Why marriage matters

ClimateSanity

You are clearly set against the acceptance of SSM, and support the existing policies of the 41 States.
Your OP is hard set against SSM, even blaming it's acceptance as:-

Now.... which part of my suggestion are you having difficulty in understanding?
SSM does not marginalise Hetrosexual marriages, it simply bonds and protects two women or two men together in a physically and legally secure way. Many marriages do not produce children, and at this time that is a great blessing for the World. We are over-populated, you know.
Nothing of what you listed is doing anything to SSM people. What part of that are you having a hard time understanding?

ClimateSanity

You are clearly set against the acceptance of SSM, and support the existing policies of the 41 States.
Your OP is hard set against SSM, even blaming it's acceptance as:-

Now.... which part of my suggestion are you having difficulty in understanding?
SSM does not marginalise Hetrosexual marriages, it simply bonds and protects two women or two men together in a physically and legally secure way. Many marriages do not produce children, and at this time that is a great blessing for the World. We are over-populated, you know.
We are not overpopulated you know.

ClimateSanity

Let me answer for [MENTION=18336]MrDante[/MENTION] , by writing your OP you 'done' a very definite 'thing' to/against the promotion of SSM.

......... or... put me right.... just tell me that you would support SSM in your whole country, in all of it's States. OK?
That's not what I was charged with. You told me to leave SSM alone. I have never ever done a thing to a SSM couple. Being against SSM is not doing something to these people. I'm free to believe what I want and free to tell the world what I believe and why I believe it's true. SSM couples have no right to deny my freedom of speech.

ClimateSanity

Let me answer for [MENTION=18336]MrDante[/MENTION] , by writing your OP you 'done' a very definite 'thing' to/against the promotion of SSM.

......... or... put me right.... just tell me that you would support SSM in your whole country, in all of it's States. OK?
I don't support SSM in my whole country. Last I checked, that was my right. It's also not doing anything to anyone. I haven't been rude to gay people. I haven't treated them differently than any other person. Anything else is them taking offense at my beliefs and my public statements. That's on them....not me.

ClimateSanity

Eider responded to this quote "Redefining marriage is also a direct and demonstrable threat to religious freedom because it marginalizes those who affirm marriage as the union of a man and a woman. This is already evident in Massachusetts and Washington, D.C., among other locations."

He said that is doing something to SSM couples.

It's speech dude. I'm entitled to it. SSM couples are not entitled to restrict me from saying it.

Speech doesn't do anything to anyone unless it's directing violence or slandering someone.

That quote doesn't qualify.

glorydaz

Eider responded to this quote "Redefining marriage is also a direct and demonstrable threat to religious freedom because it marginalizes those who affirm marriage as the union of a man and a woman. This is already evident in Massachusetts and Washington, D.C., among other locations."

He said that is doing something to SSM couples.

It's speech dude. I'm entitled to it. SSM couples are not entitled to restrict me from saying it.

Speech doesn't do anything to anyone unless it's directing violence or slandering someone.

That quote doesn't qualify.

Sinners hate those who point out their sinful lifestyles. There's no mystery there. :idunno:

eider

But if he doesn't agree with their politics, he is automatically a bigot. Yes?

Your words. And your mind.

Are you accusing me of being a bigot, simply because I support the principle of the legal, physical and social recognition of SSM?
Are you all twisted up inside about this?

Jesus was not, but I think that you are.

eider

Nothing of what you listed is doing anything to SSM people. What part of that are you having a hard time understanding?

I'm having a hard time in understanding how you think that you can get away with taking my sentence.......
'And whilst doing that why not just leave SSM alone?'
....... then popping 'people' on the back of it and flying off into your rhetorical drivvle about 'free-speech'.... which you hate when it doesn't suit you....?

Now that's a kind of deception, Climate Sanity.
But clearly I've kicked your motor into gear...... look at all those deceptive posts..... Wow!

eider

Sinners hate those who point out their sinful lifestyles. There's no mystery there. :idunno:

You dunno?
Obviously you don't mean me......... you mustr be thinking of people in love who want to forge a happy contented union......

And you dug all this sin up from...... where, exactly?

eider

'Catholic Church is never going to "recognize" it though, just so you know.

I doubt that the Catholic Church will carry out ssm services, but it may recognise SSMs, SSUs, SSP's, SSC-Ps in time.
Never say 'never'.