the fact that "Peter, standing up with the eleven" in Acts 2, makes it obvious there were Twelve Apostes AGAIN, but also made it obvious once more that he (Jacob) is ever clueless to just how clueless he ever is...to the simplest of deductions within the practice of rightly dividing the word of truth.

But, you did jump in, to my post to Jerry, turbo...

And you have asserted you are just curious.

Question is, did you at least read those chapters in the order I suggested they be read in?

I highly doubt it.

You just might...now.

2 Tim. 2:15

Rom. 5: 6-8.

Danoh

What does that prove?

Surely you can do better than this, can't you?

Are we supposed to throw our reason to the wind and imagine that what is said there somehow proves that only some of the first century Jewish believers were baptized into the Body of Christ and others not?

Your ideas are bankrupt!

What my posting that passage proves is your obvious inability to connect the dots on a thing.

I posted that passage because it illustrates what dealing with someone like you is like.

It fits the exact same context I posted that passage in.

No matter what the Lord had presented as a proof of Who He was, they came back with that Jerryism...

That fits you like a glove.

Went right past you.

As usual.

Rom. 5: 6-8.

DAN P

When does the bible tell us these two groups became one?

Hi and it is in Gal 3:28 that Jews and Gentiles ARE / ESTE and does means OSAS , because the PRESENT TENSE means CONTINUOUS ACTION in the PRESENT TENSE are always " in Christ ."

And I c an prove , by many more texts !!

dan p

Jerry Shugart

What my posting that passage proves is your obvious inability to connect the dots on a thing.

No one can possibly understand your ramblings which go on and on and you never ever even try to tell us why only some of the first century Jewish believers were baptized into the Body of Christ and some of them not.

If you are wrong in your teaching that neither John nor Peter nor James were baptized into the Body then you are making a huge mistake because you effectively rob those of believe you of the doctrine found in the Hebrew epistles.

DAN P

No one can possibly understand your ramblings which go on and on and you never ever even try to tell us why only some of the first century Jewish believers were baptized into the Body of Christ and some of them not.

If you are wrong in your teaching that neither John nor Peter nor James were baptized into the Body then you are making a huge mistake because you effectively rob those of believe you of the doctrine found in the Hebrew epistles.

Hi Jerry and you will always have a problem with believing Gal 3:28 and Col 3:11 that there are NO Jews and Gentiles in the B O C and the Greek Text supports Gal 3:28 and Col 3:11 !!

Where does it say that the 12 are in the B O C ??

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Hi Jerry and you will always have a problem with believing Gal 3:28 and Col 3:11 that there are NO Jews and Gentiles in the B O C and the Greek Text supports Gal 3:28 and Col 3:11 !!

Dan, we have been over this numerous times and you still refuse to answer my question.

Look at what Paul said at 1 Corinthians 12:13 and answer my question.

Were Jews baptized into the Body of Christ?

Where does it say that the 12 are in the B O C ??

We know that first century Jewish believers were baptized into the Body of Christ and the Scriptures will be searched in vain for any evidence that only some of them were.

And so far on this thread no one has been able to give any evidence from the Scriptures that only some of them were baptized into the Body of Christ.

The Hebrew epistles were written during the present dispensation so it defies common sense to even imagine that their doctrine was not for the present dispensation.

DAN P

Dan, w

We know that first century Jewish believers were baptized into the Body of Christ and the Scriptures will be searched in vain for any evidence that only some of them were.
t.

Hi Jerry , do believe that 1 Cor 12 :13 BAPTIZED / BAPTIZO is WATER / HUDOR ??

Will you say what the Greek word BAPTIZO means ??

Explain what the Greek word MADE TO DRINK / POTIZO , means ?

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Hi Jerry , do believe that 1 Cor 12 :13 BAPTIZED / BAPTIZO is WATER / HUDOR ??

How can you believe that the baptism of 1 Corinthians 12:13 is in regard to water baptism since it is the Holy Spirit who is doing the baptism?:

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit"
(1 Cor.12:13).​

Now I will ask you again. Were Jews baptized into the Body of Christ?

DAN P

How can you believe that the baptism of 1 Corinthians 12:13 is in regard to water baptism since it is the Holy Spirit who is doing the baptism?:

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit"

Now I will ask you again. Were Jews baptized into the Body of Christ?

Hi Jerry and will answer SINCE you did AVOIDED post #54 because you can NOT !!

Yes some were BAPTIZO / PLACED into the B O C and I wrote you a LIST and they were ALL those that helped Paul kin his ministry !!

You still will not believe 2 Cor 3:13-15 !!

So explain how Jews are saved today ?

You may explain , only one piece BUT explain verse 16 ??

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Hi Jerry and will answer SINCE you did AVOIDED post #54 because you can NOT !!

I didn't avoid it. I said that since 1 Corinthians 12:13 shows a baptism performed by the Holy Spirit is is obviously not a water baptism.

Now look at the following verse and tell me if Jews were baptized into the Body of Christ or not:

DAN P

I didn't avoid it. I said that since 1 Corinthians 12:13 shows a baptism performed by the Holy Spirit is is obviously not a water baptism.

Now look at the following verse and tell me if Jews were baptized into the Body of Christ or not:

Hi Jerry , so than from 2 Cor 13-16 , HOW ARE JEWS Saved today ??

dan p

Jerry Shugart

They can be saved by believing that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God (Jn.20:30-31; 1 Jn.5:1-4).

They can also be saved by believing Paul's gospel, the gospel of grace.

musterion

They can be saved by believing that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God (Jn.20:30-31; 1 Jn.5:1-4).

They can also be saved by believing Paul's gospel, the gospel of grace.

Oh look, Jerry's saying there's two saving gospels in force today.

That is what John Hagee preaches as Dual Covenant salvation. @JohnW can tell you about that.

You're preaching a false gospel, Jerry.