ECT Why shouldn't I convert from Evangelical Protestant to Catholic?

RichRock

BANNED
Banned
Good stuff.

Rabid vitriolic rhetoric from my protestant friends and supporters on this thread has given me an appetite to devour more Catholic literature about God's love.

...and I used to think the same as them and am quite ashamed to have been like that towards fellow followers of Christ.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...and I used to think the same as them and am quite ashamed to have been like that towards fellow followers of Christ.
You do realize that TOL represents mainstream Protestant orthodoxy the way Chuck E. Cheese's represents pizza parlors. :plain:

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Because that's the purpose of the thread.

3340660-2523466256-11834.jpg

RichRock

BANNED
Banned
Have you read any of Scott Hahn's books on Doubleday? They are fantasic. I have read them all. They are great:
  • First Comes Love
  • Hail, Holy Queen
  • The Lamb's Supper
  • Letter and Spirit
  • Lord, Have Mercy
  • Many Are Called
  • Angels and Saints

Hi, just watched him tell his story here:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W8RMvmrheE0

Presbyterian minister to Catholic..enjoyed listening, made a lot of sense. Thanks for pointing him out to me :)

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Have you read any of Scott Hahn's books on Doubleday? They are fantasic. I have read them all. They are great:
  • First Comes Love
  • Hail, Holy Queen
  • The Lamb's Supper
  • Letter and Spirit
  • Lord, Have Mercy
  • Many Are Called
  • Angels and Saints

Hi, just watched him tell his story here:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W8RMvmrheE0

Presbyterian minister to Catholic..enjoyed listening, made a lot of sense. Thanks for pointing him out to me :)

His testimony is great. He is my favorite lay theologian and speaker.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What? :mmph:

Well, per Trent, we Protestants are all anathema, that is, excommunicated and removed from their "true church" and in hope that we will repent of our errors.

Now in my case, in my leanings toward Jansenism while in seminary, the Romanist bull for heresy (Come occasione, issued by innocent X in 1653) applies. ;)

Actually I doubt the poster thought it through this much and just tossed out "heresy" as it sounded good.

Of course, when these Romanists are on their death beds and no one else is available, they will and should welcome my presence for last rites. Gheez, I can even still transubstantiate the elements of the Supper...not that it would be valid...but just one of those "abilities" still possessed. Romanists. Sigh.

AMR