Why no unretouched non-composite Photo of Earth from Space past 1000 miles?

Daniel1769

You need to study the subject photography. If you knew about photography your questions would be answered.

I know they claim to have pictures of distant galaxies but only a handful of photo of earth. Most of them they admit are composite images. We have allegedly had stuff in space since the 60s. There should be thousands of real photos of earth from space. There are none. I am unconvinced by NASA's sci-fi claims and their damage-control answers to criticism.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Why don't we see any little specks in the pictures? Why aren't there any stars?

Here's a challenge for you. Go out at night and take a picture of the sky with the bright moon in the center surrounded by a bunch of stars. Then post your pictures of the bright moon with the stars surrounding it.

zoo22

Those pictures almost look real. Almost. Plus, where are the satellites? They say there are thousands of satellites. Some sources say like, 20,000 satellites. Why don't we see any little specks in the pictures? Why aren't there any stars? Why do the pictures look fake?

Here's a challenge for you. Go out at night and take a picture of the sky with the bright moon in the center surrounded by a bunch of stars. Then post your pictures of the bright moon with the stars surrounding it.

Daniel1769 believes the earth is flat. That's who you're having a discussion about space with.

I'm no Calvin fan, but the globe is kind of silly. There are people standing upside down on the bottom of a spinning ball that's hurling through space and they can't even feel it?

He believes the earth is flat and that it's stationary. He doesn't believe in gravity.

There are other folks around here who also believe that the sun revolves around the earth, but as far as I know, Daniel1769 is the only person at TOL who believes the earth is flat.

Take a wild guess at their source materiel. (Hint: it's a book.)

"TOL: Powered by Truth."

Good thread!

Arthur Brain

Daniel1769 believes the earth is flat. That's who you're having a discussion about space with.

He believes the earth is flat and that it's stationary. He doesn't believe in gravity.

There are other folks around here who also believe that the sun revolves around the earth, but as far as I know, Daniel1769 is the only person at TOL who believes the earth is flat.

Good thread!

He also "thinks" Sandy Hook et al are hoaxes cos he saw a news report and there's wasn't tons of blood on display...

Nazaroo

Any good photographer will tell you its simply a matter of film speed
and chosen lens, aperature, suitable altitude and location, and a tripod.

moon05.jpg

Spoiler

desktop-beautiful-pictures-of-moon-and-stars-download.jpg

Daniel1769

Good thread!

You were in outerspace??

zoo22

You were in outerspace??

Unfortunately I've never been to outer space. I've also never been to Kathmandu, but I don't deny that it exists because I haven't been there. That would be absurd.

Fortunately, the people who've traveled into outer space and to Kathmandu have brought back all sorts of photographs and video for us! It's amazing.

Have you ever been to been to Kathmandu?

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
I know they claim to have pictures of distant galaxies but only a handful of photo of earth. Most of them they admit are composite images. We have allegedly had stuff in space since the 60s. There should be thousands of real photos of earth from space. There are none. I am unconvinced by NASA's sci-fi claims and their damage-control answers to criticism.

Have you ever noticed that all the cameras are on Earth pointed out towards the universe? There are very few cameras pointed at Earth.

Nazaroo

Have you ever noticed that all the cameras are on Earth pointed out towards the universe?
There are very few cameras pointed at Earth.

Have you ever noticed that you can take 1,000 digital pictures in a day
with a single camera?

I used to knock off about 200 pictures in a half-hour photoshoot,
and that involved a lot of fuss.

Did you know that transmitting digital pictures to earth via radio packets is
faster than high-speed internet for teens?

Did you know that automated cameras can take pictures faster than photographers?

Did you know that 90% of satellites are located below the 400 mile limit to protect them
from the van Allen belts?

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Have you ever noticed that you can take 1,000 digital pictures in a day
with a single camera?

I used to knock off about 200 pictures in a half-hour photoshoot,
and that involved a lot of fuss.

Did you know that transmitting digital pictures to earth via radio packets is
faster than high-speed internet for teens?

Did you know that automated cameras can take pictures faster than photographers?

Did you know that 90% of satellites are located below the 400 mile limit to protect them
from the van Allen belts?
The only cameras pointed at earth are weather satellites, spy satellites and some commercial satellites. They are in low orbits not to protect them from Van Allen belt radiation but because they can take better close up pictures from a low orbit. The rest of what you say really doesn't make any difference. The simple fact remains that there are no cameras more than a 1000 miles out from Earth pointed at Earth. The reason is simple; while a full frame image of Earth is cool, it doesn't convey any useful information. Low orbit satellites take high resolution pictures to help understand weather, spy on nations and make Google Earth really cool.

zoo22

The only cameras pointed at earth are weather satellites, spy satellites and some commercial satellites. They are in low orbits not to protect them from Van Allen belt radiation but because they can take better close up pictures from a low orbit. The rest of what you say really doesn't make any difference. The simple fact remains that there are no cameras more than a 1000 miles out from Earth pointed at Earth. The reason is simple; while a full frame image of Earth is cool, it doesn't convey any useful information.

Tell me this, Mr Science: How come all of the pictures taken in outer space always have a dark night sky as the background? When I look up at space in the daytime, it's obviously BLUE. What, do these so-called "space astronauts" only take space pictures at night? What a joke.

Low orbit satellites take high resolution pictures to help understand weather, spy on nations and make Google Earth really cool.

Yeh, I've looked at "Google earth" and if the earth is really a globe, how could it fit on my computer screen, which is, you guessed it, FLAT.

Last edited: